Foodsaver FM2100 vs FM5200: The FoodSaver FM2100 and FM5200 are very similar vacuum sealer machines with nearly identical features. However, the FM5200 performs marginally better overall.
Foodsaver FM2100 vs FM5200 – Quick Comparison Summary
- Foodsaver FM5200 features an Express Bag Maker option and an Extra-Wide Sealing Strip, but FM2100 does not.
- Foodsaver FM2100 is hugely popular on the market, while Foodsaver FM5200 is less popular.
- The difference in weight between the Foodsaver FM2100 and FM5200 is 6.6 and 9 pounds, respectively.
- The dimensions of the Foodsaver FM2100 are 17.8 x 5.9 x 13.3 inches, while the Foodsaver FM5200 is 17.6 x 9.3 x 9.6 inches.
- The Foodsaver FM2100 is a countertop vacuum sealer, but the Foodsaver FM5200 is a 2-in-1 system that includes both a countertop machine and a retractable hand-held sealer.
- Foodsaver FM5200 is more expensive than Foodsaver FM2100.
- The Foodsaver FM2100 is a manual vacuum sealer, while the Foodsaver FM5200 is an automatic vacuum sealer system.
- Both the Foodsaver FM2100 and FM5200 have amazing features like Dry and Moist Modes, Easy-Lock Latch, Removable Drip Tray, 5-year Limited Warranty, Freezer can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, Use With Ease, Seal Efficiently, and Savor the Versatility.
Item Dimensions LxWxH
17.8 x 5.9 x 13.3 inches
17.6 x 9.3 x 9.6 inches
Extra-wide sealing strip
Express bag maker
LED light indicators
Roll storage and cutter bar
Dishwasher-safe drip tray
Dry and Moist modes
Item Dimensions LxWxH
5.25 x 12.5 x 9.75 inches
5.2 x 12.5 x 9.8 inches
5 year limited warranty
5 year limited warranty
Date First Available
September 10, 2014
October 27, 2016
Is this compatible with Ball jars and the vacuum attachment?
Is it possible to stop the vacuum process whenever you want so that it does not crush some foods?
What is the difference between the FM 2435-ecr model and the V 4440, aside from price?
Is this compatible with Mylar? If so, what is the maximum weight?
When you seal the bag, does it matter which side is up (rough or smooth)?
Is the accessory option available on this machine?
Is the 5200 identical to the 5480 or 5380?
Is it compatible with the ball jar attachment?
Amazon.com Description: Foodsaver FM2100 vs FM5200
About this item – FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Machine with Automatic Bag Detection, Sealer Bags and Roll, and Handheld Vacuum Sealer for Airtight Food Storage and Sous Vide, Silver – FM2100
- EXTEND YOUR DOLLAR: Food saved in the freezer with the FoodSaver System can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and free of freezer burn. Prep-ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh for weeks rather than days.
- WORKS WITH FRESH HANDHELD SEALER AND OTHER ACCESSORIES: Start preserving food in the refrigerator and pantry with FoodSaver Zipper Bags and Fresh Containers by connecting the handheld sealer (sold separately) to the accessory hose included with your machine (sold separately)
- SEALING IS VERY CONSISTENT: It is equipped with dual heat sealing strips, ensuring an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal. The FM2100 is a long-lasting, high-quality product with a 5-year limited warranty.
- YIELDS MORE BAGS: Designed to reduce bag waste when compared to previous FoodSaver models; includes a built-in roll cutter for creating custom-sized bags without the use of scissors.
- The FoodSaver FM2100 Manual Vacuum Sealing System is the answer to all of your food storage problems! It vacuum seals FoodSaver bags and containers to remove air, the leading cause of spoilage and freezer burn, so food stays fresher for longer.
- It has a sleek space-saving design and an easy-to-use control panel. It’s an excellent way to store everyday foods, leftovers, and bulk purchases in the fridge, freezer, or pantry.
- Keep the Freshness The FoodSaver FM2100 Vacuum Sealing System aids in the preservation of food. The system removes air from bags, which is one of the main causes of mould and food spoilage, and creates an airtight seal to lock in freshness.
- This comprehensive starter kit includes a vacuum sealer machine, a variety of bags, and other useful accessories to get you started on your food-saving journey. You’ll soon be on your way to preserving food, reducing waste, and saving money.
- (1) vacuum seal roll 11″ x 10′, (3) 1-quart pre-cut vacuum seal bags, (2) 1-gallon pre-cut vacuum seal bags, and (1) accessory hose
About this item – FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer Machine and Express Vacuum Seal Bag Maker with Sealer Bags and Roll and Hendheld Vacuum Sealer for Airtight Food Storage and Sous Vide, Black – FM5200
- Save more and use less by using the foodsaver system to freeze meat, which can keep meat fresh, tasty, and free of freezer burn for up to three years. Meals prepared in advance, leftovers, and produce kept in the refrigerator will remain fresh for weeks as opposed to just a few days.
- Moisture is immediately detected by smart technology, which then switches to the appropriate mode to ensure an airtight seal is made. This kitchen gadget is simple to clean and maintain thanks to its revolutionary removable drip tray, which will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe. three 11 x 16-inch heat seal rolls and eight 8-by-20-inch rolls
- extremely reliable sealing Dual heat sealing strips are used to provide the ideal vacuum and airtight closure. The fm5200 is robust, excellent, and supported by a 5-year limited warranty.
- More practical to employ: The open roll storage design allows you to see when the roll needs to be replaced while the easy view vacuum glass makes it simple to regulate where you seal.
- Led light indicators also make it simple to follow the vacuum sealing process. To eliminate the air that contributes to freezer burn and food spoiling, simply press the vacuum and seal bar.
- Express bag maker: The express bag maker uses a special second heat-sealing bar to automatically prepare the following bag, cutting down on the number of bag-making stages by 50% as compared to Foodsaver V4000 models.