Ender 3 Max vs CR 10: It’s challenging to decide between the Ender 3 Max and CR 10 when it comes to 3D printers. Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? The goal of this Ender 3 Max vs. CR 10 comparison review is to assist you in determining which product is the better option for you.
Ender 3 Max vs CR 10– Quick Comparison Summary
- CR 10 print size is 300x300x400mm, while Ender 3’s maximum print size is 300x300x340mm.
- Ender 3 Max dimensions are 17.72 x 9.84 x 11.81 inches, whereas CR 10 dimensions are 12„D x 12“W x 15.5„H.
- Ender 3 has a maximum print speed of 30-60mm/s and a suggested print speed of 180mm/s, whereas CR 10 has an usual print speed of 60mm/s and a maximum print speed of 100mm/s.
- Compared to Ender 3 Max, CR 10 is less expensive.
- While CR 10 weighs 29.2 pounds, Ender 3 Max weighs 20.9 pounds.
- In comparison to the Ender 3 Max, the CR 10 is a hugely popular 3D printer on the market.
Ender 3 Max
Max Print speed
30-60mm/s And Recommended 180mm/s
Normal 60mm/s And Max 100mm/s
Max Print Size
Date First Available
November 6, 2020
December 17, 2018
17.72 x 9.84 x 11.81 inches
12″D x 12″W x 15.5″H
Did they fix the issue with the endstop so its adjustable?
As a result, I ended up utilizing an M4 8MM with a t-nut. Worked wonderfully and I was able to set the z endstop to be adjustable just like the conventional ender 3/pro. It's a design mistake, to be sure, but it's one that's easily remedied.
Is a Mac or a Windows PC required? Is it compatible with the iPad?
Answer: The printer can function with mac or windows computer. If you install a wifi box on the printer, it will also operate with an iPad and a mobile phone.
Is the ender 3 max shipped with the v4.2.7 mainboard version or later, or do I need to upgrade?
My board came with the 4.2.2 firmware. I received it in early January, so it is most likely still in transit. It is a silent board, and the fans will be your main source of concern in terms of noise. They aren't loud, but clearly detectable. But the dual cooling is a wonderful addition.
Does this print from a Chromebook? If so, how so?
I would urge you to look by Googling online for your question to see how individuals have addressed it using a Chromebook. You only need a micro SD card once you've figured out how to slice an STL file on your chromebook (which comes with the printer).
Does it come with filament?
Answer: Yes, it comes with a little spool of white PLA filament, approximately 0.5kg or so. It's more than enough to get you started, but you will go through it quite quickly so you'll need to acquire a couple of additional spools within a week or so after getting this printer up and running.
Can this printer use carbon fiber and nylon filaments?
If you acquire a hardened steel nozzle or comparable, carbon fiber pla, abs, and petg can be utilized with this. Not stainless steel. The term "electronic commerce" refers to the sale of electronic goods. When temperatures near 250 degrees Celsius, the internal hotend liner begins to fail and off gas. This printer is not rated above 260C so any material at or below it's capable of printing with a good settings.
Is this partially assembled?
Answer: The CR-10 Mini was partially constructed, as was my Ender 3. Because the Ender 3 required slightly more construction, the price varies slightly by model.
Enders are referring to the fact that a brand will also provide replacement parts. Are they compatible?
Yes, it is. Enders is a printer line manufactured by Creality. Which in turn, implies a lot of the parts are interchangeable with other Creality printers
Amazon.com Description: Ender 3 Max vs CR 10
About this item – Official Creality Ender 3 Max FDM 3D Printer with Meanwell Power Supply Silent Mainboard Carborundum Glass Platform, Large Print Size 300 x 300 x 340mm
- Design of an integrated structure The Ender 3 Max 3D printer has a solid integrated machine construction that is both functional and beautiful thanks to its alumina frame and H-shaped metal base. 300x300x340mm is the print size.
- An axial cooling fan continuously aids in the dispersion of heat from the hotend. The extruded filament cools down quickly because of the two blower fans. always produce excellent outcomes.
- All-Metal Extruder: The Bowden extruder is capable of feeding filament quickly.
- Ender 3 Max has space set aside for a BL Touch bed-leveling probe, which you are welcome to install if you like. NOTE: The BL Touch is not part of the package. If you need to use an upgrade for BL Touch, flash the firmware first.
- Meanwell Power Supply: The strong 350W power supply has a voltage range of 100V to 240V that may be modified. Both safe and effective at heating up.
- Carborundum Glass Platform: Thanks to its exceptional heat resistance and smooth surface, the Carborundum Glass Platform makes it simpler for users to remove prints and helps prints attach more effectively. There are no wrappings or scratches.
- Unmuted Mainboard: The TMC2208 chip driver is a German import for the Ender 3 Max. It works well to lessen motor tremor and noise, providing you with a quiet and comfortable working environment.
- The robust hotend kit for the Ender 3 Max boasts a heat-resistant copper nozzle and a modular design that promotes quick filament melting and smooth filament extrusion.
About this item -Creality 3D CR-10 Large FDM 3D Printer All Metal Frame 12x12x15.5 Inch Build Volume and Heated Bed Includes Glass Bed with Blue Strips for Beginners PLA TPU ABS Filaments
- SIMPLE TO USE” Offline printing from SD cards is supported; a USB adaptor can also be used to print directly.
- A Sturdy and Flat Glass Bed A dependable and level glass bed is included with the 3D printer, which measures 300x300x400mm out of the box. Forget about other printers with crooked beds and uneven printing surfaces.
- With this glass bed, any print—from the smallest test file to the largest model—will have a completely usable and smooth surface. A must-have when working with a build area this big is to print from corner to corner for consistently flawless layer lines.
- warranty for every user In addition to our 1-year limited manufacturer’s replacement part warranty, our skilled 3D printing engineers are accessible around-the-clock to provide you with lifetime technical assistance. Contact us if you are not happy with the prints you have produced, and we will work with you to offer advice until you are printing expertly!
- a metal frame of high quality The all-aluminum chassis of the Creality 3D Printer Cr10 offers a solid foundation designed to last for years. Even after prolonged usage, the POM engineering thermoplastic “Triangle-Slot” wheels maintain exceptional dimensional stability. Metal-on-metal steel rods are eliminated, drastically reducing noise.
- large working area, especially. One of the largest build spaces is provided by the Creality Large 3D Printer CR-10. You can print models that 90% of other printers couldn’t at 12inx12inx15.5in. Even on very tall prints, the distinctive Bowden extruder design improves performance by reducing weight on the X-axis.
- open source for every user Creality has made the decision to make the Creality CR10 3D printer firmware and design plans open to everyone for significant tweaking and improvements in the spirit of innovation and advancement. In order to produce a better product for everyone, we want to build a sizable user base that contributes to the project.
- supports a variety of 3D printing filaments, including ABS, PLA, TPU, and others. More choices about 3D printer filaments A more straightforward structure allows for quick assembly and simple adjustment, saving you time and energy. It is also simple and appropriate for DIY customers.
- Aluminum plate offers more reliable printing with improved stability.