Benq HT3550 vs Optoma UHD50X: The Benq HT3550 and Optoma UHD50X are both great options for 4K home theater projectors, but which is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparative analysis, we’ll compare and contrast the Benq HT3550 and Optoma UHD50X in order to decide which product is the best.
Benq HT3550 vs Optoma UHD50X– Quick Comparison Summary
- The Benq HT3550 and the Optoma UHD50X both have a maximum display resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, a DLP display type, and many other fantastic features in common.
- The brightness of the Benq HT3550 is only 2000 lumens, whereas the brightness of the Optoma UHD50X is 3,400 lumens.
- In comparison to the Optoma UHD50X, the Benq HT3550 is a very well-liked 4K home theater projector on the market.
- The Benq UHD50X is less expensive than the Optoma HT3550, which is more costly.
- The Benq HT3550 has a contrast ratio of 30,000:1, whereas the Optoma UHD50X has a contrast ratio of 500,000:1.
Optoma UHD50X only has a one-year limited warranty on its projector parts, whereas the Benq HT3550 comes with an industry-leading three-year warranty.
Whereas the display resolution of the Benq HT3550 is 4096 by 2160, the display resolution of the Optoma UHD50X is only 3840 by 2160.
While the Optoma UHD50X weighs 8.6 pounds, the Benq HT3550 weighs 9.2 pounds.
Whereas Optoma UHD50X dimensions are 4.6 x 12.4 x 10.6, Benq HT3550 dimensions are 14.96 x 5 x 10.35 inches.
Display Resolution Maximum
4096 x 2160
3840 x 2160 Pixels
3 Year Industry Leading Warranty
1 Year Limited Projector Parts
Date First Available
February 20, 2019
February 14, 2020
Display Resolution Maximum
4K UHD (3840 x 2160)
3840 x 2160 Pixels
Speakers, 3d Built-In
240Hz Gaming Mode, Speakers
VGA, USB, HDMI
Remote Control w/ Battery, Power Cord, User Manual CD, Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card
UHD50X, AC Power Cord, Remote Control, Batteries for Remote and Quick Start Guide Card
14.96 x 5 x 10.35 Inches
4.6 x 12.4 x 10.6 Inches
How does it compare to the Optoma HD60?
Previous owners of the W1070 How does it fare in dimly lit film scenes? Is the sky still murky gray? Several movies are ruined for me by the W1070's mediocre darks!
Does it support 1080p 2D with a refresh rate of 120 Hz on PC?
Can I project a 16.9 image on a 92" diagonal screen from a ceiling mount 12' away?
Is it possible to mount it on the floor?
How can you use the high refresh rate if you don't allow a cord to take advantage of it?
Do all 3D projectors necessitate the use of active glasses? Are there any that are compatible with passive glasses?
Is 3D equipment required to enable 3D mode, and what glasses can I use?
Amazon.com Description: Benq HT3550 vs Optoma UHD50X
About this item – BenQ HT3550 4K Home Theater Projector with HDR10 and HLG – 95% DCI-P3 and 100% Rec.709 – Dynamic Iris for Enhanced Darker Contrast Scenes – 3 Year Industry Leading Warranty
- DLP TECHNOLOGY: DLP is the top technology utilized in digital IMAX theaters and 90% of all movie theaters worldwide.
- With a BenQ projector, you’ll enjoy a longer lifespan, a thinner design, and a better and crisper image.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PROJECTOR: Projector Central June 2019 – Best of Awards HometheaterHiFi 2019 Industry Leading Warranty: BenQ’s 3-year guarantee, compared to the top competitor’s 1-year warranty, offers more piece of mind with coverage that lets you know our customer care staff in the US is available when you need it.
- Cinematic Color Technology: Our out-of-the-box factory calibrated color accurate projector with dci-p3 color space is one of the most advanced technologies currently available when it comes to colors and gives you a larger visible spectrum than you can get with Rec.
- 709 HDR-PRO TONE MAPPING: Designed to provide greater contrast, which ensures that your 4K content is professionally detailed to give you the cinema experience without actually having to go to the cinema to do 10 -ELEMENT LENS ARRAY: A group of specialized all-glass lenses that offer the best possible sharpness, color, clarity, and quality.
- INDUSTRY PRINCIPAL WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage; whenever you need us, our US-based customer service staff is here.
- 3.840 x 2160 pixels, or 8.3 million individual pixels, provide incredibly high resolution and sharply defined details on the TRUE 4K PROJECTOR.
- NOT 2K or double HD as other manufacturers
Installation flexibility: a 100″ at 8.2 feet may be set up in a small space thanks to a 5 percent vertical lens shift and a short throw with a 1.33x huge zoom lens.
About this item – Optoma UHD50X True 4K UHD Projector for Movies & Gaming | 240Hz Refresh Rate | Lowest Input Lag on 4K Projector | Enhanced Gaming Mode 16ms Response Time | HDR10 & HLG Compatibility | 3400 lumens
- True 4K Ultra HD: With 8.3 million individually addressable pixels, 4K Ultra HD gives you the feeling of watching a high-definition home movie.
- 3,400 lumens of brightness are available for use in your home theater, family room, gaming area, or even outdoors for backyard movie evenings.
- Flexible Installation: With 1.3X zoom, 5–15% vertical lens shift, and 40° keystone correction, you can obtain the perfect shot whether it’s ceiling mounted or on a table.
- HLG and HDR COMPATIBLE: With HDR10 and HLG technology, enjoy brighter whites and deeper black depths for an improved viewing experience of images and movies.
- DYNAMIC BLACK: Using smoothing lamp output to provide a high contrast ratio (500,000:1), Dynamic Black technology adds depth to the image. Dark scenes maintain their detail, while bright scenes appear clear.
- A variety of inputs, including HDMI 2.0 ports with HDCP 2.2 compatibility, HDMI 4K, USB, VGA, and more, allow you to connect with the majority of media players, gaming consoles, computers, Macs, and mobile devices.
- No Lag Gaming: Presenting the world’s first ultra-fast 240Hz gaming projector, which when paired with Advanced Game Mode produces a 16ms response time or 26ms at 4K UHD for the lowest input latency on a 4K projector, offering blur-free graphics and unsurpassed smoothness.
- A PICTURE THAT IS CLEAR AND COLORFUL: UltraDetail technology guarantees improved image sharpness at a greater frame rate to produce a picture that is crystal clear. The 8-segment RGBWRGBW color wheel boosts the color ratio for a more vibrant, rich, and cinematic image.
- Enjoy a lamp life of up to 15,000 hours, which is enough to watch two 2-hour movies on average.
- Each day, 10 years or morePROJECTION OF STANDARD THROW: Around 9 to 11 feet away, project an image up to 100 inches; 11 to 13 feet away, display an image up to 120 inches; and up to 302 inches with the UHD50X.