Baofeng UV 82HP vs BF F8HP: Both the Baofeng UV 82HP and the Baofeng BF F8HP are fantastic options to consider when shopping for a radio with dual bands if you are in the market for one. But which of the two options is superior to the other? In this comparative study of the Baofeng BF F8HP and the Baofeng UV 82HP, we’ll look at the two items side by side to determine which one offers a superior choice.
Baofeng UV 82HP vs BF F8HP – Quick Comparison Summary
- In comparison to the Baofeng UV 82HP, the Baofeng BF F8HP is an extremely well-liked dual-band radio on the market.
- The price of the Baofeng UV 82HP and the Baofeng BF F8HP is the same.
- In comparison, the Baofeng BF F8HP has a maximum talking range of only 25 miles, while the Baofeng UV 82HP has a maximum talking range of 60 miles.
- In comparison, the Baofeng BF F8HP has a power output of 8 watts, while the Baofeng UV 82HP has power output levels of 1 watt, 5 watts, and 7 watts.
- The battery capacity of the Baofeng UV 82HP is 1800 mAh, but that of the Baofeng BF F8HP is slightly higher at 2000 mAh.
- While the Baofeng BF F8HP only comes with a single push-to-talk button, the Baofeng UV 82HP may be configured to have either a single or dual push-to-talk buttons.
- The speaker size of the Baofeng UV 82HP is 1000 mW, but the speaker size of the Baofeng BF F8HP is just 700 mW.
- Both the Baofeng UV 82HP and the Baofeng BF F8HP have some of the same outstanding features, such as an emergency alert, auto squelch, LED flashlight, keypad lock, amateur radio, display tri-color, 128 channels, a high-gain 7″ antenna, and much more.
- Disabling the frequency oscillator (VFO) is an option that is included with the Baofeng UV 82HP, while the Baofeng BF 8HP does not have this feature.
- The weight of the Baofeng BF F8HP is 0.6 pounds, while the weight of the Baofeng UV 82HP is 1.17 pounds.
- The dimensions of the Baofeng BF F8HP are 10.5 x 2 x 2 inches, compared to 2.5 x 8.1 x 7 inches for the Baofeng UV 82HP.
Baofeng UV 82HP
Baofeng BF F8HP
Number of Channels
Talking Range Maximum
Water Resistance Level
3 levels (1watt, 5 watts, 7 Watts)
Disable VFO (Frequency)
2.5 x 8.1 x 7 inches
10.5 x 2 x 2 inches
Which do you think is better, the uv-82hp or the bf-f8hp?
Is it possible to turn the backlight on and off manually? The automated on/off feature drives me insane.
Which transmitting antenna would be best for these Baofeng radios? 400.000 mhz 150.00 mhz I'm referring to the best, which includes pole mounting.
Can this radio be programmed with fire and EMS alert tones?
Can these be configured to transmit and receive on GMRS 462 MHz?
Which frequencies will I have to get licensed for? How can I find out which repeaters I might like to utilize and how much their membership costs?
What type of range can I expect?
I recently received the BF-F8HP and installed the Nagoya NA-771 from my UV-5R. This antenna irritates the 8HP. Why? Only receiving half of the messages...
Is the battery the same as the one used in the UV-5R?
Can you use it as a walkie-talkie? As in, me and someone else in the woods conversing?
Can the radio be set to standby and triggered via DTMF tones? I'd like to use the radio as a pager for the fire department.
Amazon.com Description: Baofeng UV 82HP vs BF F8HP
About this item – BaoFeng UV-82HP High Power Dual Band Radio: 136-174mhz (VHF) 400-520mhz (UHF) Amateur (Ham) Portable Two-Way
Power settings: high, medium, and low (7W/4W/1W); Frequency Bandwidth: VHF frequency range: 136–174 MHz (Rx/Tx). UHF: 400–520 MHz (Rx/Tx); selectable broad (wide) or narrowband (narrow).
