Arris SB8200 vs SBG8300: In this article, we’re going to take a look at two of their latest models: the SB8200 and the SBG8300. Both of these modems are high-end devices that deliver some impressive speeds. But which one is better? That’s what we’re going to find out in this article. We’ll compare the specs of each modem and see how they stack up against each other. We’ll also look at customer reviews to get an idea of what people think about these devices. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Arris SB8200 vs SBG8300 – Quick Comparison Summary
- When compared to the Arris SBG8300, the Arris Surfboard SB8200 cable modem has incredibly impressive reviews and ratings.
- The Arris SB8200 is a simple cable modem, but the Arris SBG8300 combines the functions of a cable modem and an AC2350 wireless router.
- Due to various additional features, the Arris SBG8300 is more expensive than the Arris SB8200.
- While the Arris SBG8300 has four 1 GB Ethernet ports, the Arris SB8200 only has two.
- The Arris SBG8300 wifi coverage area is up to 2800 SQ Ft, while the Arris SB8200 is only a cable modem.
- The best for cable internet speed plans is up to 1 GBps, DOCSIS Technology is 3.1, 2-Year Limited Warranty, and 4 OFDM Channels are all shared by the Arris SB8200 and SBG8300.
- While the Arris SBG8300 weighs 2.99 pounds, the Arris SB8200 weighs only 1.48 pounds.
- While the Arris SBG8300 debuted in 2019, the Arris SB8200 debuted in 2017.
Cable Modem Wi-Fi Router
AC2350 dual-band concurrent
2 Year Warranty
Best for Cable Internet Speed Plans
Up to 1 Gbps
Up to 1 Gbps
DOCSIS Downstream x Upstream Channels
32 x 8
32 x 8
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Item Dimensions LxWxH
2.87 x 8 x 9.33 inches
2.87 x 8 x 9.33 inches
I have a dual-band d-link wireless ac 750 mbps home cloud router with apps. Will this modem work with it?
Does it work with astound(rcn)?
Is this backed up? I only had this for 5 months before it broke.
Has anyone here used link aggregation? Is it possible to set up an etherchannel between your modem and a real router? Cisco 4321 etc
Can this router be managed remotely?
Do all of the Ethernet ports on the rear function simultaneously or is there only one?
how much bandwidth?
Will the SBG8300 allow me to hardwire my computer and Google WiFi router to two different ethernet ports for Xfinity? If not, is there a workaround for it?
Is this compatible with the 1 GB plan from Suddenlink?
Amazon.com Description: Arris SB8200 vs SBG8300
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem | Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & others | White , Max Internet Speed Plan 1000 Mbps
- 32 upstream times 8 downstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels, two down and two up OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- The best cable modem for internet speeds up to 2 Gbps is DOCSIS 3-1. To get to 2 Gbps, you will need a second IP address from your cable internet provider.
- Two ports for 1 Gigabit Ethernet Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink, or any other DSL or Fiber internet provider.
- Setup is quick and easy. Your network will be up and running in no time with just a few simple cable connections and a quick trip to your ISP’s self-activation portal. 1. Plug in the coaxial, power, and Ethernet cables. 2. Contact your ISP (through their website) to set up 3. Connect your devices to a Wi-Fi router to set them up.
- There are two gigabit Ethernet ports. There are two 1 Gbps Ethernet ports that can reach speeds of up to 1 Gbps.
- (Note that your cable internet provider may need a second IP address for 2 Gbps speeds.) Internet service through cable is needed; Does not inlcude Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service
About this item – ARRIS – SURFboard SBG8300 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Wi-Fi Router-Approved for Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum-Four 1-Gigabit Ethernet Ports-Supports Cable Internet Speed Plans up to 1000 Mbps
- Configure and administer your network using the SURFboard Manager application. Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network to manage your Wi-Fi settings via voice.
- 32 downstream by 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream by 2 upstream DOCSIS channels. DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Ideal for cable internet plans with speeds up to 4 Gbps. required cable internet service
Boost the speed and performance of your network with a compact, all-in-one device!
- The SURFboard SBG8300 is a DOCSIS 3.1 Wi-Fi cable modem, the newest cable internet provider standard. It is capable of bonding as many as 32 downstream and 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 channels or 2 x 2 OFDM DOCSIS 3.1 channels, thereby increasing bandwidth for true gigabit speed capability.
- Four 1-Gigabit Ethernet Ports The SBG7600AC2 features four 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports for lightning-fast wired networking. Ideal for connecting smart televisions, gaming consoles, and more.
- Dual-band concurrent Wave 2 AC2350 Wi-Fi router with four Gigabit Ethernet ports Three products in one: DOCSIS 3.0/1.1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual Band Wi-Fi, 4 Port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with leading U.S. cable Internet service providers, including CableOne/Sparkligh, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Grande Communicatio, Mediacom, RCN, Service Electric, Spectrum (Charter, TWC, BHN), Wave Broadband, and WOW. Not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber providers