HoneyWell T10 Pro vs T9: Selecting between the Honeywell T10 Pro and Honeywell T9 as a smart thermostat Though both are wise decisions, which is the best? This comparison of the Honeywell T10 Pro and Honeywell T9 is supposed to help you determine which product is the better option for you.
HoneyWell T10 Pro vs T9– Quick Comparison Summary
- The Honeywell T9 is less expensive than the Honeywell T10 Pro, which is more expensive due to certain additional features.
- While the Honeywell T9 can support up to 20 additional remote sensors, the Honeywell T10 Pro has support for additional sensors built in.
- The Honeywell T10 Pro weighs 0.6 pounds, but the Honeywell T9 weighs 1.32 pounds.
HoneyWell T9 is the most popular smart thermostat on the market compared to HoneyWell T10 Pro.
In comparison, the Honeywell T9 has dimensions of 3.7 x 4.92 x 0.94 inches, while the Honeywell T10 Pro has dimensions of 6.2 x 5.8 x 3.1 inches.
While HoneyWell T9 lacks these functions, HoneyWell T10 Pro has RedLINK and Control Additional IAQ Products.
Both the HoneyWell T10 Pro and the HoneyWell T9 have a number of fantastic features in common, like Prioritize Multiple Rooms, Demand Response Rebate Eligible, Filter Change Alerts, the Honeywell Home App, Smart Home Integration, Smart Home Integration, and a lot more besides.
HoneyWell T10 Pro
Control Additional IAQ Products
Supports Additional Sensors
Up To 20 Remote Sensors
2.4 and 5.0 GHz
2.4 and 5.0 GHz
Filter Change Alerts
Filter Change Alerts, Honeywell Home App
Demand Response Rebate Eligible
Prioritize Multiple Rooms
6.2 x 5.8 x 3.1 inche
3.7 x 4.92 x 0.94 inches
How does this regulate room-to-room temperatures?
Will the T10 thermostat automatically switch from heating to cooling?
Will the T10 manage ventilation as well as dehumidification via excessive cooling?
Is it possible to change the brightness of the screen on the T10? (This is not addressed in the user manuals for the t9 or t10 on the honeywell home support website.)
Can the remote sensor be used to set the primary temperature? I want the temperature in the room where the remote sensor is to be as requested (no averaging).
Can I set this to a specific temperature and have it turn on the heater or air conditioner based on that temperature?
Is the T9 compatible with twin zone systems, and would I require two to function properly? My house currently has two thermostat controllers.
Can the thermostat be programmed?
Amazon.com Description: HoneyWell T10 Pro vs T9
About this item – Honeywell Home Honeywell THX321WFS2001W T10 Pro Smart Thermostat with RedLINK, White
- Amazing fact: I’ve been a builder for more than 30 years. Because there aren’t too many bells and whistles, even my customers who aren’t particularly tech-savvy have no trouble utilising the product or the accompanying mobile app.
- The remote sensor performs quite well, particularly in situations in which the primary sensor cannot be installed in an optimal location.
- I had a renovation problem where a thermostat was installed directly over baseboard heat, resulting in a bad heating condition. I got this and put the remote sensor in, and the area is now evenly heated! I deactivate geofencing and scheduling, and I control everything only through the app. Additionally, tech assistance is fantastic!
- During the past 6-7 years, I have probably installed 25–30 of them, and after running set–none, I have encountered zero problems with any of them.
- The only reason I needed technical support was because of a problem with my Wi-Fi connection, which was unrelated to any stats or sensors.
- Low Voltage Thermostat, Stages Heat 3, Heat Pump, or 2 Conventional, Stages Cool 2, Temp. Settings per Day 0, 1, 2, 4, Programs per Week 5-1-1, 5-2, or Non-Programmable, Terminal Designations Wi-Fi Capability, RC, R, C, W, O/B, Y, Y2, G, E, AUX, K, L, U, U, S, S; RC, R, C, W, O/B, Y, Y2; RC, R, C; Yes, System Switching: Heat-Off-Cool-Auto-Emergency, Fan Switching: Auto-On-Circulate-Follow Schedule, Display Size: 7.27 in., Display Type: LCD, Backlit, Display Color: Gray, Key Pad Lockout System Switching: Heat-Off-Cool-Auto-Emergency Fan Switching: Auto-On-Circulate-Follow Schedule Display Size 7.27 in.
- Display Type LCD Yes, the fan can be programmed. Yes, the changeover is automatic. Yes.
About this item – Honeywell Home T9 WiFi Smart Thermostat with 1 Smart Room Sensor, Touchscreen Display, Alexa and Google Assist
- awesome sensor range. The battery-powered Smart Room Sensors use proprietary Honeywell Home technology to produce an accurate signal up to 200 feet away. (This may vary depending on home construction.)
SIMPLE INSTALLATION DONE BY YOU. Setup couldn’t be easier with guided installation. The provided power adapter provides a low-voltage, easy-to-install alternative to a C-wire, making the thermostat suitable for most households.
- Save energy and money. Adjust your ENERGY STAR certified thermostat from anywhere with your mobile device, or let your house respond to your schedule automatically with Auto Home/Away Scheduling. Save even more by enrolling in your utility provider’s energy-saving programmes. (Subject to availability in the area – see link above for rebate finder)
- Focus on multiple rooms. Don’t feel compelled to select between rooms; the T9 Smart Thermostat can handle various rooms to focus on (requiring sensors).
- Live and sleep wisely. To help you get a better night’s sleep, set the temperature in a certain location, such as the bedroom, to exactly what you want it to be. Allow the smart room sensors to recognise which rooms people are in and automatically focus comfort where it matters.
- Manage it your way. Control the T9 using the Resideo app or via Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and other voice assistants.
- Coverage for the entire house Install smart area sensors throughout your home to monitor the temperature and humidity in each room. Focus on specific rooms you choose, or let the sensors focus on spaces where humans are present. Sensors can reach up to 200 feet and are distributed around the home to improve the quality of the signal and data supplied to the T9 thermostat.
- Greetings and welcome to “Just Right.” The T9 Smart Thermostat detects temperatures in the places that matter the most. Set a timetable to focus on the rooms you want—or let the sensors adjust to your lifestyle, saving energy when you leave and preparing that optimal temperature for your return.
- Compatible with: forced air (gas, oil, or electricity), hot water and steam, and heat pumps with backup electricity. DOES NOT WORK WITH ELECTRIC BASEBALL HEATING (120-240V). A C-wire is required.
- Compatible with the majority of heat-and-cool oil furnace systems. Unless a C-Wire is present, will not work with heating only oil furnace systems.
Check to see whether this thermostat is compatible with your home and if you require a C-wire power adapter before purchase.