Arris s33 vs Motorola mb8600: The Arris s33 and the Motorola MB8600 are two fantastic cable modems with a lot of features. But which one is the best?
Which is better between the Arris s33 and the Motorola MB8600? We want to see which is better in this Arris s33 vs Motorola mb8600 comparison review.
Arris s33 vs Motorola Mb8600 – Quick Comparison Summary
- The Arriss SurfBoard S33 features two ports, however the Motorola MB600 only has one.
The Motorola MB8600 is less expensive.
Both the Motorola MB8600 and the Arris S33 are cable modems that support DOCSIS 3.1.
On Amazon.com, the Motorola MB8600 is quite popular. When compared to the Arris S33,
Both are capable of 32×8 for maximum Internet speed.
The Motorola MB8600 was released in 2017, whereas the Arris S33 was released in 2020.
Wifi-Router (Cable Internet Service) is required for both. Does Not Include Wifi.
5.14 x 1.8 x 4.74 inches
7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches
Date First Available
October 4, 2020
May 17, 2017
Product Type (This table only includes cable modems with NO built-in WiFi router)
DOCSIS 3.1 plus 32×8 3.0 Cable Modem
DOCSIS 3.1 plus 32×8 3.0 Cable Modem
Built-in WiFi Router
Built-in Telephone Port
2.5G Ethernet Port
Is this compatible with Xfinity Extreme 1200mbps? It isn't listed as a supported device.?
Is it possible to utilise both ethernet ports at the same time?
Will this modem fit on its side (1.75") in a 1RU rack space?
Do all four Ethernet ports on this modem provide the same amount of bandwidth, or do some of them function at full capacity only?
Is this powered by the now-famous Intel Puma 6 chipset?
Is it true that despite the multiple LAN ports, only one device can connect to the modem? You can't connect your computer and your router at the same time?
I'll need wifi as well, so what do you suggest?
About this item – Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem – Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum, Supports Cable Plans up to 1000 Mbps | 1 Gbps Ethernet Port
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers – Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save Money – Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Flexible Compatibility – Pair with any Wi-Fi router you’d like, including Whole Home Wi-Fi or Mesh routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi. A 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port allows connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station. This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Proactive Network Security – A broadcom chipset provides advanced security from denial-of service attacks.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) – AQM significantly reduces Internet latency on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services, resulting in faster page loads for all Web traffic and enhanced interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. The MB8600 also includes a full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
About this item – ARRIS Surfboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gigabit Cable Modem with 2.5 Gbps Ethernet Port, Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & Others.
- MULTI-GIG NETWORKING: The SURFboard S33 features a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port plus an additional 1 Gbps Ethernet port for a 2nd network
- Cable internet service required. Does NOT include Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service.
- DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem approved for cable internet speed plans up to 1.2 Gbps
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- Connects to any existing Wi-Fi router for blazing-fast internet.
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others.ice.
- Stop renting your modem and save on monthly modem rental fees!
- Sleek new, modern design fits nicely into home or office
- Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers