Ecobee 5 vs 4: When comparing the Ecobee 5 with the Ecobee 4, it’s important to understand the differences between the two Smart Thermostats. It’s tough to choose between these two high-quality Smart Thermostats because they each have so many useful functions to offer. We’re looking to determine whether Ecobee 5 vs 4 Smart Thermostat is the better overall performance in terms of quality in this Ecobee 5 vs 4 comparative study.
Ecobee 5 vs 4 – Quick Comparison Summary
The Ecobee 5 is a huge hit on Amazon.
The Ecobee 4 is less expensive.
The Ecobee 5 is an improved version of the Ecobee4.
These devices, the Ecobee 5 and Ecobee 4, are both WiFi-enabled.
Ecobee5 features an Alexa Calling Option, but Ecobee4 does not have such a feature.
Bluetooth streaming is not available on the Ecobee4, but it is available on the Ecobee5.
Both are equipped with a temperature sensor and display a seven-day forecast.
Is it possible to turn off the microphone and Alexa?
Is there a way to switch the alexa on the thermostat "off" if you already have an echo (alexa) in the room? or do you want to switch off the microphone and stop listening?
I don't have a 'C' wire, so how tough is it to convert the Ecobee to work with the provided cable?
Is there a 4wire to 5wire converter included to "make" the C wire for thermostat power?
Is the bracket for mounting the thermostat required, or can you install it without it?
Is there a backup battery? I got rid of my Ecobee3 because it would go insane after a power outage and not come back.
Would you advise upgrading from ecobee 3 to ecobee 4? Why do you think that is?
About this item – Ecobee SmartThermostat with Voice Control , Black
- Save up to 26% annually on heating and cooling costs (compared to a hold of 72°F)
- Included SmartSensor extends comfort to your most important rooms
- Comes with Siri and Alexa Built-in for calls, music, and added control (Apple HomePod mini required to enable Siri)
- Automatically pauses your heating or cooling when a door or window is left open (requires ecobee SmartSensor for doors and windows and a Smart Security subscription)
- Integrates seamlessly with your preferred smart home system
About this item – Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat with Built-in Alexa, Room Sensor Included
- Room sensor manages hot or cold spots
- Detects room occupancy for optimal comfort
- Built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service
- Far-field voice recognition across the room
- Free ecobee Android and iOS mobile app