Honeywell T5 vs T6 Pro: The Honeywell T5 and Honeywell T6 Pro are both great options for smart thermostats, but which one is the best? Learn more from our comparison. In this comparative research, we’ll compare and contrast the Honeywell T5 and Honeywell T6 Pro in order to decide which product is the best.
Honeywell T5 vs T6 Pro– Quick Comparison Summary
While Honeywell T6 Pro’s dimensions are 5 x 2.3 x 6 inches, Honeywell T5’s dimensions are 4.06 x 1.06 x 4.06 inches.
Compared to the Honeywell T6 Pro, the Honeywell T5 is a far more popular smart thermostat on Amazon.
Both the Honeywell T5 and Honeywell T6 Pro have amazing features in common, like 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, filter change alerts, the Honeywell Home App, eligibility for utility rebates, smart home integration, touchscreens, 7-programmability, auto home/away scheduling (geofencing), and more.
Honeywell T6 Pro includes additional IAQ products and supports additional sensors, although Honeywell T5 does not.
The Honeywell T5 weighs 0.2 pounds, whereas the T6 Pro weighs the same.
In comparison to Honeywell T5 and T6 Pro, Honeywell T5 is less expensive.
Honeywell T6 Pro
Supports Additional Sensors
Control Additional IAQ Products
Date First Available
September 14, 2022
December 5, 2016
Auto Home/Away Scheduling (Geofencing)
Filter Change Alerts
Filter Change Alerts, Honeywell Home App
Eligibility For Utility Rebates
Smart Home Integration
Black and White
4.06 x 1.06 x 4.06 inches
5 x 2.3 x 6 inches
Is it possible to install this without a c wire? I have only three wires: rh, rc, and w.
I frequently have power blinks. Is it necessary to reenter the programme each time the power goes out if the Lyric T5 does not have a battery backup?
Can you use the fan without any heat or cooling? Does this function remotely?
Does this device work without an internet connection? ie Is it usable offline?
How many on/off options does this have?
Will this reset and resume its programme if power is interrupted? It states hardwire power only, yet I don't see any place for batteries.
Does it detect humidity?
Is this thermostat compatible with the SmartThings home automation hub?
Will it operate with an oil furnace and a heat pump?
Is this device Z-wave compatible?
Amazon.com Description: Honeywell T5 vs T6 Pro
About this item – New 2023! Honeywell Home RTH8800WF2022, T5 WiFi Smart Thermostat, 7 Day-Programmable Touchscreen, Alexa Ready, Geofencing Technology, Energy Star, C-Wire Required
- Technology for Geofencing Your smartphone’s location can be used by the T5 Smart Thermostat to determine when you are away and when you return. In order to save money on energy bills while you’re away but maintain comfort when you go home, you can set your preferred comfort radius, so the thermostat won’t change from the Away Temperature until you’re within a certain distance of your house.
- You can always manually adjust the temperature on the thermostat or app, and to meet your schedule, you may combine auto-scheduling and programmable scheduling.
- Works with the majority of heat-and-cool oil furnaces. Will not function with heating-only oil furnace systems in the absence of a C-wire.
- Required C-wire power adapter Before making a purchase, confirm that this thermostat is appropriate for your house and ascertain whether a C-wire power converter is required.
- Auto Home/Away Mode, enjoy the perfect weather at home and save money when you’re gone.
- ENERGY STAR approved Gain individualised energy-saving advice, monitor your heating and cooling with monthly energy reports, and contribute to energy conservation.
- Customers who used the T5 thermostat’s scheduling feature frequently saved between 8 and 16% on heating and cooling costs. The amount of money saved varies depending on use; it is based on the average annual heat and cooling expenditures for single-family detached homes countrywide.
- Save energy and benefit from it. To save money on your purchase, inquire with your energy supplier about any potential energy savings incentives (see rebate finder link above). Additionally, eligible customers can sign up for continuous energy savings incentives through their energy supplier to continue saving throughout the entire year.
- Save cash and energy. Customers who used the T5 Smart Thermostat’s scheduling feature frequently saved between 8 and 16% on heating and cooling costs. The amount of money saved depends on the average annual heat and cooling costs for single-family detached homes countrywide.
- Flexible scheduling for seven days or temperature control based on location, You can decide. Your thermostat is programmed for seven days. By tracking your movements using the location of your smartphone, geofencing technology makes you more comfortable.
About this item – Honeywell TH6220WF2006/U Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat with Stages Up to 2 Heat/1 Cool Heat Pump or 2 Heat/2 Cool Conventional , White
- Lyric T6 Pro Wi-Fi Programmable Thermostat with Stages Up to 2 Heat/1 Cool Heat Pump or 2 Heat/2 Cool Conventional by Honeywell, model number TH6220WF2006/U The T6 Smart Thermostat is easy, smart, connected, and adapts to your way of life.
- Over time, it can learn your desired levels of comfort and heats or cools according to schedule. If your plans change, you can quickly change the temperature in your home from any of your connected devices.
- You may enable geofencing with this WiFi thermostat to save energy while you’re away. The T6 will be installed, and your Resideo Pro will work with you to enable your desired settings and set up your home comfort schedule.