Breville Barista Touch vs Express : What’s the difference between the Breville Barista Touch and the Express? These are two amazing espresso machines with a tonne of features, but which one is the best?
What is the best espresso machine on the market today? We’ll see which model is superior in our Breville Barista Touch vs Express comparison review.
Breville Barista Touch vs Express – Quick Comparison Summary
. Breville Barista Touch offers 5 pre-programmed cafe favourites and much more, however Barista Express does not have these options.
. Barista Touch is more expensive than Barista Express, which is less expensive.
. The Barista Touch provides the option of a precise milk temperature, which is automatically set, as well as a three-second heat up time, but the Express does not.
. The capacity of the Barista Touch is 2 liters, while the capacity of the Barista Express is 1.8 liters.
. Both are stainless steel in color, however the Breville Barista Express has a dial interface while the Barista Touch has a touchscreen interface.
. The Barista Series has a one-year limited warranty, while the Barista Touch has a two-year limited warranty.
. An Impressive 1680 Watts of Breville Touch Power! In comparison, Breville Express Power consumes 1600 Watts. Both are 120 volts.
Breville Barista Touch vs Express Differences And Specifications
Breville Barista Touch
Breville Barista Express
Swipe & Select Touch Screen
Analog Gauge Button Control
Cafe Quality Microfoam
Precise Milk Temperature, Automatically
Limited 2-Year Warranty
Yes ( 5 Cafe FAvorites Programes )
Breville BES880BSS Barista Touch Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel FAQ...
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel FAQ...
Question: Is this a good alternative to the Bes870xl barista express? or is this a new machine of a higher level? Answer: This is a brand-new higher-level machine. The touch screen leads you through the processes of preparing coffee, and the steam wand has been upgraded to match the Oracle touch. The heating mechanism has also been modified, and the water now boils up in three seconds.
Question: Is there a dual boiler on this machine?
Answer:No. This was just purchased to replace an 870xl that our daughter had stolen for her new apartment. It’s good, but I believe I like the 870’s flexibility.
Question: Is there anyone else using the machine who can comment on the temperature of the brew you get? Without coffee in the portafilter, I’m getting 150 to 160 degrees F.
Answer : You’ll need to take a pressure temperature reading. If you use the dual wall filters to measure the temperatures, you’ll notice that they may easily reach over 200 degrees if the brew temperatures are set higher.
Question:Where can I get the cleaning supplies for this machine?
Answer:While cleansing pills are available on Amazon, vinegar should not be used in these machines. In the long run, vinegar can deteriorate internals, particularly those composed of silicone or rubber. Descaling solution or descaling powder booklets are included with newer models. These items are also available on Amazon.
Question:This will primarily be used for long black/americanos. Are there any pointers or drawbacks to getting the most brewed liquid? A large, hearty mug of coffee is one of my favourite things.
Answer : The BES870XL Barista Express has a separate hot water dispenser for tea, Americano, and part preheating. There is a limit to the total flow of hot water through the espresso group head in terms of the configurable programming to the 1 shot and 2 shot buttons, which default to around 1 ounce and 2 ounce accordingly. This restriction exists to maintain optimal espresso temperature; a maximum of 5-6 ounces can be preset or extracted in a single draw. A real Americano consists of a double shot of espresso with hot water poured to the proper volume/ratio (instead of a very large shot, which would have negative effects on the taste).
Question: Is there anything more I need to buy except coffee beans to get the most out of this machine? “Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher,” for example.
Answer: This machine has been fantastic. It’s what I use in my Mexican café. It runs continuously throughout the day and produces a large amount of coffee. I did invest in a stainless steel frothing machine so that I could prepare certain espressos. I have a few extras of all the exercises. They are substantially less expensive in the United States. I also have a themostat to monitor the temperature of the milk.
Question: Apart from espresso, what other drinks can it make?
Answer: Is it true that you’re serious? It’s a coffee machine. It is used to manufacture expresso. It’s entirely up to you if you want to utilise the expresso to prepare “drinks.”
