Motorola MG7550 vs MG7700: What distinguishes the Motorola MG7550 and MG7700 as modem/WiFi router combos with power boost? The goal of the Motorola MG7550 vs MG7700 comparison study is to determine which WiFi Router Combo is the best.
Motorola MG7550 vs MG7700 – Quick Comparison Summary
When compared to the Motorola MG7550, the popularity of the Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo With Power Boost on Amazon.com is through the roof.
The Motorola MG7550 is cheaper, comparable to the Motorola MG7700.
The Motorola MG7550 is an older version, and its maximum internet speed is up to 300 Mbps. In contrast, the Motorola MG7700 is the most recent version, and its maximum load time is up to 800 Mbps.
Both the Motorola MG7550 and the Motorola MG7700 use touch as their primary method of control. In addition, both models have a dual-band, power-boost built-in wireless router, and their connectivity technologies include Wifi and Ethernet, as well as four gigabit Ethernet ports but no telephone ports.
The DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding on the Motorola MG7550 is just 16×4, but the DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding on the Motorola MG7700 is 24×8.
The maximum download speed of the Motorola MG7550 is 686 Mbps, whereas the maximum speed of the Motorola MG7700 is over 1000 Mbps.
The Motorola MG7550 has dimensions of 10.9 inches by 10.2 inches by 2.8 inches, and it weighs 2.65 pounds. While the Motorola MG7700 has dimensions of 8.6 x 2.6 x 9 inches and a weight of 1.5 pounds, it only weighs 1.5 pounds.
DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding
Recommended by Comcast Xfinity for Internet Service This Speed Tier or Below
Maximum Internet Download Speed (Actual speeds are lower)
WiFi Power Boost for Extended Range and Faster WiFi
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Telephone Ports (for Xfinity Voice)
Frequency Band Class
The range is outstanding, according to the sellers. What does this router's precise range look like?
This 32 band modem, is it?
How simple is this device's setup?
What is the modem's range?
The ethernet ports are 1 gig.
Does this router allow band steering, sometimes known as mixing 2.4 and 5 GHz into one ssid?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MG7550 vs MG7700
About this item – Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More | for Cable Plans Up to 300 Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0
- Need Internet access through cable. Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1 have approved it for usage with Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW, CableOne, and other cable service providers.
- We will eliminate monthly rentals for cable modems up to $156. Savings are displayed for Xfinity and differ depending on the cable company.
- No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and other providers. (The MG7550 model lacks a phone jack.).
- In addition to an integrated AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet connections, a firewall called DFS, Power Boost, and other features, For true cable Internet service speeds of up to 375 Mbps, this device is advised.
- A Broadcom cable modem chipset offers defense against DoS assaults. Even in multi-dwelling homes with a lot of WiFi noise from neighbors, WiFi performance is quite good. The keys are DFS and Power Boost.
About this item – Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 800 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0 + Gigabit Router
- 24×7 DOCSIS speed 3.0 cable modem with four Gigabit Ethernet ports, an integrated AC1900 Dual Band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router, power-boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall protection, and other features The highest modem speed, which supports service speeds of up to 650, is 1000 Mbps.
- Save up to 156 dollars per year on cable modem leasing.
- Savings differ by cable service provider and are shown for Comcast Xfinity.) is approved by every major cable company, including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum. (No cable modem works with satellite, fiber optic, or DSL services provided by Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, or any other provider.).
- It provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, and more. It has a built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power Boost.
- There are 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports that may be used to wire connect to Mac and Windows PCs, as well as other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable modem chipset offers defense against denial-of-service assaults.