Arris TM822 vs TM1602: Arris offers two modem models that support DOCSIS 3.0 and telephony – the TM822 and the TM1602. If you are looking for a modem that can support both high-speed Internet and telephony services, the Arris TM160 is a great option. It is easy to set up and provides excellent call quality.
Arris TM822 vs TM1602 – Quick Comparison Summary
The Arris TM822 modem is less popular than the Arris Touchstone TM1602 DOCSIS 3.0 modem on Amazon.
The newest and least expensive Arris model, the TM1602, is less expensive than the TM822.
The Arris TM1602 DOCSIS 3.0 features a 16X4 Downstream/Upstream Channel-Bond compared to the Arris TM822’s 8X4 Downstream/Upstream Channel-Bond, which means it can download data twice as fast.
They both offer two telephone lines, the Arris TM822 and TM1602.
While the Arris TM1602 download speed is 315 Mbps, the Arris TM822 speed is approximately 200 Mbps.
Both the Arris TM822 and TM1602 are available in black and weigh about the same amount, about 1.5 pounds.
While the Arris TM1602 measures 7.1 x 1.8 x 7.1 inches, the Arris TM822 measures 7.3 x 1.7 x 6.2 inches.
Can we manually connect the modem to our current cable?
Does it function on TV? To save some money, I set the TV setup box back to its best setting.
This item is it a DSL modem?
Is the modem "factory reset" to start over with my Internet service provider, or might a Mac be used?
What distinguishes this model from the TM1602?
What is inside the box? Does it run on electricity or batteries?
Does this function optimally?
Do you need a technician or phone help to just change thismidem for Optimum? Thanks
Do you know if there is a warranty or not?
Does Mediacom support it? Thanks
Is this product a phone and cable modem just, or does it also have wireless Wi-Fi?
Amazon.com Description: Arris TM822 vs TM1602
About this item – ARRIS TM822 (Series – TM822A) Touchstone Docsis 3.0 8×4 Ultra-High Speed Telephony Modem (Renewed)
- Two principal lines of Voice over IP (VoIP) and extremely fast data access are provided by the Touchstone DOCSIS 3.0 8×4 Embedded Multimedia Terminal Adaptor (EMTA) TM822. The TM822 gives the home or small business user the speed and performance only found in an 8×4 bonded channel cable environment, allowing them to address productivity needs.
- It was designed to support the services that advanced users most desire. With the TM822, cable providers can provide their subscribers with data services at speeds greater than 300Mbps.
- I purchased this router to replace the previous one, for which Optimum was billing me $10 each month. The new router works perfectly because I followed the best instructions for router installation and registration.
- IPv4/IPv6 modes for DOCSIS CM approved by DOCSIS 3.0; 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet
- I recently installed this modem to replace the one provided by Optimum, and I’m pleased with it thus far. After connecting it, all that was required to have it registered and functioning was a phone call to Optimum and ten minutes with a specialist.
- With this, my two new Roku, and Hulu Live, I no longer need Optimum for internet access. Optimum charges $10 per month for their modem. Even with HBO, Showtime, and Netflix, I still manage to reduce my monthly TV spending by roughly $60. It’s quite simple to stop using cable (at least for TV).
- DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0 compatibility Flexible 8×4 downstream/upstream channel-bonding with increased throughput
About this item – ARRIS Touchstone TM1602A DOCSIS 3.0 Upgradeable 16×4 Telephony Modem for TWC & Optimum (Renewed)
- Modem product type Dimensions of the package: 9.398 L x 31.826 H x 24.13 W (Cm)
- I had been renting a modem, but I realised that if I bought one and saved a few dollars, it would pay for itself in less than a year. I used to rent a similar model before purchasing Altice. Despite the fact that it says reconditioned, when I bought it, it appeared to be fresh new.
- Additionally, some wires were included. I set it up and called my internet provider, who confirmed compatibility and got my internet working even though I wasn’t 100% sure it would work. Even slightly quicker than my rental is this. If it hadn’t worked, I would have gone back, but it does.
- Quantity 1 of the Package 1.79897205792 pounds
- We bought this because my wife and I were sick of paying to rent Optimum Onlines on a monthly basis. This is the only one, according to our study, that is compatible with Optimum’s coverage.
- Great ratings on a Netgear device that we tried didn’t work with Optimum and only worked with Cablevision. This is the best course of action if you want to reduce the size of your monthly cable payment.
- Pleasantly surprised given the conflicting opinions expressed here. The modem arrived today, and it resembles the one I am currently renting from Optimum in every way. It appears as new out of the box with no scratches or imperfections. I was a little confused because I had bought the TM1602A model but was given a TM1602.
- This did not bother me, though, as my first preference was for the TM1602. I had no issues getting up and running after contacting Optimum support to have the MAC address registered. This took about 10 minutes. I’ll be returning Optimum’s exorbitantly priced rental modem as soon as the day is done. I’ll miss you.