Question:Is it a single voltage or an auto voltage?
Answer: All Breville® products marketed in the United States, including the BES870BSXL Barista Express, are intended to run on a typical 120V, 60Hz dedicated home circuit. If you have any more questions, please contact our Consumer Support team at 1-866-273-8455 (M-F 8am-5pm PST) or submit your inquiry online at www.brevilleusasupport.com and we will get back to you.
About this item
1. The Breville Barista Touch uses the 4 keys formula to make third-wave speciality coffee at home, and it’s part of the Barista Series, which includes all-in-one espresso machines with integrated grinders that can go from beans to espresso in under one minute.
2. Dosage CONTROL GRINDING: The inbuilt precision conical burr grinder with dose control offers the right quantity of coffee on demand, for maximum taste, with just a single touch.
3. OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: A low-pressure pre-infusion gradually raises pressure at the start, ensuring that all tastes are extracted equally for a balanced tasting cup.
4. TIME TO HEAT UP FASTER: In under 3 seconds, the ThermoJet heating system delivers the optimal extraction temperature.
5. PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) ensures perfect espresso extraction by delivering water at precisely the appropriate temperature.
6. AUTOMATIC MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: With the auto steam wand, you may customise the temperature and texture of your milk to your preferences. Providing barista-quality microfoam that improves the coffee’s flavour and is necessary for making latte art at home.
7. TOUCH SCREEN: Using the touch screen display, you can brew your favourite café coffee in three simple steps: Grind, Brew, and Milk; Tailor the strength of the coffee, the texture of the milk, and the temperature to your preferences. Create and store up to 8 coffees that are uniquely yours.
8. 54mm Full Stainless Steel Portafilter, Single and Double Wall Filter Baskets, 480ml Stainless Steel Jug, ClaroSwiss Water Filter, Razor Precision Dose Trimming Tool, Cleaning Kit, and Water Hardness Test Strip INCLUDED ACCESSORIES 1 by 2 lb Bean Hopper; 67 oz Water Tank; Touch Screen Operation; 5 Pre-Programmed Cafe Favorites; Create, store, and name 8 configurable settings; Adjustable Grind Control;
9. Programmable Milk Temperature & Texture; 1 by 2 Shots; Hot Water
PRODUCT WARRANTY: 2 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY; Voltage: 110 to 120 Volts; Power: 1680 Watts
About this item
1. The Breville Barista Express is part of the Barista Series, which includes all-in-one espresso machines with integrated grinders that can go from beans to espresso in under one minute.
2. GRINDING FOR DOSE CONTROL: With any roast of bean, the integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to provide the perfect quantity of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter.
3. WATER PRESSURE IN PERFECT CONDITIONS: Low-pressure pre-infusion progressively builds pressure at the start of the extraction, ensuring that all flavours are extracted equally for a balanced tasting cup.
PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) ensures perfect espresso extraction by delivering water at precisely the appropriate temperature.
4. MANUAL TEXTURING MICROFOAM MILK: The strong steam wand performance allows you to texture microfoam milk by hand, which increases flavour and allows you to create latte art.
5.ESPRESSO MACHINE WITH DIAL FOR GRIND SIZE: Simple and intuitive, no matter what sort of bean you’re grinding, you’ll have complete control over the grind size.
6. BUILT-IN COFFEE GRINDER IN ESPRESSO MAKER: Any home barista can grind straight into the espresso portafilter for the ideal espresso with this innovative grinding cradle.
7. ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Razor Dose Trimming Tool, 54mm Stainless Steel Portafilter, 1 & 2 cup Single & Dual Wall Filter Baskets, Coffee Scoop, Integrated Tamper, Stainless Steel Milk Jug, Cleaning Disc, Tablets, Brush Tool & Allen Key, Water Filter & Filter Holder, Water Filter & Filter Holder
1 by 2 lb Bean Hopper; 67 oz Water Tank; Single or double shots; Adjustable grind quantity and Manual override
PRODUCT WARRANTY: 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY; Voltage: 120 volts; power: 1600 watts