Dewalt DWE6421K vs DWE6423K: What’s the difference between the Dewalt DWE6421K and Dewalt DWE6423K when it comes to Power Random Orbit Sanders? The Dewalt DWE6421K vs. Dewalt DWE6423K comparison review is a quest to discover which is the best power random orbit sander.
Dewalt DWE6421K vs DWE6423K – Quick Comparison Summary
- The dimensions of the Dewalt DWE6421K are 10.38 x 7.25 x 6.18 inches, and those of the Dewalt DWE6423K are 10.38 x 7.25 x 6.2 inches.
- Compared to the Dewalt DWE6423K, the Dewalt DWE6421K is a much more popular power random-orbit sander on Amazon.
- Dewalt DWE6421K is less expensive than Dewalt WE6423K, which is more expensive.
- Both the Dewalt DWE6421K and the Dewalt DWE6423K have some amazing features in common, like the carrying bag, dust bag, dust port, dust-sealed switch, independent counterweight design, 3-year warranty, and the ability to join the dust port to other vacuum systems using 1-1/4-inch hoses.
- The weight differences between the Dewalt DWE6421K and DWE6423K are 2.9 and 3.8 pounds, respectively.
- The orbital sander that comes with the Dewalt DWE6423K has a motor that draws 3.0 amps and spins the pad at 12,000 OPM, while the orbital sander that comes with the Dewalt DWE6423K draws 3.0 amps and spins the pad at 8,000–12,000 OPM.
3.0 Amp Motor
3.0 Amp Motor
Dust Port, Separate Counterweight Design
10.38 x 7.25 x 6.18 inches
10.38 x 7.25 x 6.2 inches
Is it manufactured in the United States?
Will this sander perform well on curved surfaces? This is utilized for metal that is not in a confined space, such as inside/outside of barrels.
I need to get the stain off of my wooden french doors. Will this suffice?
Has anyone experienced their new sander making a metal ringing noise when initially using it? The cooling fan is rubbing on something.
Is this connected to a vacuum or dust collector? I'm reading conflicting perspectives in the reviews.
The pad has how many screw holes?
Amazon.com Description: Dewalt DWE6421K vs DWE6423K
About this item – DEWALT Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch (DWE6421K)
- Rubber overmolding in all of the sander’s essential regions the orbital sander’s 3.0-amp motor rotates the pad at 12,000 OPM.
The hand sander’s lower height allows the operator to get closer to the work piece.
- The 3-amp motor of the DWE6421K 5-inch Single Speed Random Orbital Sander Kit with Hook and Loop Pad provides 12,000 OPM. The independent counterbalance lowers vibration, and the rubber overmold grip makes sanding more pleasant.
- Improved dust-sealed switch for extended switch life by preventing dust ingestion.
The electric sander’s vibration is reduced by a separate counterweight design.
- Use the DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector to connect the dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses.
The dust port is made to accommodate the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors.
- Improved dust collection and a dust bag that locks with one hand
About this item – DEWALT Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch (DWE6423K)
- improved dust-sealed switch to reduce dust ingestion and increase switch life
A separate counterweight design lowers vibration for enhanced electric sander comfort.
- The dust port is meant to connect directly to the DWV010 or DWV012 dust collectors.
All critical parts of the sander have rubber overmolding.
- The orbital sander’s 3.0-amp motor rotates the pad at 8,000 to 12,000 OPM. The DWE6423 5″ Random Orbit Variable Speed Sander Kit with Hook & Loop Pad includes a 3 amp motor that offers 8,000 to 12,000 OPM. Together with the rubber overmold grip, the independent counterbalance makes sanding more comfortable.
- The shorter height of the hand sander allows the operator to get closer to the work piece.
improved dust collection and one-handed dust bag latching.
- To connect the dust port to other vacuum systems with 1-1/4-inch hoses, use the DWV9000 Universal Quick Connector.