Evolution EVOSAW380 vs Dewalt DW872: Both the Evolution EVOSAW380 and the Dewalt DW872 are fantastic options to consider when shopping for a steel-cutting chop saw, so don’t rule either one out. But which of the two options is superior to the other? In this comparative review of the Evolution EVOSAW380 and the Dewalt DW872, we are going to look at the two items side by side to see which one offers a superior choice.
Evolution EVOSAW380 vs Dewalt DW872 – Quick Comparison Summary
- While the Dewalt DW872 has a speed of 1300 RPM, the Evolution EVOSAW380 has a speed of 1450 RPM.
- While the Dewalt DW872 is more expensive, the Evolution EVOSAW380 is more affordable.
- The dimensions of the Evolution EVOSAW380 are 21 by 13.5 by 26 inches, whereas the dimensions of the Dewalt DW872 are 24 by 15.25 by 18.5 inches.
- The blade length of the Evolution EVOSAW380 is 15 inches, whereas the blade length of the Dewalt DW872 is 14 inches.
- Both the Evolution EVOSAW380 and the Dewalt DW872 have a weight of 55 pounds, and their power sources are electric cords.
- The Evolution EVOSAW380 only comes with 2.4 horsepower, while the Dewalt DW872 has 4 horsepower.
- The warranty that comes with the Dewalt DW872 is just one year, but the warranty that comes with the Evolution EVOSAW380 is for three years.
- On Amazon.com, the Evolution EVOSAW380 Cutting Chop Saw is One of the Most Popular Options. Compared with the DeWalt DW872 model.
Evolution Power Tools
21 x 13.5 x 26 inches
24 x 15.25 x 18.5 inches
3 year limited warranty
1 Year Full Warranty
14″ Mild Steel Cutting Blade, V-Block, Clamping Handle, Spare Carbon Brush Set, Hex Wrench, Safety Goggles, Ear Plugs and Manual
Tool, Blade, Wrench, Clamp
Is it possible to use a 10-inch evolution blade on this item?
I'd want to know the product's country of origin and its country of manufacturing.
Will this, like the evolution rage 2 multifunctional chop saw, cut pvc, aluminum, and other materials?
Is this a vintage model? The current evolution 15" saw model number is s380cps, and the photos are different.
Is it truly worth two times the evolution rage2? What makes it more appealing?
Is it possible to replace the cutting blade with an abrasive wheel?
Will this saw cut a 45-degree angle on a 4" x 4" square tube?
Amazon.com Description: Evolution EVOSAW380 vs Dewalt DW872
About this item – Evolution Power Tools EVOSAW380 15-Inch Steel Cutting Chop Saw
- The motor is 1800 watts/15 amps with a high torque transmission, which decreases motor load and enhances steel cutting performance.
- It comes with a 14″ mild steel cutting blade.
Cold cut saws cut metal with less heat and burrs, resulting in a functional finish.
- Dry metal cutting-chop saws slice metal with little heat or sparks and no need for coolant.
For industrial metal cutting, use a heavy-duty cast aluminum base.
- The Evolution Evosaw380 15-Inch Steel Cutting Chop Saw is the highest grade industrial metal cutting tool currently available on the market.
- The Evosaw 380 Cut Off Saw cuts steel cold, so no coolant is required. Because the material is cold, it is easily handled and worked on.
- outperforms abrasive saws; faster cutting and longer blade life; average of 1000 cuts in 2 in x 2 in mild steel.
About this item – DEWALT Metal Cutting Saw, 14-Inch (DW872)
- The ergonomic design of the horizontal handle puts the user’s wrist in a more comfortable position, which makes them less tired and more productive.
- When compared to abrasive wheels, cutting using a 14-inch, 66-tooth carbide-tipped blade has a reduced cost-per-cut. With the Multi-Cutter Chop Saw, you can cut a wide range of materials, including both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- In 2-inch x 2-inch x 1/4-inch angle iron, the metal cutting saw is four times quicker than chop saws and eight times faster than portable band saws.
- The metal chop saw’s carbide-tipped blade enables consistent depth-of-cut throughout the blade’s lifetime.
- The largest capacity in its class, with even greater capacity than a deep-cut portable band saw (5-3/16-inch round & 4-1/2-inch x 6-1/2-inch rectangle), allowing users to cut a larger range of materials for more applications.
- Carbide teeth with a special design provide rapid, accurate, and burr-free cuts. fewer preliminary grinding steps and final cuts that are cool to the touch