BenQ HT2050A vs Epson 2150: The BenQ HT2050A and Epson 2150 are both great options if you’re looking for a home theater projector. But which of the two is the best? In this comparison study, we’ll look at the BenQ HT2050A and the Epson 2150 to see which one is better.
BenQ HT2050A vs Epson 2150 – Quick Comparison Summary
- The Epson 2150’s dimensions are 12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches compared to 15 x 11 x 5 inches for the BenQ HT2050A.
- Compared to the Epson 2150, the BenQ HT2050A is a very popular home theatre projector on Amazon.
- The BenQ HT2050A is more affordable as compared to the Epson 2150, which is pricey.
- The picture brightness of the BenQ HT2050A is 2200 lumens, but the image brightness of the Epson 2150 is 2,500 lumens.
- The BenQ HT2050A uses DLP technology, whereas the Epson 2150A uses 3LCD projector technology.
- The Epson 2150 image contrast ratio is 60,000:1, compared to 15000:1 for the BenQ HT2050A.
- The Epson 2150’s maximum screen size is 132 inches, compared to 300 inches for the BenQ HT2050A.
- The Epson 2150 keystone adjustment is simply vertical, whereas the BenQ HT2050A keystone adjustment is both vertical and horizontal.
- The Epson 2150 weighs 7.7 pounds, compared to 8 pounds for the BenQ HT2050A.
Image Contrast Ratio
Max Screen Size
Vertical and horizontal
Built in Speakers
Quick, Convenient Controls
15 x 11 x 5 inches
12.2 x 11.2 x 4.8 inches
BenQ HT2050A Video
BenQ Epson 2150 Video
What is the difference between this model and the previous one?
Answer: I found this article www.hifihelper.com/ht2050a-vs-ht2050 useful for not only listing all of the changes, but also for determining whether or not those variances would make a significant impact.
What does this look like throughout the day?
Because it has a modest lumen output, light must be managed to get the most out of it. The darker the better, obviously. If you require a projector for daylight use, go for one with a significantly greater lumen output.
Is the ht2050a capable of receiving video from a cell phone? such as the Samsung Galaxy A10e?
Thank you for contacting us about our HT2050A Home Theater projector. Please note that this model does not have a wifi connection.
How does this relate to gaming?
Answer: Excellent for gaming. The large screen and incredible detail appeal to me. The heating of the projector, like with every projector, is a disadvantage. Two powerful units will get very hot. When putting the components together, keep ventilation in mind.
Is it possible to hang it from the ceiling?
The Epson Home Cinema 2150 may be used with the Universal Projector Ceiling Mount Kit (ELPMBPJG). This projector mount has a sleek, low-profile design. Visit the Epson Support website for more information. I hope this information is useful.
Is there a media player incorporated into the Epson 2150? Is it possible to play mp4 files from an external USB drive?
Answer: Although this product does not include a built-in media player, the Home Cinema 2150 Wireless 1080p 3LCD Projector may project images and other content from USB hard drives that fulfill the following specifications without the need of a computer or video device.
Amazon.com Description: BenQ HT2050A vs Epson 2150
About this item – BenQ HT2050A 1080P Home Theater Projector | 2200 Lumens | 96% Rec.709 for Accurate Colors | Low Input Lag Ideal for Gaming | 2D Keystone for Flexible Setup
- Superior Imaging: A 1080p projector with a brightness of 2,200 Lumens, a high native contrast ratio, and a color accuracy calibration of 96 percent Rec. 709.
- FLEXIBILITY WITH CONNECTIVITY:With input choices including HDMI, USB, and more, it works with most media players, game consoles, PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
- ProjECTOR OF THE YEAR: Best Projector for the Money-CNET, Highly Rated-Projector Central HDTV compatibility: 480i, 480p, 576i, 567p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p; video compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, SDTV; 3D compatibility: NTSC, PAL, SECAM, SDTV Frame Sequential: 720p, Frame Packing: 1080p, Side by Side: 1080i/p, Top Bottom: 1080p.
- The technology of DLP is the industry standard, with 90 percent of theaters and 100 percent of Digital IMAX theaters using it. BenQ’s projector will provide you with a longer-lasting, thinner design and a clearer, crisper image.
- High responsiveness: The ultra-smooth gaming experience is ensured by the very low input latency of 16 ms and various game modes.
- Impress your friends: By projecting a 100-inch screen from just 8 feet away, you can bring the action to the big screen. Up to 300-inch projects are possible.
About this item – Epson Home Cinema 2150, Wireless, Full HD, 1080p, 2,500 lumens color brightness (color light output), 2,500 lumens white brightness (white light output), 2x HDMI (1 MHL), Miracast, 3LCD projector
- Miracast (Android/Windows 8.1/10) allows you to wirelessly mirror your device’s photographs, movies, and programs.
- Widescreen 1080p pictures may span up to 11 feet or more, more than four times the size of a 60-inch flat display.
- 60,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for significantly more clarity in dark areas and improved projection technology.
- Smooth, crisp, true-to-life photos with image enhancement and frame interpolation
The projector produces beautiful pictures with 2,500 lumens of color and white brightness (1).
- Your new home entertainment hub is the Home Cinema 2150 wireless projector, which can show Full HD video from a variety of devices.
- Stream HD TV, movies, videos, and games: MHL devices (2) are supported for mirroring and charging (3). Full 10-bit color processing. 200 W UHE lamp type fan noise ranges from 29 to 37 decibels.
- Up to 11 feet (132 inches diagonally), entertainment may span up to 11 feet (132 inches diagonally), more than four times the size of a 60-inch flat panel.
- Bright The projector boasts 2,500 lumens of equal color and white brightness, making it excellent for a variety of lighting settings (1).