Gerber Paraframe 1 vs 2: In the world of pocket knives, Gerber’s Paraframe series offers versatility and quality. In this blog, we’ll compare the Paraframe 1 and Paraframe 2, helping you decide which one fits your cutting-edge needs.
Gerber Paraframe 1 vs 2 – Quick Comparison Summary
- In comparison to the Gerber Paraframe 1, the Gerber Paraframe 2 is the most popular folding pocket knife on Amazon.
- Gerber Paraframe 1 is less expensive than Gerber Paraframe 2.
- Gerber Paraframe 1 has a serated edge, but Gerber Paraframe 2 has a fine edge.
- Gerber Paraframe 1 has a blade length of 3.01 inches, while Gerber Paraframe 2 has a blade length of 3.35 inches.
- Gerber Paraframe 1 has a total length of 7.01 inches, while Gerber Paraframe 2 has a total length of 8.27 inches.
- Both the Gerber Paraframe 1 and the Gerber Paraframe 2 have some of the same fantastic features, such as a high-carbon stainless steel blade, a frame lock, a folding pocket knife, a stainless steel color, a durable pocket clip, and much more.
- The weight of Gerber Paraframe 1 is 2.6oz, whereas the weight of Gerber Paraframe 2 is 4.2oz.
- The Gerber Paraframe 1 is – Gerber Paraframe 2 measures 8.27 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches.
Gerber Paraframe 1
Gerber Paraframe 2
Recommended Uses For Product
Folding Pocket Knife
Sturdy Pocket Clip
Age Range (Description)
8.27 x 0.5 x 0.5 inches
Made in America?
There is a pocket clip! Does it respond well to sharpening?
The blade measures 2.88". What is the measurement of a closed knife?
Where is it manufactured? What about in China?
how to close
What is the distinction between paraframe 1 and paraframe 2?
How long is the blade?
What is the distinction between Tanto 1 and Tanto 2?
I'm not sure how the knife rusts in some of the reviews if it's stainless. Is there something I'm missing?
How do you put the knife away? I cut my hand while attempting to do it.
Is there a lockback?
What is the distinction between Gerber Paraframe 1 and Paraframe 2?
What is the length of the blade?
Is this a facilitated opening?
Would this work well as a hunting knife?
Amazon.com Description: Gerber Paraframe 1 vs 2
About this item – Gerber Gear Paraframe I Knife, Serrated Edge, Stainless Steel [22-48443]
- In the frame, The frame-lock mechanism of the Paraframe I, as well as each of the other seven knives in the Paraframe series, is kept to a bare minimum. It has a fine-edge locking blade, is lightweight, easy to clean, and smoothly opens. The open frame design is attractive and simple, and the knife is easy to open. The Paraframe I is a perfect example of an everyday carry folder because it has a clip for safe transportation and a handle made of stainless steel that is polished to a mirror finish.
- It is relatively unnoticeable and lightweight thanks to the slim, all-metal frame. This is so comfortable that I can even wear it with my tiny pants. It does not leave a “print” or impede movement, and it can be tucked up neatly. The deployment may be done with one hand quite easily. Once you have mastered the technique of folding, you will find that it is possible to do so even with one hand. Because it can start to pull outward with usage, I do occasionally have to gently re-bend the clip to its snug position. This is because it can start to pull outward.
- I have also discovered that sharpening it is not that difficult. There are a number of inexpensive and compact pieces of equipment available that may be used to sharpen the flat blade, as well as a thin rod that can be used to maintain the serrated portion of the blade. This is a good choice if you are looking for a respectable knife that you can use every day without breaking the bank.
- I have had experience with a wide range of other clip-in pocket knives, both brands and types. Some of them are difficult to use or have an awkward design. This paraframe has proven to be a fantastic all-around jack of all trades in my experience.
- When I worked in retail, where I frequently needed to open boxes in order to stack items or break down boxes in order to put them in the recycle bin, I kept this with me at all times. I have also used it as my everyday utility knife in the garden and on the farm to do everything from harvesting corn and zucchini to cutting twine and scoring sheetrock.
- And if I’m walking back to my car and find myself in a questionable neighborhood, I can easily tuck it in my hand while keeping my thumb on the flip knob to keep it available in case I need it.
About this item – Gerber Gear 22-48448N Paraframe II Folding Pocket Knife, Fine Edge, Stainless Steel
- When cutting in tight spaces, the configuration of the blade, known as a clip point, works best. As far as the handle is concerned, openness reigns supreme; there is more air than metal, which means that it is quite lightweight and quite simple to maintain clean. Put a paraframe in your back pocket, and you’ll have all you need to handle any situation that comes your way. The only difficulty you’ll face is choosing which option to go with.
- Companion in Everyday Life The Paraframe II, which is the largest of the eight knives in the Paraframe series, is built on the same minimalist frame-lock design as the rest of the series. The Paraframe II is a larger everyday carry folder that was designed with a smooth stainless steel handle and a clip for secure travel. It is all that a larger folder designed for everyday carry should be.
- This lightweight knife is perfect for everyday carry because of its open frame, which represents the pinnacle of minimalist design. The Paraframe is a convenient accessory that can be clipped to your belt or carried in your pocket with little effort. It is also simple to clean. This versatile knife comes with a variety of blade options, allowing it to cut through anything.
- People could have been satisfied with the knife overall if Gerber had been content to produce only a single iteration of the Paraframe model. The Gerber Paraframe has developed into a crucial component of the market as a result of how well-liked this well-known example of a frame lock design was by knife enthusiasts.
- However, we reasoned that there was no point in being stingy, so we developed a total of eight different iterations. And the general populace felt relieved. This knife has a straightforward design that places equal emphasis on its practicability and its aesthetic appeal. To open it is a piece of cake.