DeWalt DW317K vs DW331K: When it comes to DEWALT Jig Saw Top Handle, choose between the DeWalt DW317K and DeWalt DW331K. Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? This comparative review of the DeWalt DW317K vs. DeWalt DW331K products is meant to assist you in determining which one is the better option for you.
DeWalt DW317K vs DW331K – Quick Comparison Summary
- DeWalt’s DW317K and DW331K both have some amazing features in common, such as keyless blade clamping, four-position orbital action, and much more.
- DeWalt DW317K is less expensive than DeWalt DW331K, which is more expensive.
- Jigsaw DeWalt DW317K Variable Speed gives 500–3,100 strokes per minute, whereas DeWalt DW317K Variable Speed delivers 0–3,100 strokes per minute for optimal cutting speed.
- While the DeWalt DW331K has a 6.5-amp motor, the DW317K has a 5.5-amp motor.
- While the DeWalt DW331K weighs 6.4 pounds, the DeWalt DW317K weighs 6.2 pounds.
- The dimensions of the DeWalt DW317K are 13.4 x 14.5 x 4.6 inches, whereas the dimensions of the DW331K are 13.50 x 14.50 x 4.50 inches.
- A dust blower is included with the DeWalt DW331K, although it is not available with the DW317K.
- The DeWalt DW331K includes a kit box; however, the DeWalt DW317K does not have a kit box.
- DeWalt DW317K includes a contractor bag; however, DeWalt DW331K does not.
- When deciding between the DeWalt DW317K and DeWalt DW331K jigsaw machines, keep in mind that both models are incredibly popular.
4-Position Orbital Action
Keyless Blade Clamp
13.4 x 14.5 x 4.6 inches
13.50 x 14.50 x 4.50 inches
Is there a T blade included, and how many are there?
How do the DW317K and the DW317 Vs Orbital Jig Saw differ?
This saw uses what kind of blade shanks?
Is it possible to reverse this saw and use it with a tiny table like a router? If so, are the shoe's holes pre-drilled?
Is it possible to alter it for bevel cuts?
What is the maximum cut depth in wood? What are the included accessories for this jigsaw?
Amazon.com Description: DeWalt DW317K vs DW331K
About this item – DEWALT Jig Saw, Top Handle, 5.5-Amp, Corded (DW317K)
- The DEWALT DW317K small jigsaw kit gives you an easy-to-control saw that’s perfect for delicate work and curved cuts that demand extreme accuracy.
- Jigsaw blade changes are quick and straightforward with this keyless, lever-action blade clamp.
- The orbital action in four positions allows for faster, more forceful cuts. Change blades quickly and easily with a keyless blade clamp and bevel detents at 0 and 45 degrees for perfect beveling.
- The DW317K Jig Saw includes a 5.5-amp variable speed motor that can generate up to 3,100 strokes per minute.
- The jig saw’s 5.5-amp motor delivers strong cuts in even the toughest materials.
Cut quality and speed are controlled by a 4-position orbital action.
- On a professional site, an all-metal gear housing gives improved durability.
For optimal cutting speed, variable speed gives 0–3,100 strokes per minute.
- A keyless blade clamp enables rapid blade changes without contacting the blade or the reciprocating shaft.
- For beveled cuts, shoe bevels range from 0 to 45 degrees.
About this item – DEWALT Jig Saw, Top Handle, 6.5-Amp, Corded (DW331K)
- The DW331K Jig Saw Kit comes with a strong 6.5 amp motor that can cut through even the toughest materials.
- Cut quality and speed are controlled by a 4-position orbital action.
- In a professional shop setting, the all-metal gear box and keyless blade lever increase tool longevity.
- The jig saw’s variable speed provides 500 to 3,100 strokes per minute for appropriate cutting speed in a range of applications.
- This saw can handle a wide range of applications with speeds ranging from 500 to 3,100 strokes per minute and 4-position orbital action for quicker, more forceful cuts.
blade clamp with keyless lever action for quick and easy blade changes.
- When used for a long time, the extra-large rubber grip dampens vibrations and provides comfort.
- Positive bevel detents assure precision at the most frequent angles of 0 degree, 15 degree, 30 degree, and 45 degree.
- The jigsaw tool’s powerful 6.5-amp motor provides the cutting power required for the toughest materials.