Garmin vivoactive 3 vs Forerunner 45: Both the Garmin vivoactive 3 and the Forerunner 45 are outstanding alternatives when it comes to smartwatches, but which one is the superior option? Discover the answer in our analysis. In this comparison analysis, the Garmin vivoactive 3 and the Forerunner 45 will be compared and contrasted to figure out which one is better.
Garmin vivoactive 3 vs Forerunner 45 – Quick Comparison Summary
When compared to the Forerunner 45, the Garmin vivoactive 3 is a far more popular GPS smartwatch on Amazon.com.
The Forerunner 45 is more affordable, whereas the Garmin vivoactive 3 is a little bit more costly.
The Garmin vivoactive 3 has a battery life of up to 7 days when used in SmartWatch mode and up to 13 hours when used in GPS mode, but the Forerunner 45 has a battery life of up to 7 days when used in SmartWatch mode and up to 14 hours when used in GPS mode.
The screen size of the Forerunner 45 is 1.04 inches, whereas the screen size of the Garmin vivoactive 3 is 1.2 inches.
The connectivity technology of the Garmin vivoactive 3 includes both Bluetooth and GPS, but the connectivity technology of the Forerunner 45 is limited to GPS alone (Both Are Water Resistant).
The device interface of the Garmin vivoactive 3 has a touch screen, whereas the Forerunner 45 includes buttons.
The weight of the Forerunner 45 is 1.22 ounces, whereas the weight of the Garmin vivoactive 3 is 1.22 ounces.
Garmin vivoactive 3
1.7 x 1.7 x 0.46 inches
1.65 x 1.65 x 0.45 inches
Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 13 hours in GPS mode. Display size
Up to 7 days in smartwatch mode; 14 hours in GPS mode
Water Resistance Level
Email, GPS, Heart Rate Monitor
Fitness Tracker, Sleep Monitor, GPS, Heart Rate Monitor, Music Player
Time Display, GPS, Notifications, Heart Rate Monitor
Sleep and Stress Monitoring; Receive Text and Call Alerts; Incident Detection and Remote Assistance, Track Runs with Built-In GPS; 24/7 Heart Rate Monitoring; Record Distance, Pace, and Intervals
What is the minimum distance between your phone and the watch for it to work?
Is there an ECG monitor on this watch?
Has anyone tried out the golf mode?
Is the watch capable of tracking elevation gain?
Is it water resistant?
Will this watch work without a smartphone to monitor mountain biking?
Amazon.com Description: Garmin vivoactive 3 vs Forerunner 45
About this item – Garmin 010-01769-01 Vivoactive 3, GPS Smartwatch with Contactless Payments and Built-In Sports Apps
- When coupled with a compatible smartphone, you’ll get connected features like smart alerts, automated uploads to Garmin Connect, Live Track, and more.
- Garmin Pay is a contactless payment system that allows you to pay using your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks).
- To extend the battery’s life, reduce the backlight timeout and brightness; turn off Bluetooth wireless technology when you’re not using connected features; disable activity tracking.
- Limit the number of smartphone notifications displayed on the device; stop broadcasting heart rate data to paired Garmin devices; and disable wrist-based heart rate monitoring.
- In smartwatch mode, the battery lasts up to 7 days; in GPS mode, it lasts up to 13 hours. 1.2 inch display diameter Thousands of free watch faces, applications, and widgets are available in our Connect IQ shop to customize your watch.
About this item – Garmin Forerunner 45, 42mm Easy-to-use GPS Running Watch with Coach Free Training Plan Support
- The connected features include smart notifications for incoming messages and calls, automatic uploads to our Garmin link online community, live tracking, and controls for the music playing on your paired compatible smartphone.
- Running, cycling, indoor track, treadmill, elliptical, cardio, yoga, and more sports applications are available.
- Tracking and safety During certain activities, when an incident is detected, your location is sent in real time to emergency contacts through your compatible smartphone.
Garmin Coach training plan is beneficial when using a GPS running watch.
- Free Garmin Coach adaptive training plans offer professional, individualized coaching for your wrist.
- Battery life in smartwatch mode: up to 7 days; 14 hours in GPS mode.
This simple running watch calculates your heart rate at the wrist and has GPS for tracking your pace, distance, intervals, and more.