ARRIS SBG8300 vs NETGEAR CAX80: Both the ARRIS SBG8300 and the NETGEAR CAX80 are fantastic options to consider if you are searching for a Dual-Band DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem. But which of the two options is superior to the other? In this comparison review of the ARRIS SBG8300 and the NETGEAR CAX80, we are going to look at the two products side by side to determine which one offers a superior choice.
ARRIS SBG8300 vs NETGEAR CAX80 – Quick Comparison Summary
On Amazon.com, the NETGEAR CAX80 Nighthawk Cable Modem is an extremely well-liked Wifi-6 Router. Consider the ARRIS SBG8300 as a comparison.
The NETGEAR CAX80 is extremely pricey, while the ARRIS SBG8300 is more affordable.
The speed of the ARRIS SBG8300 can reach up to 1000 MBps, whereas the speed of the NETGEAR CAX80 can reach up to 6000 Mbps per second.
While the ARRIS SBG8300 Wifi-Router comes with four Gigabit Ethernet ports, the NETGEAR CAX80 only comes with three ports.
While the connectivity technology of the ARRIS SBG8300 includes WiFi, Ethernet, and coaxial cable, the connectivity technology of the NETGEAR CAX80 just includes WiFi and Ethernet.
DOCSIS 3.1 is supported by both the ARRIS SBG8300 and the NETGEAR CAX80.
Comparatively, the NETGEAR CAX80 is a Dual-Band Wifi 6 Router, whilst the ARRIS SBG8300 is a Dual-Band Wifi 5 Router.
While the ARRIS SBG8300 does not have a USB option, the NETGEAR CAX80 comes with 1 USB 3.0 port.
The weight of the ARRIS SBG8300 is 2 pounds, whereas the weight of the NETGEAR CAX80 is 4.45 pounds.
Wi-Fi 5 Router
Wi-Fi 6 Router
Number of Ports
Data Transfer Rate
1 Gigabits Per Second
6 Gigabits Per Second
Frequency Band Class
WiFi, Ethernet, Coaxial Cable
Streaming devices, Cell Pnone, Firestick, IOT devices, Personal Computer, Smart Television
Phone, Tablet, WiFi-Enabled Devices, Media Streaming Devices, Computer, PC, Mac, Gaming Consoles
Are batteries required?
Are batteries included?
USB Ports (Printer, storage drive, etc.)
Was the prior device owner's Mac address released? What happens if you don't?
Do you double-check that the Arris SB8200 is no longer registered with Xfinity before mailing it?
Is this compatible with the Century Link?
Is it possible to connect a phone line to this unit?
Why is it that Netgear does not release firmware updates for their modems? Why do they encourage you to contact your internet service provider to upgrade their products?
Is this Susdenlink compatible?
Amazon.com Description: ARRIS SBG8300 vs NETGEAR CAX80
About this item – ARRIS Surfboard SBG8300-RB DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem & AC2350 Dual Band Wi-Fi 5 Router, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & Others (RENEWED)
- compatible with major cable internet service providers in the United States, including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and othersInternet access through cable is necessary.
- It is not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, or any other DSL or fiber internet service provider.
- The SURFboard Manager software allows you to configure and manage your network.
- Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network to manage your Wi-Fi settings by speech.
Three items in one:DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (no support for cable digital voice service).
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
32 DOCSIS downstream x 8 upstream channels, 2 DOCSIS downstream x 2 upstream channels, and 3 downstream x 1 OFDM channelsBest for cable internet plans with speeds of up to 4 Gbps. Internet access through cable is necessary.
- Only SBG8300-RB with component number 1000926-RB was REFURBISHED by Arrise.
The SBG8300 combines a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem with a Wi-Fi router that supports 802.11ac and has four 1-gigabit Ethernet connections. a cost-effective and space-saving choice.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Built-in WiFi 6 Router (CAX80) – Compatible with All Major Cable Providers incl. Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox | Cable Plans Up to 6Gbps | AX6000 WiFi 6 speed | DOCSIS 3.1
- DOCSIS 3.1 and 32×8 channel bonding are the technologies used in modems.
The Nighthawk multi-gigabit speed cable modem router gives a genuinely next-level experience without restrictions, with a 5Gbps Ethernet connector and four times the capacity to support more WiFi devices.
- The best cybersecurity software in the world lets you try it out for free for 30 days and protects all of your home devices from viruses, malware, and data theft.
- CONNECTIONS THAT ARE VERSATILEFast wired connectivity to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices is provided via one 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, four Gigabit Ethernet ports, and one USB 3.0 connector.
- 6Gbps is possible with the best cable provider plans.
- Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and others are compatible with most major cable internet service providers. It is not compatible with VZW, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, or any phone service package.
- Fast WiFi 6 performance: Wireless coverage of up to 3,000 square feet with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps).