Graco Extend2fit 2in1 vs 3in1: Which is better? Both of these convertible car seats offer several features, but which is the best? In this review, we compare the Graco extend2fit 2in1 with the Graco extend2fit 3in1 in this Review.
Graco Extend2fit 2in1 vs 3in1 – Quick Comparison Summary
- When it comes to Convertible Car Seats for Children, the Graco extend2fit 2in1 and 3in1 are both quite popular on Amazon.
- Graco Extend2Fit 3in1 has three features: rear facing, forward facing, and a high back booster, while Graco EXted2Fit 2in1 has two. 2: Forward Facing, 1: Rear Facing
- Both the 2in1 and 3in1 Graco Extend2Fit include side impact protection.
- Both covers are detachable, and the harness and latch system are easily adjustable.
Graco extend2fit 2in1
Graco extend2fit 3in1
Maximum weight recommendation
Number of reclining positions
Side Impact Protection
InRight Latch System
InRight Latch System
About this item – Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat | Ride Rear Facing Longer with Extend2Fit, Binx
- Convertible car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (4-50lbs) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds)
- Made of Steel reinforced | Product dimensions – 20.75” D x 19” W x 24.5” H | Product weight – 19.25 lbs.
- Up to 50 pounds rear facing, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
- Graco Protect Plus Engineered | Simply Safe Adjust no-re thread headrest and harness adjust together
- Extend2Fit 4-position adjustable extension panel provides up to 5″ additional legroom, allowing your child to safely ride rear facing longer
About this item – Graco Extend2Fit 3 in 1 Car Seat, Ride Rear Facing Longer, Garner, 21.56 pounds
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (4-50 lb) to forward-facing harness (22-65 lb) to highback booster (40-100 lb)
- Extend2Fit 4-position adjustable extension panel provides up to 5″ additional legroom, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
- Up to 50 lb rear-facing, allowing your child to safely ride rear-facing longer
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: a combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes
- No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- 6-position recline keeps your child comfy and helps for a better installation
- Push-button InRight LATCH provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
- Fuss-free harness storage pockets conveniently hold the harness out of the way for easy in and out
- Harness storage compartment keeps the harness safely stored while in belt-positioning booster mode
What is the difference between a convertible car seat and a 3-in-1?
All-in-one seats, also known as 3-in-1 seats, are very similar to convertible car seats; the primary difference is that all-in-one seats also function as booster seats. This seat has the advantage of only requiring one purchase because it can grow with your child from a position where they are facing backwards to one where they are facing forwards and then into a booster seat until they are old enough to just use a regular seatbelt.
What is a three in one car seat?
A convertible car seat is a car seat that can be turned around and used in one of three different ways: either backwards with a five-point harness, forwards with a five-point harness, or as a booster seat.
Does Graco Extend2Fit turn into booster?
The Graco® Extend2Fit® 3-in-1 Car Seat is designed to grow with your child from the time they are in the rear-facing harness position (4-50 pounds) to the time they are in the forward-facing harness position (22-65 pounds) to the time they are in the highback booster position (40-100 pounds).
Do the harness straps adjust when you adjust the height of the headrest? Or do you have to rethread the straps when adjusting for babys size?
We are happy to assist you with this information Bean! This seat has the "Simple Safe Adjust" harness. It does not need to be threaded to adjust the height. Instead the headrest of the seat can be adjusted by a button.
What is the height limit when used as rear-facing? Target website states 54 inches, but Amazon shows 45 inches, and no height info on Graco website.
We are happy to assist you with this information SM! There is no specified height max for rear-facing. The child's head must be at least 1" below the headrest adjustment lever.
Can the seat cover be removed for washing WITHOUT removing the seat?
Thank you for your interest in our product. The car seat would need to be removed from the car to remove seat seat pad.
What are the dimensions? specifically need the width at widest point.
The Dimensions of the Extend2Fit In Most Common Positions: Weight of Seat = 19.25 Measurements (Depth x Width x Height): Rear facing recline 1, Head rest 1, Extension 1 (RF, most recline, lowest head rest, Extension closed): 28 x 19.5 x 18 Rear facing recline 4, Head rest 10, Extension 4 (RF, most upright, highest head rest, Most Extended): 32 x 19.5 x 30 Forward Facing Recline 4, Read rest 5, Extension 1(FF, Most recline, est. lowest head rest, Extension closed): 24.5 x 19.5 x 25 Forward Facing Recline 6, Read rest 10, Extension 1(FF, Most upright, highest head rest, Extension closed): 21.5 x 19.5 x 33.5
Will this fit in a toyota corolla?
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat. This car seat has not been tested in every vehicle available on the market, but it has been tested in compact, mid-size, full-size, vans and SUVs from different manufacturers. It should be able to fit in your vehicle. If you have any questions regarding the proper fit in your vehicle we recommend that you take the car seat to a local Car Seat Technician that can assure that the car seat is installed properly. You can also contact Graco Consumer Care at 1-800-345-4109 and select the option to speak with one of our Certified Car Seat Technicians.
Does this item have harness strap covers like the extend2fit seats at target? i don't see strap covers in the picture.
This car seat does not come with harness strap covers.