Foodsaver FM2000 vs FM2100: Which Foodsaver is the best for you, the FM2000 or FM2100? This is a question that many people have when they are looking to buy a new Foodsaver. Both of these machines have their pros and cons, but which one comes out on top in the end?
Foodsaver FM2000 vs FM2100 – Quick Comparison Summary
- There are many similarities between the Foodsaver FM2000 and FM2100. For example, both models have a cool-down time of 20 seconds, seal with less bag waste, are made to prevent burns, have a patented removable drip tray, a close-and-lock lid, come in black, and have a press-vacuum-and-seal button.
- Comparing Foodsaver FM2000 vs FM2100, FM2100 is very popular on Amazon.
- The weight of the Foodsaver FM2000 is 5.3 pounds, while the weight of the Foodsaver FM2100 is 6.6 pounds.
- The dimensions of the Foodsaver FM2000 are 16.3 by 9.2 by 4 inches, while the dimensions of the Foodsaver FM2100 are 17.8 by 5.9 by 13.3 inches.
- Foodsaver FM2000 costs less money, while Foodsaver FM2100 is quite pricey.
- While the Foodsaver FM2000 lacks these features, the Foodsaver FM2100 includes a Dry/Moist and Quick Marinate Mode, an integrated Roll Storage and Cutter Bar, and a Dual Heat Sealing Strip for an airtight seal.
Meets UL or ETL Safety Standards
Seals with Less Bag Waste
Dry/Moist & Quick Marinate
Built-in Roll Storage and Cutter Bar
Cool Down Required Between Seals
(1) 11″” X 10′ vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum seal bags (1) accessory hose
(1) 11″ X 10′ vacuum seal roll (3) 1-quart precut vacuum seal bags (2) 1-gallon precut vacuum seal bags (3) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags (2) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags, (1) handheld sealer + holder clip
Patented Removable Drip Tray
Item Dimensions LxWxH
16.3 x 9.2 x 4 inches
17.8 x 5.9 x 13.3 inches
Date First Available
March 18, 2016
September 10, 2014
A hand pump for bags is displayed in one of the images. Does the handheld pump come with it? I don't see the pump in mine, but it did come with a plastic tubing.
Does anyone have a problem with this device that completely seals the bags? Am I performing improperly?
Does this model support the v2222 Jar Sealer?
Will this seal and vacuum 12? "oversized food saver bags?
Food saver requires an electric cable hookup.
Could you use the vacuum attachment and Ball jars with this?
Does this device allow you to pause the vacuum cycle whenever you like to avoid crushing some foods?
What distinguishes the fm 2435-ecr model from the v 4440, except than price?
Does this function with Mylar? If so, how much weight?
Amazon.com Description: Foodsaver FM2000 vs FM2100
About this item – FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Machine with Starter Vacuum Seal Bags & Rolls, Safety Certified, Black – FM2000-FFP
- Keeping Bulk Foods Fresh Buy in bulk to maximise your savings by carefully packaging and storing meats, cheeses, veggies, even soups and sauces. This will take the guesswork out of smart buying. Did we mention that all FoodSaver bags and rolls are safe for sous vide? Keep simmering.
- Jar closure Preserve fruit and vegetables for salads, soups, apple sauces, and other dishes rather than throwing away the bounty from your garden. Using the FoodSaver Jar Sealers (available separately), you may enjoy or offer food in a simple way.
- An accessory hose quickly marinates food and vacuum-seals fresh containers.
- EASY TO CLEAN: A specially created, patented removable drip tray that helps keep countertops clean by collecting any extra liquid or debris that may arise after vacuum sealing and is dishwasher safe; Length of Cord: 24 inches
- NOT JUST FOR STORAGE OF FOOD: Use your vacuum sealer to make your own reusable ice packs, store liquids and creams for travel, guard priceless documents or photos from probable water damage, and much more.
- VERSATILITY AND CONVENIENCE IN THE KITCHEN: When food is shielded from air and freezer burn, daily meal planning is simpler. Double the recipe for your favourite dishes and store the extra portions for a quick and wholesome meal on busy weeknights. You can also save time at the grocery store by purchasing frequently used items in bulk.
- Comparing modern technology to earlier FoodSaver models, 40% less bag material is used.
- PLAN YOUR DOLLAR: Instead of only lasting 6 months, food preserved using the FoodSaver System and kept in the freezer can survive up to 3 years and still taste as good as the day it was sealed. And meals prepared in advance and leftovers kept in the refrigerator can still be enjoyed for several weeks.
- EASY TO USE: Simply add food to the bag, place the open end inside the FM2000, and let the machine handle the rest, sucking out all the air, sealing the bag, and shutting off automatically once the seal is complete.
- One of the main causes of freezer burn, mould, and spoiling is air, which is removed by vacuum sealing.
About this item – FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Machine with Automatic Bag Detection, Sealer Bags and Roll, and Handheld Vacuum Sealer for Airtight Food Storage and Sous Vide, Silver – fm2100
SAVE MONEY: Food preserved using the FoodSaver System in the freezer can last up to 3 years while continuing to taste delicious, fresh, and burn-free. Meals prepared in advance, leftovers, and produce kept in the refrigerator will remain fresh for weeks as opposed to just a few days.
COMPRISES: (1) 11 “x 10′ vacuum seal roll, three pre-cut 1-quart bags, two pre-cut 1-gallon bags, and one accessory hose.
Seal Efficiently In addition to having a built-in cutter to create custom-sized bags, this sealer is made to produce more bags per roll than earlier models.
FRESH HANDHELD SEALER & OTHER ACCESSORIES COMPATIBLE: FoodSaver Zipper Bags and Fresh Containers can be used to start preserving food in the refrigerator and pantry. Attach the handheld sealer (available separately) with the accessory hose provided with your machine to get started (sold separately)
Safe Cooking and Marinating Airtight bags are ideal for sous vide cooking while they are closed. Use the additional hose to seal contents in FoodSaver Fresh Containers for rapid marinating.
include one eleven “x 10′ vacuum seal roll, three precut 1-quart bags, two precut 1-gallon bags, and a hose for an accessory.
SEALING IS VERY CONSISTENT: Dual heat sealing strips ensure that the ideal vacuum level and airtight seal will be achieved. The FM2100 has a 5-year limited warranty and is a sturdy, high-quality product.
An airtight closure is possible using a dual heat sealing strip.
Without requiring scissors, the built-in roll cutter enables the creation of custom-sized bags.
YIELDS MORE BAGS: Compared to earlier FoodSaver models, this one is made to reduce bag waste, and it has a built-in roll cutter so you can make custom-sized bags without needing scissors.