Graco Contender 65 vs Extend2Fit: The Graco Extend2Fit and Graco Contender 65 are both great options if you’re looking for a car seat. But which of the two is the best? This study will compare the two products, Graco Contender 65 vs. Graco Extend2Fit, to see which is the superior choice.
Graco Contender 65 vs Extend2Fit– Quick Comparison Summary
Rear-Facing Harness: Graco Extend2Fit rear-facing child from rear-facing harness 4–50 lbs, and Graco Contender 65 rear-facing child from 5–40 lbs.
Popular: The Graco Extend2Fit is a far more popular car seat on Amazon than the Graco Contender 65.
Price: The Graco Contender 65 is less expensive than the Graco Extend2Fit, which is more expensive.
Similarities: Both the Graco Extend2Fit and the Graco Contender 65 have amazing features, including forward-facing children from 22 to 65 pounds, 5-point harnesses, easy in and out, and more.
Dimension: Graco Contender 65 dimensions are 21.5 x 19.5 x 23.5 inches, while Graco Extend2Fit dimensions are 21.5 x 19.5 x 23.5 inches.
Cup Holder: The Graco Contender 65 only features a single cup holder, while the Graco Extend2Fit comes standard with two holders.
Position HeadRest: While the Graco Contender 65 comes with an 8-position headrest, the Graco Extend2Fit comes standard with a 10-position headrest.
Graco Contender 65
1 Cup Holder
2 Cup Holder
Minimum Weight Recommendation
Maximum Weight Recommendation
Easy In and Easy Out
Forward Facing Child
21.5 x 19.5 x 23.5 inches
21.5 x 19.5 x 23.5 inches
Is there a base with this Graco competitor 65 convertible car seat? Are they compatible with another greco product's base (snugride)?
Is this car seat intended to remain stationary in the vehicle? Or is it simply to bring an infant in and out of the house?
Will my one-year-old be comfy in this seat during a 10-hour car ride? According to the reviews, it doesn't have a lot of padding, so I'm concerned she won't be comfortable.
Is there a posture in which a child could sleep comfortably on an airplane?
Is this going to fit in a Toyota Corolla?
Does this item have harness strap coverings like the Target extend-a-fit seats? I don't see any strap covers in the image.
Do the harness straps adapt when you modify the headrest height? Or do you have to rethread the straps when adjusting for the size of the baby?
What is the maximum height when rear-facing? The Target website indicates 54 inches; however, Amazon displays 45 inches, and the Graco page has no height information.
Graco Contender 65 vs
About this item – Graco Contender 65 Convertible Car Seat, Glacier
- The 8-position headrest is easily adaptable with only one hand to the needs of your developing child.
- Helps shield forward-facing toddlers from 22 to 65 lbs. and rear-facing newborns from 5 to 40 lbs.
- It’s easy to put together because it comes with a latch and an easy-to-read level indicator.The Contender 65 has two buckle positions, a machine-washable seat pad, removable head and body supports, and other features to help keep your developing child comfortable and safe.
- To keep your child cozy and safe, this convertible car seat has two buckle configurations, a machine-washable seat pad, and a removable body support.
- ProtectPlus by Graco The most stringent crash tests were combined with additional testing based on the New Vehicle Assessment Program and for extremely high interior temperatures to help protect your child in frontal, side, rear, and rollover collisions.
- This seat was designed by Graco ProtectPlus to help safeguard your child in frontal, side, rear, and rollover collisions. To clean the buckle, use a moist towel.
- Your child can access drinks thanks to the cup holder.
- Easy installation in the rear-facing position utilizing LATCH and a level indication that is easy to read.The Contender 65 convertible car seat accommodates children from 22 to 65 pounds in its 5-point harness when they are facing forward and 5 to 40 pounds when they are facing backward.
- With the Simple Safe Adjust harness system, which automatically changes the height of the headrest and harness, it can easily grow with your child.
- A one-handed, eight-position adjustable headrest conveniently accommodates the requirements of your developing child.Easy installation thanks to the latch’s easy-to-read level indicatorYou can put and remove the infant by using the 5-point, front-adjust harness.
- Baby is kept comfortable with removable head and body supports.
- Designed to shield your forward-facing youngster from weights of 22 to 65 pounds and your rear-facing child from weights of 5 to 40 pounds.
- With just one simple move, the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System raises the headrest and harness into alignment.
- With a one-hand, no-re-thread harness that automatically adjusts, the Simple Safe Adjust Harness System is both simple and safe.
About this item – Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat, Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, Gotham Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat, Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, Gotham
- ProtectPlus Developed by Graco. With the removable, soft head and body inserts, your baby will feel cradled and at ease.Just Safe Adjust the harness and no-rethread headrest simultaneously.
- Longer rear-facing rides are safe! From rear-facing harness (4–50 lb) to forward-facing harness, the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat grows with your kid (22–65 lb). It has a 4-position extension panel that offers up to 5″ more rear-facing legroom, enabling your child to ride rear-facing for a longer period of time safely.
- With Extend2Fit, the rear-facing use of the seat is extended while also allowing for growth with your child thanks to the adjustable extension panel and 50-poundund rear-facing weight limit.
- The headrest and harness may be adjusted in height simultaneously using the seat’s No-Rethread Simple Safe Adjust Harness System, and InRight LATCH enables a one-second LATCH hookup.
- Easy-to-use harness storage compartments that keep the harness out of the way while you put the infant in and out of the car seat make harnessing easier. The Graco ProtectPlus Engineering of this car seat helps to provide protection in frontal, side, rear, and rollover collisions.
- Imported convertible car seat converts from rear-facing harness (4–50 lbs.) to forward-facing harness as your child develops (22–65 lbs.).Extend2Fit’s adjustable 4-position extension panel offers up to 5 “longer rear-facing rides for your child, who will be safe thanks to the extra legroom.
- Measurements of the product: 21.5″D x 19.5″W x 23.5″H; Weight: 19 lbs.Longer rear-facing rides are safe! From rear-facing harness (4–50 lbs) to forward-facing harness, the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat develops with your kid (22–65 lbs).
- It has a 4-position extension panel that offers up to 5″ more rear-facing legroom, enabling your child to ride rear-facing for a longer period of time safely.
- Children should ride rear-facing for as long as feasible or until they reach the maximum rear-facing height or weight limit for their car seat, as it is safer.
- With Extend2Fit, the rear-facing weight limit of 50 lbs. and adjustable extension panel enable the seat to grow with your kid, enabling prolonged rear-facing use.
- Your youngster can ride safely rear-facing for a longer period of time if they weigh up to 50 pounds.