ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 vs Motorola MB8600: The Motorola MB8600 and the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 are both top options for DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modems, but which one is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparison analysis, we’ll compare and contrast the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 with the Motorola MB8600 in order to decide which product is the best.
ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 vs Motorola MB8600 – Quick Comparison Summary
- On Amazon.com, the Motorola MB8600 is a Huge Popularity among Cable Modems. ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is a comparable model.
- The colour white is available for the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200, whereas the colour black is available for the Motorola MB8600.
- The weight of the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is 1.65 pounds, whereas the weight of the Motorola MB8600 is only 1.09 pounds.
- The dimensions of the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 are 5 inches, 2 inches, and 5 inches, while the dimensions of the Motorola MB8600 are 7.25 inches, 2.25 inches, and 7.88 inches.
- While the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is a bit more expensive, the Motorola MB8600 is a bit more affordable.
- The Motorola MB8600 only comes with a single Gigabit Ethernet port, but the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 is equipped with two of them.
- Both the ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 and the Motorola MB8600 come equipped with DOCSIS 3.1 gigabit cable modems and have 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, respectively.
ARRIS Surfboard SB8200
5 x 2 x 5 inches
7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Technology
Downstream x Upstream Channels
32 x 8
32 x 8
Best for cable internet speed plans
Up to 1 Gbps
up to 1000 Mbps
Quick & easy setup
Internet service provider
Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
Optimum, Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
How frequently are updates made to the program to keep in sync with Spectrum?
I have a dual-band, wireless ac 750 mbps home internet router with d-link. Does it function with this modem?
Is Spectrum Time Warner compatibility finally achieved? gosh! I have no idea why it's taking so long.
Does this modem's four Ethernet ports all produce the same amount of bandwidth, or are certain ports more capable than others?
I also require wifi; what do you suggest?
rapid start Quide claims that it lacks a router or wifi functionality. Can I access Xfinity WiFi wirelessly, then?
Amazon.com Description: ARRIS Surfboard SB8200 vs Motorola MB8600
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem | Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & others | White , Max Internet Speed Plan 1000 Mbps
- The best cable modem for plans with up to 2 Gbps of internet speed is DOCSIS 3. 1. A second IP address from your cable internet provider is necessary to attain 2 Gbps. Take note.
- Cable internet service is required; however, it does not support cable digital voice service and does not have Wi-Fi.
- compatible with none of the DSL or Fiber internet service providers listed below:ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink. A DOCSIS 3.1 modem, the most recent technology provided by cable carriers, is the SURFboard SB8200.
- 8 upstream and 32 downstream. Bonded channels for DOCSIS 3.0, 2 downstream by 2 upstream OFDM channels for DOCSIS 3.0
two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports. The major US cable providers, including Comcast (Xfinity service by Comcast), Cox, and others, are compatible with the SB8200. The connected home of today requires speeds faster than ever before.
- The highest speeds offered by cable Internet service providers are possible with it, making it ideal for activities like 4K Ultra-HD video streaming and virtual reality gaming. The device also includes two Gigabit Ethernet ports!
About this item – Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem – Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum, Supports Cable Plans up to 1000 Mbps | 1 Gbps Ethernet Port
- Flexible Compatibility—Connect to any Wi-Fi router of your choice, including mesh or whole-home routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi.
- Any device with an Ethernet port, whether a router, a Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or gaming console, can be connected to a 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port. There is no built-in wireless router or phone calling feature on this cable modem.
- All Multi-Gigabit Speed Tiers’ Fastest Internet Speeds- This device is the finest cable modem, according to Wirecutter, for users of gigabit internet plans.
- For all cable Internet providers, built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 capabilities provide the fastest possible internet rates.
- Savings vary by cable service provider and are displayed for Comcast Xfinity. All speeds, including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast, are approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne. not suitable for RCN. Fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services provided by Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and other providers are not compatible with any cable modem.