Bose 301 vs 201: What is the greatest Bose speaker system? Bose 301 vs. Bose 201: When it comes to speaker systems, the Bose 301 and 201 are both fantastic alternatives, but which one is the best? This Bose 301 vs 201 comparison study is intended to help you choose which product is the better choice for you.
Bose 301 vs 201 – Quick Comparison Summary
In comparison to the Bose 201, the Bose 301 is more popular on Amazon.com.
The Bose 201 is less expensive.
A receiver or an amplifier is required to power the Bose 201V and 301-V speakers, which are sold separately.
The speakers cannot be driven by televisions because the TVs do not have sufficient power. 201V speakers are capable of handling 10–120 W per channel at 8 ohms, which means that any receiver with output in that range will be compatible.
When it comes to lengthy excursions, the Bose 301 Woofer has an 8 whereas the Bose 201 Woofer has a 6.5.
These speakers are compatible with amplifiers that produce 10–120 W per channel and have an impedance of 4–8 ohms. Both the 301 and the 201 are recommended for home theatre use and have the same impedance of 4-8 ohms.
The weight of the Bose 301 is 22 pounds, whereas the weight of the Bose 201 is 22.4 pounds.
23.8 x 13.3 x 18 inches
8.62 x 13.75 x 8 inches
4.7 out of 5 stars
4.7 out of 5 stars
Date First Available
November 22, 2004
November 22, 2004
Is this a product created in the United States?
I'm not sure what I'll need to connect these speakers to. Will a receiver suffice, and can I connect my computer to it?
What is the frequency response's range?
Is there a stand included?
Is it possible to connect this straight to my television?
Are they compatible with the acoustimass 10 5.1 system? The 201s provide amazing surrounds, therefore I'd want to make it a 7.1.
Is this a speaker with an 8-ohm impedance?
Can I use them outside on a covered patio? I reside in the Phoenix, Arizona region, so humidity isn't an issue...
Can I connect these to a new AV receiver and watch TV with the sound coming from these speakers?
Amazon.com Description: Bose 301 vs 201
About this item – Bose 301-V Stereo Loudspeakers (Pair, Black)
- The Bose 301 Series V provides crisp, expansive sound for your music and movies.
- They perform admirably as front left and right speakers in a home theatre (best paired with BOSE VCS 10 Center Channel and BOSE 161 Surround Speakers).
- Your music and movies will sound clean and expansive thanks to the Bose 301 Series V Direct/Reflecting bookshelf stereo speakers. These adaptable bookshelf speakers are tiny enough to fit on a shelf or in an entertainment center while delivering much of the power of a live performance thanks to innovative Bose technology.
- Music enters your ears and emotions via a mix of direct and reflected sound in a live performance.
- Direct/reflecting speaker technology is used to make this combination sound like it does in a music hall or theater.
- Drivers are protected from being overdriven by automatic protection circuitry, which increases dependability while reducing disturbance to the listening experience.
- The Bose 301 stereo speakers feature “Stereo Everywhere” speaker performance, unlike traditional speakers that center stereo effects in a noticeable sweet spot. Bose’s best bookshelf speakers have unique technologies that let you and your friends and family enjoy balanced stereo sound from almost anywhere in the room.
- It works with 10 to 150-watt sources and receivers ranging from 4 to 8 ohms. The grill is detachable. The 8-inch long-excursion woofer makes clear, powerful bass sounds that are evenly spread across the room.
- The horizontal form makes it easy to store on bookshelves. A speaker lens with spatial dispersion produces a smoother high-frequency spatial response and a broader sound spread.
- high-impact bass-reflex design. Each speaker is 9.75 x 14.25 x 9.75 inches in height, width, and depth.
About this item – Bose 201 Direct/Reflecting speaker system – Black
- 6.5-inch high-excursion woofer”) creates a space with clear, rich bass frequencies and a well-balanced sound.
- When you pair this product with a center channel speaker and any direct-reflecting speaker system, you’ll get a cinema-like quality and a seamless home theater design.
Direct/Reflecting speakers use both reflected and direct sound to make a live event sound like it’s bigger than it is.
- A speaker lens with spatial dispersion produces a smoother high-frequency spatial response and a broader sound spread.
- With a BOSE VCS-10 center channel and BOSE 161 surrounds, they’re ideal as front or rear home theater speakers. 201s, or a second set of 201s
- A long excursion 6-1/2 woofer and a very sensitive 2 stereo targeting tweeter are included in each 201 speaker, which has been computer tested to provide one of the finest levels of quality and durability in the audio industry.
- Stereo Targeting Tweeters employ 2.5-inch, precisely oriented tweeters with “unique drivers to offer balanced stereo sound across the listening area, giving you a sense of genuine spaciousness.
- Proprietary Stereo Everywhere technology blends direct and reflected sound to make the sound sound rich and immersive.
- For clear bass, a unique port shape is used.
- Because of its small size and horizontal orientation, it is ideal for a variety of applications.
- Stereo Everywhere speakers provide balanced stereo sound over a large area. These speakers, which use patented Bose technology, make sure that the sound is evenly spread across the listening area. This is different from traditional speakers, which only send sound in one direction.
- Special Delivery Instructions: It is not possible to return this item to Amazon.com. Please see our Product Specific Returns Policy Page for more details on this policy.
- Head covers are made of premium materials with a flannel inside and plush, all-weather grips.