De’longhi ECP3220 vs 3420: These two incredible espresso machines provide an abundance of incredible features, but which one is the best? In this De’longhi ECP3220 vs 3420 comparison review, we’ll determine which is the superior model.
De’longhi ECP3220 vs 3420 – Quick Comparison Summary
- On Amazon, De’longhi Ecp3220 is less popular than De’longhi Ecp 3420.
The water capacity of both Ecp3220 and ECP3420 is 2.3 pounds.
- The De’Longhi Ecp3420 weighs 9 lbs, but the De’Longhi Ecp3220 weighs just 4.1 lbs.
- Both the ECP3420 and ECP3220 have a maximum cup height of “5”, as well as a 15 bar professional pressure and an 1100 Watt input power.
- Ecp3220 has an Auto Shut-off option, however, Ecp3420 does not.
- Both have the option of one-shot And two 1&2 Cup Filters.
Black, White, Red
9.62 x 7.25 x 11.87 inches
9.6 x 7.25 x 11.9 inches
Date First Available
August 27, 2018
May 27, 2015
Removable water tank
Water level indicator
Is this made with ground coffee or coffee pods?
Answer: Both; they're made for ground coffee or espresso pods, respectively. Espresso machine that is quite great.
Where did this come from?
Hello, this item is manufactured in China. Thank you very much.
Is the espresso hot?
Answer: The espresso is hot, however steaming the milk takes a little longer if you want a latte. Having said that, I've been using mine virtually every day since I bought it. So far, there have been no issues, and it paid for itself in the first week, based on what I would have paid at the café. Although lavazza works great directly out of the can or bag, I've had the best results with espresso roast ground one notch bigger than espresso grind. I hope this information is useful.
Is the water tank made of BPA-free plastic?
Only the plastic pieces that do not come into touch with water or coffee contain BPA.
Is there a tamper included with this machine?
Answer: Hello, this item comes with a plastic tamper. Thank you very much.
What tamper size is required for this machine?
Answer: A 51mm tamper, such as the "Omgogo Coffee Tamper 51mm Barista Espresso" available on Amazon, is required for the Delonghi espresso machine. It features a black metal handle that matches the machine. That's what I received, and I'm really happy with it. (Please note that I am not a compensated reviewer.)
What is the highest cup that will fit?
Answer: apx max: 3.25 in with drip base added / 4.5 in (easily) without drip base
Are there any significant changes between this model, the ecp3420, and the $80 more expensive ecp3630?
Answer: I think the 3220, 3420, and 3630 are virtually the same machine - with the exception of a retailer sku variation 3220 / 3420 and a finish variation 3630 - but you should double-check with De'Longhi to be sure. We purchased the 3220 locally and are finding it to be a really wonderful machine.
When using 1 scoop of coffee grinds, how much coffee in oz is typical?
Answer: It is a matter of personal preference. More water equals a lighter brew, whereas less water implies a richer brew. The way I like it, a double espresso produced with this machine is about one or one and a half ounces. Experiment!
I understand that this is a wireless printer, but is it possible to connect it in and use it as a wired printer?
Answer: I keep mine plugged in at all times. After you've set it up, you may use it wirelessly.
About this item – De’Longhi ECP3220W 15 Bar Espresso Machine with Advanced Cappuccino System White
- Every cup to your liking: 15 bar professional pressure assures quality results every time, and adjustable controls allow you to make modifications for your personal taste preferences
- Brew like a Pro: whatever your preference ? single or double Espresso, cappuccino or latte ? the machine brews authentic barista quality beverages just like you enjoy at your favorite coffeehouse
- Your foam, your way: a manual frothier mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks ? just the way you like them
- One Espresso shot or two: the three in one filter holder, included with the unit, has a holder for one Espresso shot, a holder for two shots, and one for an easy serve Espresso Pod ? whatever your preference
- No waiting between cups: the advanced cappuccino system maintains the optimal temperature so you can brew cup after cup instantly
- Accommodates taller cups: if you’d prefer a larger size Beverage, no problem. The bottom tray of the unit is easy to adjust or remove to fit taller cups
- Sleek space-saving design: with a sleek profile, compact design and narrow footprint, each model Fits beautifully on a kitchen countertop ? without taking up too much space
- Convenient water tank: the water tank is simple to remove, refill and reattach, and the water level is easily visible to eliminate the guesswork
- Easy to clean: removable water tank and drip tray make for easy cleanup, and the parts are dishwasher safe
- Body material: Plastic
About this item – De’Longhi ECP3420 Bar Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine, 15″, Black
- 15 bar professional pressure assures quality results every time. Input power 1100 watts
- Second tier drip tray to accommodate larger cups. Convenient filter storage: The machine has convenient storage for your filters
- Removable 37 ounce water tank. Maximum cup height -3.5 – 5 inches. Always use 2% milk at refrigerator temperature
- Self-priming operation for minimum start up preparation. Stainless steel boiler system
- Kindly review the user manual under product details for set up and usage related guidance and instructional video. The machine is equipped with double wall filters for high quality crema every time