ARRIS SB8200 vs Motorola MB8611: When it comes to cable modems, choosing between the ARRIS SB8200 and the Motorola MB8611 might be a challenging task. Both of them are wonderful options, but which one is superior? The purpose of this comparative evaluation of the ARRIS SB8200 and the Motorola MB8611 is to assist you in determining which product is the superior option for your specific needs.
ARRIS SB8200 vs Motorola MB8611 – Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 and the Motorola MB8611 are equipped with DOCSIS 3.1 gigabit cable modems and come with 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, respectively.
- While the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 has two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports that each support 1 GB, the Motorola MB8611 only comes with one 1-Gigabit Ethernet port capable of supporting 2.5 Gigabits.
- The weight of the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is 1.65 pounds, while the weight of the Motorola MB8611 is merely 1.1 pounds.
- Comparatively, the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is more affordable than the Motorola MB8611.
- On Amazon.com, the Motorola MB8611 is a huge hit among cable modems. ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is a comparable model.
- The dimensions of the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 are 5 inches, 2 inches, and 5 inches, while the dimensions of the Motorola MB8600 are 7.25 inches and 7.88 inches.
- The color white is available for the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200, whereas the color black is available for the Motorola MB8600.
ARRIS Surfboard SB8200
5 x 2 x 5 inches
7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
1 ( 2.5 gb )
DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Technology
Downstream x Upstream Channels
32 x 8
32 x 8
Best for cable internet speed plans
Up to 1 Gbps
UPTO 2.5 GB
Quick & easy setup
Internet service provider
Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
Optimum, Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
How frequently is the software updated to keep up with Spectrum?
I have a d-link wifi ac 750 mbps dual-band internet router with a cloud app. Will it function with this modem?
Is this compatible with the Xfinity Triple Play service?
Do all four Ethernet ports on this modem produce the same amount of bandwidth, or do some only work at full capacity?
Rapid start According to Quide, it does not have wifi or a router. So, can I connect to xfinitywifi wirelessly?
What would be the ideal router to pair with the MB8600?
Amazon.com Description: ARRIS SB8200 vs Motorola MB8611
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem | Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & others | White , Max Internet Speed Plan 1000 Mbps
- The SURFboard SB8200 is compatible with major cable internet providers in the United States, including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and others.
- The DOCSIS 3/1 Cable Modem is ideal for cable internet subscriptions with speeds of up to 2 Gbps. To achieve 2 Gbps, your cable internet provider will need to give you a second IP address.
- The SURFboard SB8200 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem, which is the most recent technology available from cable companies.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream2 upstream x 2 downstreamBonded DOCSIS 3.0 channelsChannels for OFDM 3-1 DOCSIS
Internet access through cable is necessary. Wi-Fi is not included, and cable digital voice service is not supported.
- It is not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, or any other DSL or fiber internet service provider.
- There are two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports.
It has the highest speeds available from cable Internet service providers, making it ideal for 4K Ultra-HD video streaming and virtual reality gaming. It also includes two Gigabit Ethernet ports!
About this item – Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox Gigablast, Spectrum | 2.5 Gbps Port | 2500 Mbps Max Internet Speeds
- Built for dependability, Motorola is a global pioneer in technology that people rely on. It comes with a 2-year guarantee and free assistance from our team of technicians in the United States.
- Fast streaming, video conferencing, and gaming—Active Queue Management (AQM) is used to minimize Internet latency and improve app performance, such as online gaming, conferencing, and streaming.
- Connects to any WiFi router: To connect all of your gadgets, it is seamlessly compatible with any WiFi router. This cable modem does not have a wireless router or the capacity to make phone calls.
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet speed: A 2.5 GB Ethernet port provides truly high-speed access to even the most powerful routers and PCs, with downstream rates of just under 2,500 Mbps and upstream speeds of up to 800 Mbps when enabled by your internet service plan.
- DOCSIS 3.0 (ultra-fast) 3.1 performance – True Gigabit-plus speeds are delivered. Supports Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum fast internet services. 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 backward compatibility