Cooler Master Hyper 212 vs Noctua NH U12S: When it comes to CPU air coolers, choosing between the Cooler Master Hyper 212 and Noctua NH U12S is challenging. Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? This comparison evaluation between the Cooler Master Hyper 212 and the Noctua NH U12S is meant to aid you in determining which product is the better option for you.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 vs Noctua NH U12S– Quick Comparison Summary
- While the Noctua NH-U12S weighs 1.57 pounds, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 weighs 2.33 pounds.
The Cooler Master Hyper 212 has a noise level of 30 decibels, while the Noctua NH-U12S has a noise level of 25.1 decibels.
Cooler Master Hyper 212 dimensions are 11.22 x 13.19 x 20.28 inches, whereas Noctua NH-U12S dimensions are 6.22 x 4.92 x 1.77 inches.
Compared to the Noctua NH-U12S, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 is a far more popular CPU air cooler on Amazon.
The warranty on the Cooler Master Hyper 212 is valid for two years, while the warranty on the Noctua NH-U12S is valid for six years.
In comparison, the Noctua NH U12S has an air flow capacity of 93.4 cubic feet per minute, while the Cooler Master Hyper 212 only has a capacity of 57.3 cubic feet per minute.
Both the Noctua NH-U12S and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 have several amazing features in common, such as an RGB LED controller, air cooling, and more.
The material used in the Cooler Master Hyper 212 is aluminum, whereas the material used in the Noctua NH-U12S is aluminum and nickel-plated copper.
The Noctua NH-U12S has a maximum rotational speed of 1700 RPM, while the Cooler Master Hyper 212 has a speed range of 650 to 2000 RPM.
Noctua’s NH-U12S is less expensive than Cooler Master’s Hyper 212, which is more expensive.
Cooler Master Hyper 212
Noctua NH U12S
Nickel plated Copper (base and heat-pipes), aluminium (cooling fins)
650 to 2000 RPM
Air Flow Capacity
57.3 Cubic Feet Per Minute
93.4 Cubic Feet Per Minute
Date First Available
November 3, 2021
March 15, 2021
RGB LED Controller
RGB LED Controller
11.22 x 13.19 x 20.28 Inches
6.22 x 4.92 x 1.77 inches
Adding thermal compound?
This item will fit in a neo micro v2?
Does this work with a TR4 processor? If not, do you have a solution?
Does the product include thermal paste?
Does this post (noctua nh-u12s redux) contain lga1700 brackets? last posted question makes this unclear
Can it be installed on a Msi B450 Tomahawk motherboard without causing space issues?
Amazon.com Description: Cooler Master Hyper 212 vs Noctua NH U12S
About this item – Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB CPU Air Cooler, SF120R RGB Fan, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins, 4 Copper Direct Contact Heat Pipes for AMD Ryzen AM4/Intel LGA1700/1200/1151
- Air flow: 57.3 CFM; noise level: 30.0 decibels; technology provides effective and excellent heat dissipation.
- The SF120R RGB Fan is a hybrid design that combines the power of a jet engine with the precision of helicopter blades to provide a steady stream of cool air to your cooler.
- RGB Black Edition Hyper 212: Totally Blackout Once thought to be a thing of mythology, the Hyper Air cooler has returned, and it’s better than ever. One of the greatest air cooling solutions is the Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition, which features simplified installation and excellent performance.
- The Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition looks sleek and expensive thanks to its aluminium top cover and nickel-plated jet-black fins. Sleek and jet black, it looks beautiful and works much better at cooling because of the increased surface area of the black colour.
- The anodized gun-metal black and brushed aluminium surface treatment on the top cover give this device a very modern and sophisticated appearance.
- You don’t need any tools to put the mounting brackets that come with the card on any motherboard with an Intel or AMD socket.
Black nickel: The jet black nickel plating improves radiation cooling efficiency.
- Technology based on physical contact: four heat pipes that communicate directly with one another.
- Nickel-Plated Copper Substrate Four Direct Contact Heat Pipes offer maximum coverage and uniform heat dissipation via a nickel-plated copper sub-base.
- Vehicle Clearance Cases with 160 mm of clearance are recommended for air-cooling systems with a high degree of compatibility.
- Accurate AirflowAn arrangement of stacked fins creates the least amount of resistance to airflow, allowing cooler air to enter the heat sink.
- Once thought to be a thing of mythology, the Hyper Air cooler has returned, and it’s better than ever. One of the greatest air cooling solutions is the Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition, which features simplified installation and excellent performance. The Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition has a high-end look thanks to its aluminium top cover and nickel-plated jet-black fins. The matte jet-black finish not only looks beautiful but also improves thermal conductivity.
- The wired RGB LED controller has a variety of buttons that can be pressed to select different colours and effects.
About this item – Noctua NH-U12S Redux, High Performance CPU Cooler with NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm Fan (Grey)
- Optional dual-fan kit With the optional NA-FK1 fan kit, the NH-U12S redux can be upgraded with a second fan for even better performance. A second NF-P12 Redux-1700 PWM fan, fan clips, anti-vibration pads, a Y-cable, and Low-Noise Adaptors are included.
- This gives you a lot of ways to tweak the cooler to make it run more efficiently or quietly.
The smart choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, and i3 (e.g., 13900, 13700, and 13600) and AMD Ryzen (e.g., 7950X3D, 7900X3D, 7800X3D, and 7700) processors is that it has the well-known Noctua quality at an affordable price.
- PWM-proven NF-P12 fan The classic NF-P12 has been a favourite of quiet cooling fans for a long time. It was made for applications that require a lot of pressure, like heatsinks. The higher-speed 1700 rpm redux line version has PWM for automatic speed control. This lets it run almost silently most of the time and provide massive performance when needed.
- High-quality NT-H1 thermal paste and the SecuFirm2 mounting system are already on the cooler, which makes it easy to instal on Intel LGA1700, LGA1200, LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA2011, LGA2066, and AMD AM4 and AM5.
- The award-winning NH-U12S heatsink has been streamlined and made more affordable for the Redux line.
- Slim 120mm size for great case, RAM, and PCIe compatibility: fits most tower cases (158mm height), doesn’t hang over the RAM slots, and doesn’t block the PCIe on most ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards.
Quiet NF-P12 redux-1700 120mm fan with PWM for automatic speed control: full cooling performance when under load, almost no noise when not.
- In the spirit of Noctua’s redux line, the NH-U12S redux is a slimmed-down, more affordable version of the famous NH-U12S, which has become a standard for 120mm CPU coolers that are both thin and compatible with a wide range of hardware.
- The redux version uses the same tried-and-true layout for the heatsink, which makes it 100% compatible with tall RAM modules and excellently compatible with both the case and PCIe. Because it has the popular NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM fan with automatic speed control, it works well when it’s under load and is very quiet when it’s not.
- At the same time, Noctua’s professional SecuFirm2 mounting system and the pre-applied NT-H1 thermal compound make installation a breeze. The NH-U12S redux is a smart and affordable choice for a quiet, high-quality 120mm cooler. It has the quality that Noctua is known for.