Canon Pixma ip8720 vs ix6820: The Canon Pixma ip8720 vs ix6820 are two of the best wireless printers on the market, but which one is better?
What’s the finest wireless printer on the market right now? In this Canon Pixma ip8720 vs ix6820 comparison review, we are trying to figure out which one is the best..
Canon Pixma ip8720 vs ix6820 – Quick Comparison Summary
- Pixma IP8720 is less expensive than Canon Pixma IX6820, and the Pixma iX6820 is also more popular on Amazon than Pixma IP8720.
- Both the Canon Pixma ip8720 and the Canon Pixma iX6820 are ideal for usage at home or in the office.
- Both printers are capable of printing in full color. The paper capacity is the same at 150 sheets.
- Canon Pixma iX6820 features a five-ink tank system, whilst Canon ip8720 has a six-ink system.
- The maximum print speed of the Canon iX6820 is 14.5 pages per minute.
- Both printers are compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Canon Pixma ip8720
Canon Pixma ix6820
Mobile Device Printing
Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, PictBridge, USB
Minimum System Requirements
PC: Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit), Vista with Service Pack 1 or 2, 7, 7 with Service Pack 1, 8 or 8.1, Mac: OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9, Internet connection required for software installation
PC: Windows XP (32-bit, SP3), Vista (SP1, SP2), 7, 7 (SP1), 8 or 8.1; Mac: OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9
Recommended Uses For
ink tank system
Manufacturer’s Warranty – Parts
1 year limited
1 year limited
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
Smartphones, PC, Laptops
is it able to scan and copy?
Is the PIXMA i8720 capable of handling card stock? My current printer kills card stock, and I operate a very modest greetings card business.
Where do you put the 11x17 paper to be fed? Is it possible to put it in the tray beneath or does it have to go on top? And, if it's on top, how many sheets does it hold so I'm not stuck babysitting a print job all day?
Are greeting cards available for printing?
Does it work well with cardstock? Is there a way to make the paper more thicker?
Will the ink "dry out" or the heads clog if only used a handful of times a year if I use this printer infrequently?
Is there a back document feed?
What is the largest photo you can print, and can you scan and duplicate it?
Is there any ink included? It states it comes with setup ink tanks in the "what's in the package," but it doesn't mean anything to me.
I understand that this is a wireless printer, but is it possible to connect it in and use it as a wired printer?
About this item – Canon IP8720 Wireless Printer, AirPrint and Cloud Compatible, Black, 6.3″ x 23.3″ x 13.1″
- Don’t get stuck in an 8 inches x 10 inches world; Print your favorite photos up to 13 inches x 19 inches
- With a 6 color ink system including gray ink and 9600 x 2400 maximum color dots per inch, the results are incredible quality and amazing detail in your black & white and color photos. Noise level: Approx. 43.5 dB(A)
- Print wireless from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house; Ink droplet size: 1, 2 and 5
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description section
- Ink compatibility : PGI 250 Pigment Black XL, CLI 251 Cyan XL, CLI 251 Magenta XL, CLI 251 Yellow XL, CLI 251 Gray XL, CLI 251 Black XL , PGI 250 Pigment Black, CLI 251 Cyan, CLI 251 Magenta, CLI 251 Yellow, CLI 251 Gray, CLI 251 Black
About this item – Canon Pixma iX6820 Wireless Business Printer with AirPrint and Cloud Compatible, Black, 23.0” (W) x 12.3” (D) x 6.3” (H)
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 , Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32 bit13; Mac compatibility: Mac OS X v10.6.8 v10.913
- Utilizes Air Print, Google Cloud Print and Pixma Printing Solutions (PPS)
- Fine print head technology (Full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering)
- High performance 5 individual ink tank system. Auto sheet feeder 150 sheets
- 9600 x 2400 dots per inch maximum print resolution; Print resolution (up to): Black: 600 x 600 dots per inch, number of nozzles: Color: 4,096, black: 1,024, total: 5,120