Gaggia Babila vs Accademia: The Gaggia Babil and Gaggia Accademia are both great options for espresso makers, but which one is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparative analysis, we will compare and contrast the Gaggia Babila and Gaggia Accademia to discover which product is the best.
Gaggia Babila vs Accademia – Quick Comparison Summary
- While Gaggia Academia only has 8 grind settings, Gaggia Babila has 15 grind settings.
- The dimensions of the Gaggia Babila are 16.53 x 9.64 x 14.17 inches and 11 x 16 x 14.6 inches, respectively.
- Compared to the Gaggia Babila, the Gaggia Academia espresso machine is extremely popular on Amazon.
- The capacity of the Gaggia Babila hopper is 10.58 oz, while the Gaggia Academia hopper holds 12 oz.
- Gaggia Academia is less expensive than Gaggia Babila, which is more expensive.
- While the Gaggia Academia Date First Available was on March 23, 2010, the Gaggia Babila Date First Available was on June 9, 2017.
- Gaggia Academia’s maximum cup height is 6.5 inches, whereas Gaggia Babila’s is 6.3 inches.
- The capacity of the Gaggia Babila reservoir is 50.7 oz, while the Gaggia Academia reservoir is 54 oz.
- Both the Gaggia Babila and the Gaggia Academia have several amazing features in common, such as a dual boiler, stainless steel or ABS construction, a carafe-style frother, and more.
- Weight-wise, the Gaggia Babila comes in at 28.7 pounds, while the Gaggia Academia weighs in at 45 pounds.
Maximum Cup Height
Carafe / Steam Wand
Carafe / Steam Wand
Stainless Steel / ABS
Stainless Steel / ABS
Coffee Maker Type
16.53 x 9.64 x 14.17 inches
11 x 16 x 14.6 inches
Date First Available
June 9, 2017
March 23, 2010
Anyone tried dropping the water/shot to 1oz and performing a double shot, i.e. approximately 20 grams of beans and 2 oz espresso...and comparing to the Breville Oracle?
Can we use preground coffee in this machine?
How does it handle harsh water?
I recently purchased this machine, and the milk carafe intermittently spits and pours milk all over the place. There isn't always a lovely constant flow. Any recommendations?
What are your recommendations for the greatest espresso? How should extraction be optimized for a barista-like cup?
What Gaggia model is most similar to the discontinued Titanium, which I have and enjoy but has 20k brews in it and is showing signs of wear?
Amazon.com Description: Gaggia Babila vs Accademia
About this item – Gaggia Babila Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
- The water reservoir is easily accessible: it has a top-loading detachable 50.7oz water reservoir; Brew Boiler Wattage: 1400
1 Gaggia Descaler bottle, 1 AquaClean Water Filter, 1 Water Hardness Test Strip, 1 Tube Brew Group Lubricant, 1 Brew Group Brush, 1 Coffee Scoop/Grinder Key are included.
- The flow knob regulates the flow rate while making a strong espresso or a milder coffee. Remove the brew spouts to make room for bigger mugs and to-go cups (6 x 12″).
- The Gaggia Babila is one of only two super-automatic espresso and coffee machines on the market that includes a carafe as well as a commercial-style steam wand.
- Make bespoke, customized cocktails with the carafe and a touch of a button, or on your own with the manual wand.
- Bean-to-cup brewing and foaming with a single touch. The milk carafe has automated milk frothing for cappuccinos as well as milk froth. The manual steam wand also functions as a hot water dispenser.
- PROGRAMMABLE: Eight programmable espresso, espresso lungo, coffee, ristrettos, lattes, cappuccinos, macchiato, flat whites, and milk foam brewing options are available.
About this item – Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine
- Twin lid ceramic burr grinder with integrated bean hopper that saves on aroma
The Gaggia Accademia is one of only two super-automatic espresso and coffee makers on the market with a carafe and a steam wand like those used in commercial kitchens.
- Use the ceramic burr grinder and bypass dowser to brew whole bean or pee-ground coffee. The coffee grounds container is built in and detachable from the front. 0.5 liter milk carafe for preparing specialty drinks with only one touch.
- The height-adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser can pour into any container between 3″ and 6″ in diameter, making it ideal for espresso or tall to-go cups.
Materials and finishes made of painted metal or stainless steel the auto-cleaning, removable With the touch of a button, Carafe makes producing milk-based beverages a snap.
- The coffee amount may be adjusted from 7 to 10 cups. Create personalized specialty beverages with the touch of a button and the carafe, or on your own with the manual wand. A milk carafe has a capacity of 0.66 liters. For optimal flavor extraction, use a per-brewing method.
- adjustable telescoping coffee dispenser with a maximum height of around 6-1/2 inches to fit a range of cup sizes.