Blue Snowball vs Snowball Ice: Choosing between Blue Snowball and Snowball Ice might be difficult. Which is more valuable: the Blue Snowball or the Snowball Ice? There are several advantages to using any of these USB Microphones, but which one is the best? A comparison of the Blue Snowball and the Snowball Ice is included in this review.
Blue Snowball vs Snowball Ice – Quick Comparison Summary
Snowball Ice is a really popular item on Amazon right now.
Blue Snowball Ice is less expensive.
Both Blue Snowball and Blue Snowball Ice are the same products with just minor differences in appearance.
Blue Snowball is an older version that was introduced in 2005, whilst Blue SnowBall Ice is the most recent one that was introduced in 2015.
Both are compatible with streaming and podcasting on both the PC and Mac computer systems.
Condenser capsules are included in the Snowball Ice, whereas the Blue Snowball has two.
Bit Depth/Sample Rate
Blue VO!CE Effects
4.88 x 7.88 x 10 inches
10.6 x 5.5 x 9.1 inches
Item model number
1 Lithium ion batteries required.
1 Lithium ion batteries required.
Is it okay if I hurl the snowball mic at people when winter arrives? When it melts, how quickly does it do so?
Will the Snowball pick up the sound from the fan, which I generally have going behind me?
Is it necessary for me to talk directly into this mic? Will it operate from a distance of 3 feet?
Is it better to have the iCE or the standard Snowball for singing videos?
On my computer, USB space is limited. Is there one of them that does not require a USB connection? That is, it connects to a standard microphone jack?
I hope this isn't a silly question, but am I supposed to hear my voice through a conventional microphone or not?
About this item – Blue Snowball USB Microphone with Two Versatile Pickup Patterns and Stylish, Retro Design for Recording, Streaming & Podcasting on PC & Mac – Gloss Black
- Legendary Blue Broadcast Sound – Two-capsule design gives your voice exceptional presence and detail for professional-level recording and streaming
- Multiple Pickup Patterns – The cardioid pattern is perfect for recording and streaming, while omni puts you “in the room” for conference calls
- Stylish, Retro Design – Record or stream in style with a classic design that looks great on your desktop and on camera. Available in three bold colors
- #1 Premium USB Microphone Brand – Based on independent sales data (April ’19 – March ’20) of PC Microphones in both units and dollars in the US and Canada
- -10 dB Pad – Keeps Snowball sounding clean and distortion-free on louder voices and instruments
- Adjustable Desktop Stand – Allows you to position the microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality
- Blue Sherpa Companion App – Fine-tune your sound with deep control of Snowball. Manage mic gain and more right from your desktop
- Plug ‘n Play on Mac and PC – Start recording quickly and easily with driver-free operation on Mac and PC
About this item – Blue Snowball iCE Plug ‘n Play USB Microphone for Recording, Streaming, Podcasting, Gaming on PC and Mac, with Cardioid Condenser Capsule, Adjustable Desktop Stand and USB Cable – Black
- Custom condenser capsule: Powered by Blue’s custom condenser capsule, Snowball iCE microphone delivers crystal-clear audio quality that’s light-years ahead of your built-in computer microphone
- Cardioid pickup pattern: Captures your voice with clear, focused sound for streaming, podcasting, broadcasting, Skype calls and Zoom meetings
- Stylish retro design: Record or stream in style with a classic recording equipment design that looks great on your desktop and on camera
- Adjustable desktop stand: Allows you to position the condenser microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality and saving space on your desktop for the optimal broadcast setup
- Skype and Discord certified: Whether conducting interviews over Skype, streaming live gameplay on Twitch, or communicating across the globe, you’ll be heard loud and clear on leading VOIP platforms