Arris S33 vs Netgear CM2000: The Arris S33 and Netgear CM2000 are both great options for cable modems, but which one is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparative analysis, we’ll analyze and contrast the Arris S33 and Netgear CM2000 in order to decide which product is the best.
Arris S33 vs Netgear CM2000– Quick Comparison Summary
- The dimensions of the Arris S33 are 5.14 x 1.8 x 4.74 inches, while the dimensions of the Netgear CM2000 are 9.92 x 4.7 x 8.7 inches.
Compared to the pricey Netgear CM2000, the Arris S33 is less expensive.
Compared to the Arris S33, the Netgear CM2000 is a far more popular cable modem on Amazon.
Both the Arris S33 and Netgear CM2000 have some amazing features in common, such as the ability to support cable internet plans with speeds of up to 2.5 Gbps, DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 channel bonding, OFDM (A) 2×2, and many more.
While the Netgear CM2000 weighs 1.02 pounds, the Arris S33 weighs just 0.9 pounds.
The Arris S33 comes with a warranty that is good for two years, while the Netgear CM2000 only has a warranty that is good for one year.
Whereas Netgear CM2000 only has one 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port, Arris S33 features 2.5 Gbps and 1 Gbps Ethernet ports.
2 Years Warranty
1 Year Warranty
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
1 x 2.5G
1 x 1G
1 x 2.5G
Cable Provider Compatibility
Suddenlink, Xfinity, Cox, Mediacomm, Spectrum
All Major Cable Providers, incl. COX, Spectrum, Xfinity
Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility
Up to 2.5Gbps
Up to 2.5Gbps
DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 Channel Bonding, OFDM(A) 2×2
DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 Channel Bonding, OFDM(A) 2×2, IPv6
Router, Personal Computer, Ethernet Connected Device
5.14 x 1.8 x 4.74 inches
9.92 x 4.7 x 8.7 inches
Is 1200mbps xfinity extreme supported? It's not a permitted gadget, thus it won't work.
Is simultaneous usage of both ethernet ports possible?
To what extent does snmp support exist in this modem?
Can this thing be hung on a wall?
Is it possible to mount this modem in a 1RU area if I turn it on its side (1.75")?
If there is only one ethernet port, why does your description indicate there are four?
Can I use one wan port to connect directly to my computer and the other wan port to connect to my router while using the cm1200 and Xfinity for my home internet?
Thus, a 2 Gigabit Modem with, wait for it, 1 Gigabit Ethernet Ports. in contrast to 2.5gbit. I need to know which engineer screwed up.
Whether or not this is compatible with the ooma business service
Amazon.com Description: Arris S33 vs Netgear CM2000
About this item – ARRIS Surfboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gigabit Cable Modem | Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum & More | 1 & 2.5 Gbps Ports | 2.5 Gbps Max Internet Speeds | 4 OFDM Channels | 2 Year Warranty
Fast Internet: The most recent technology offered by cable internet companies is DOCSIS 3.1. It is 10 times faster than DOCSIS 3.0, providing enhanced security, decreasing gaming lag, and enabling high-speed home networking.
8 upstream and 32 downstream DOCSIS 3.0 channel bonds
Modem Technology: The most recent technology offered by cable internet companies is DOCSIS 3.1. It is 10 times faster than DOCSIS 3.0, offers enhanced security, decreases gaming lag, and supports multi-gigabit networking (the ability to run fast speeds on your copper cable from your internet provider).
Simplified and safe Set-up: Connect the device, download the Surfboard Central application, and follow the on-screen instructions to activate the modem. Connect to a Wi-Fi router to establish a network.
Live chat and phone support are accessible between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Sunday.
Ethernet Ports: Equipped with one 2.5-Gigabit and one 1-Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
What’s Included: You will receive an ARRIS Surfboard S33 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start Guide, and a 2-year warranty card with your purchase.
Save Cash: Own your modem to save money. Reduce your cable expense by up to $168 a year in rental fees for cable modems (savings vary by cable service provider). compatible with the majority of U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list, see the extra information listed below.
A Reliable Name in Home Connectivity: Improved Connectivity and Speed The ARRIS Surfboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is designed to deliver greater connectivity, expand your network’s capacity, and allow faster streaming and downloading throughout your entire home. from a reputable brand that has sold over 260 million modems and counting.
Support Dedicated to Customers Live chat and phone support are accessible between 8 a.m. and 1 a.m. EST. ARRIS provides the following guarantees:The product includes a two-year limited warranty.
Reduce your cable bill by no longer renting a cable modem and eliminating those monthly fees. compatible with major cable internet service providers in the United States, including Cox (Gigablast), Spectrum (Internet Gig), Xfinity (Blast!/Extreme Pro), and others.
The Surfboard S33 is compatible with major cable internet providers in the United States, including Cox (Gigablast), Spectrum (Internet Gig), Xfinity (Blast!/Extreme Pro), and others. It is authorised for cable internet subscriptions with speeds up to 2.5 GB/s. Check the website of your Internet service provider (ISP) to ensure compatibility.
Garantie Offered by ARRIS: The product includes a two-year limited warranty.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Multi-Gig Cable Modem CM2000 – Compatible with all Cable Providers incl. Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox | For Cable Plans Up to 2.5Gbps | DOCSIS 3.1
- This modem technology was created using DOCSIS 3.1 32×8 channel bonding and OFDM(A) 2×2.
- IS COMPATIBLE WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER, BUT WIFI 6 IS PREFERRED:You can use the Ethernet connector on this modem to connect a WiFi router, allowing you to use it with multiple wireless devices. Use a NETGEAR WiFi 6 router or Orbi Mesh system to get the highest possible online speeds.
- Multi-gigabit speed-capable design: the optimal choice for cable internet plans up to 2.5 Gbps
- Lower your monthly rent by replacing your cable modem, which can cost as much as $168 per year to rent.
- Prepare for today’s and tomorrow’s fastest cable Internet service plans with the latest generation of cable modems, DOCSIS 3.1, which provides ultra-high speed Internet connections of up to 2.5 Gbps. DOCSIS 3.1 provides cable Internet speeds that are 10 times faster than those of its predecessor, DOCSIS 3.0. When compared to renting a cable modem on a monthly basis, you can save as much as $168 a year.
- With full compatibility across all Internet service speed tiers, the Nighthawk 2.5Gbps Internet Speed Cable Modem is also DOCSIS 3.0 backward compatible. The item can work with voltages between 100 and 240 volts.
- Guaranteed to work with any major cable Internet provider: The entire Xfinity family, Cox, and Spectrum are included. None of the voice services offered by Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, or any other package service will work.
- The quickest and most reliable multi-gigabit Internet connections are possible using the 1 x 2.5 Gbps Ethernet connector.