Arris SB6141 vs SB6190: What’s The Difference?
When it comes to choosing a modem, there are many options available on the market. Two of the most popular modems are the Arris SB6141 and the SB6190. So, which one should you choose?
The Arris SB6141 is a great option for people who want a reliable modem that is easy to set up. It offers speeds of up to 343 Mbps, making it perfect for streaming HD content and gaming.
The Arris SB6190 is also a great option, offering speeds of up to 800Mbps. This makes it perfect for people who have multiple devices connected to their home network or who need fast download speeds for large files. However, the price tag is significantly higher than that of the SB6141.
- Arris SB6141 is a popular cable modem on Amazon that customers love for its performance compared to the Arris SB6190.
- There is a significant price difference between the Arris SB6141 and the Arris SB6190 cable modems. The SB6141 is significantly cheaper, likely because it does not include all of the advanced features, Arris SB6190 more expensive model.
- Arris SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is significantly slower than the Arris SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 32 x 8 Gigabit Cable Modem in term of internet speed. The Arris SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem only supports up to 343Mbps while the Arris SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 32 x 8 Gigabit Cable Modem can go up to 800Gbps.
- Arris SB6141 has a download speed of only 343 Mbps, while the Arris SB6190 has a maximum internet speed of 800 Mbps. Arris SB6141 is thus not ideal for those who want to download large files or stream video content. The Arris SB6190, on the other hand, is a great option for users who need high speed internet access.
- The Arris SB6141 and the Arris SB6190 share some features such as a 2-year warranty, 1 gigabit ethernet port, and being simple to set up. Additionally, they both weigh just one pound.
- Arris SB6141 Dimension is 6.4 x 2 x 8.7 inches While Arris SB6190 Dimension is 7.15 x 4.5 x 6.11 inches, making it slightly larger in both width and height than the previous model. The depth of the device is also different, with the SB6190 being 1.56 inches deeper than the SB6141.
- The Arris SB6141 has a white color, while the Arris SB6190 is black.
DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Easy to Install
Built-in WiFi Router
Works With Any WiFi Router That Has an Ethernet WAN port
8X4 Gigabit Cable Modem
32 x 8 Gigabit Cable Modem
2 Year Warranty
Item Dimensions LxWxH
6.4 x 2 x 8.7 inches
7.15 x 4.5 x 6.11 inches
Date First Available
October 6, 2017
April 12, 2017
Does Comcast support this?
Is an additional router necessary?
Are there two CAT-5 ethernet outlets on it?
It supports MAC filtering, right?
Should the bottom light continue to be green? Mine is more white than green, though.
Are there any Spectrum Extreme Internet users? How about if you upgraded your account or internet service but didn't get quicker speed?
Amazon.com Description: Arris SB6141 vs SB6190
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB6141 8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem – Retail Packaging
- You may start surfing in just a few simple steps. Simply connect your live coax cable, plug in the power, and wait a few minutes while the modem completes the provisioning procedure.
- Models in brown boxes Should immediately notify Amazon and return to seller;2-year warranty with US-based customer service Consult the installation video and Quick Start Guide. It supports the most recent Internet standards, IPv4 and IPv6.
- 8 download channels and 4 upload channels with a maximum download speed of 343 Mbps and a maximum upload speed of 131 Mbps. For Internet plans up to 100 Mbps, it is recommended.
- It’s simply a wired modem. Neither a WiFi router nor a VOIP telephone adaptor are included. Gigabit Ethernet ports for router or computer connections.
- Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse Networks), Cox, Mediacom, Suddenlink, and the vast majority of other US Cable Internet Providers are all approved.It is not suitable for AT&T, Verizon, or Centurylink. needs internet access.
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others
- It’s never been simpler to set up. To set up your modem, just download the SURFboard Central app and adhere to the detailed instructions.
- For syncing with a Wi-Fi router or other device, the device has a 1 Gigabit Ethernet port with 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels.
- The best cable modem for plans with up to 800 Mbps of internet speed is DOCSIS 3.0. Setting up your modem is simple with the SURFboard Central app.
- Additionally, by buying your modem, you save on paying monthly modem rental costs while simultaneously providing your home network with the most recent technologies.
Internet access through cable is necessary.
- It does not support cable digital voice service and does not have Wi-Fi.
A DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem called the SB6190 has the ability to join up to 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels.
compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and other significant U.S. cable internet providers.
- Compatible with none of the following internet service providers: ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink, or other DSL or Fiber providers.