- Features: Talk Around Mode on VOX BCLO (Busy Channel Lock-Out) Transmission Time Out (TX OFF) Channel Receive Only Tail Elimination by Frequency Reverse Squelch (STE) Work Mode (VFO Selection/Menu Lockout) Storage of Alpha-Numeric Channels Programmable through a PC
- The PC03 FTDI Cable is recommended for simple computer programming; it works with the CHIRP software.The UV-82HP Radio, 1800mAh Battery, V85 Dual Band Antenna, CH-8 Charger, CH-8 110V Adapter, Earpiece Kit, Wrist Strap, Belt Clip, and User Manual are included in the kit.BTECH is happy to be based in the United States, allowing you to benefit from the best local assistance possible. BTECH only designs and engineers radio products.
- Because of this brand focus, you can get the best available radios and accessories with genuine USA guarantees and support.
- UV-82HP High Output BaoFeng: 8 watts or more UV-82HP The UV-82HP is the successor to the iconic UV-82 series. The UV-82HP has three selectable power levels (low: 1 watt; medium: 5 watt; high: 7/8 watt), allowing for a high output of up to eight watts.Channels, programmable buttons, and other features allow you to personalize your operation. You have complete control over how your UV-82HP is programmed.
- There are 128 memory channels that can be programmed. Using the free computer software, you can add or remove channels from the scanning list. Using a computer, you can give channels alphanumeric names. The radio has three power settings (a maximum of eight watts), allowing you to determine how far you can converse.
- Selectable dual or single push-to-talk The UV-82 Series has two push-to-talk buttons. By using the rocker push-to-talk switch, you can transmit on two frequencies simultaneously. By pressing ‘up,’ you can transmit on ‘Frequency A,’ and by pressing ‘down,’ you can transmit on ‘Frequency B. Frequency A or B can also be utilized as a channel, frequency, CTCSS, and DTS tone scanner. Please keep in mind that the BaoFeng UV-82HP allows you to
- synchronize the PTT button in order to re-enable a single push-to-talk switch. This simplifies use for people who just need to communicate on one frequency.
About this item – BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt Dual Band Two-Way Radio (136-174MHz VHF & 400-520MHz UHF) Includes Full Kit with Large Battery
- In addition to the three power levels (1, 4, and 8 watt), it comes with a new 2000 mAh battery, an in-depth user guide, concierge assistance, and the High Gain V-85 Antenna. All while keeping full backward compatibility with all previous UV-5R accessories.
- The Next-Generation UV-5R The BF-F8HP is a dual-band handheld radio that improves on the UV-5R by providing more transmit power and a new concierge service based on a new-generation chipset.
- High, Medium, and Low Power Settings (8W, 4W, and 1W); Frequency Bandwidth: VHF frequency range: 136–174 MHz (Rx/Tx). UHF: 400–520 MHz (Rx/Tx); selectable broad (wide) or narrowband (narrow).
- The BF-F8HP was designed in the United States, and because not everyone is a radio specialist, we wanted to focus on making the user experience as simple as possible! That begins with the new in-depth handbook, which walks you through the BF-F8HP’s capabilities and customization.
- In addition, the BF-F8HP comes with exclusive concierge customer service and warranty support. This concierge service is only offered on a limited number of BaoFeng models, including the BF-F8HP, UV-82HP, and UV-5X3.
- The following items are included in the kit: BF-F8HP, 2100mAh battery, V-85 Dual Band Antenna, CH-5 Charger, CH-5 110V Adapter, Earpiece Kit, Wrist Strap, Belt Clip, and User Manual.
- Improvements over our Previous Generation UV-5R: New Hardened Durable Radio Shell, 30% Larger Battery, V-85 High Gain Antenna (Twice the Antenna Performance), USA Support + In-depth User Guide Included; For Easier PC Programming, a PC03 FTDI Programming Cable is recommended.
- BTECH is happy to be located in the United States, allowing you to receive the finest available local support for any issues that may arise. BTECH only designs and engineers radio products. Because of this brand focus, you may get the best available radios and accessories with the most features, as well as a genuine USA guarantee and support.