HP Sprocket vs Kodak Step: Both the HP Sprocket and the Kodak Step are great choices for portable photo printers, but which one is the best? We are trying to figure out which of the HP Sprocket and the Kodak Step is better by comparing them.
HP Sprocket vs Kodak Step – Quick Comparison Summary
- In comparison to the HP Sprocket, the Kodak Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Color Printer has seen a significant increase in sales on Amazon.
- While the HP Sprocket is more expensive, the Kodak Step is more affordable.
- Both the HP Sprocket and the Kodak Step have some of the same incredibly cool features, including: Printing technology is Zink Technology; connectivity technology is Bluetooth; Maximum print speed in color or monochrome is 1 paper per minute; print size is 2X3 stikcy-backed paper; bigger and better paper; Zink Zero Ink Technology; inkless prints; ageless innovation; beautifully designed; photos that last; Print from your phone, print and post, and much more are all features of this printer.
- The weight of an HP Sprocket is 10.8 ounces, while the weight of a Kodak Step is 8.8 ounces.
- The dimensions of an HP Sprocket are 5.13 by 3.48 by 0.69 inches, whereas the dimensions of a Kodak Step are 3 by 5 by 1 inch.
White (4 Color Available)
Max Printspeed Monochrome
Maximum Print Speed (Color)
2X3 stikcy-Backed paper
2X3 stikcy-Backed paper
Print from your phone
Photos that last
5.13 x 3.48 x 0.69 inches
3 x 5 x 1 inches
Can some plus-size printers use the smaller 2x3" photo paper, or can they only use the larger 2.3x3.4" photo paper?
Can you check that the product information is correct and that all of the listed items are included, just as it says in the description?
Does it work on an iPad?
I just got mine, but all it does is print blank pages. I used the print-quality card a few times, but nothing happened.
Why does "Pack Paper Bundle" cost so much?
Does it work with the iPhone 11 Pro?
Should you buy ink?
How long is the ink good for? Do I need to get a whole new thing?
How many pictures are inside?
What does it mean that "you can peel and stick it everywhere"? Is this paper for photos or stickers?
What's the difference between this portable photo printer and the Kodak Mini 2 Retro 2.1x3.4" portable photo printer?
Can non-sticky-back shots be taken with this? Like, is there a type of paper that doesn't have a sticky back that could be used? Thank you
Amazon.com Description: HP Sprocket vs Kodak Step
About this item – HP Sprocket Select Portable 2.3×3.4″ Instant Photo Printer (Eclipse) Print Pictures on Zink Sticky-Backed Paper from your iOS & Android Device.,White
- You can add a personal touch to your prints by using the free HP Sprocket app to take a picture of your own doodles and then turning them into personalized stickers.
- one year of limited warranty with assistance available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. FREE help from HP on the web. For terms and conditions, please refer to the specification document.
- Tags for printing – Hashtagging a photo on social media and using the HP Sprocket app to seamlessly filter for printing will make it simple for you to locate and print photos from social media using your smartphone.
- By connecting the device to the HP Sprocket app via Bluetooth, you can instantly print photos that are 30% larger than those from the standard HP Sprocket. The resulting images are 30% larger than those from the standard HP Sprocket.
- includes HP Zink photo paper. Use the 10 sheets of HP ZINK 2.3×3.4″ sticky-backed paper to make smudge-proof images and stickers for journaling for your creative projects by loading them into your portable picture printer. The paper is 2.3 inches by 3.4 inches.
- design that is slim and portable This picture printer is designed to be slim and portable so that it can complement your style and go practically anywhere.
- Fun with augmented reality: Download the HP Sprocket app to view shared print queues, hidden videos, and more. Using this app, you may unlock material in augmented reality and enjoy it.
- access to special designer photo features, frames, filters, and stickers for your pictures when you use the HP Sprocket app to organize your photographs and then print them off.
About this item – KODAK Step Wireless Mobile Photo Mini Color Printer (White) Compatible w/ iOS & Android, NFC & Bluetooth Devices, 2×3
- UP YOUR PRINTING GAME: From now on, you should not make any additional plans to print the following day. The Kodak step printer can link to any iOS or Android smartphone, tablet, or similar device [through Bluetooth or NFC], allowing users to print photos immediately after taking them from their mobile device; Create actual copies of your selfies, portraits, and other images posted on social media and other online platforms. The Kodak Step Instant Mobile Photo Printer, a Micro USB Charging Cable, a Starter Pack of Kodak Zink Photo Paper, a Quick Start Guide, and a Limited Warranty are all included in this package.
- The maximum color printing speed is one page per minute.
- COMPLETE EDITING SUITE AVAILABLE VIA APP: You may make collages and customize your photographs by using the free Kodak app, which allows you to apply amazing filters, unique borders, cool stickers, funny text, and other creative touches. You may edit pictures on your camera roll and then send them to Step to have quick prints made in less than one minute.
- You can take your work with you. Bypass the computer connections, tangled wires, and cumbersome equipment; our palm-sized printer weighs less than a pound, sets up quickly, and produces exquisite prints that you can peel and stick anywhere. It is perfect for decorating a refrigerator, laptop, locker, scrapbook, notebook, and more.
- The Kodak Step Instant Mobile Photo Printer, a Micro USB Charging Cable, a Starter Pack of Kodak Zink Photo Paper, a Quick Start Guide, and a Limited Warranty are all included in this package.
- Zink technology refers to the printing process.
- Be sure to place the picture paper into the printer in the correct manner so that you get the highest possible print quality from your photographs. It is imperative that the blue Quality Card come from the same pack of photo paper that is now loaded into the printer. The barcode on the blue card needs to be oriented so that it is facing down when it is placed in the paper tray.
- It’s possible that you won’t obtain the greatest results if you use a blue card from one of the other packs of paper. If the printer is giving you trouble because of a paper jam, make sure you turn it off and then back on again. This should cause the paper to be expelled. Do not manually pull the paper out of the stack. Ensure that the printing slot is not covered by your hand at any point during the printing process of the photo.
- CUTE, COMPACT, and COLORFUL: the following: Photo-loving influencers and crafters of any age and level of expertise can all benefit from using the Step printer. A portable and lightweight device featuring a built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery that can print 25 photos on a full charge and is available in a number of colors is an excellent idea for a present at any time of the year.
- The finished photographs have excellent clarity, brightness, and color, plus an additional layer of protective coating that shields them from smudges, rips, and water damage. The Kodak app provides you with additional editing options for your photographs that go well beyond the typical ‘flip’ and ‘rotate’ functions of your smartphone. Utilize our full editing tools to add personalized touches like attractive filters, charming stickers, colorful frames, and more.
- One thing is for certain, regardless of whether you are an avid traveler, social influencer, sentimental scrapbooker, or on-the-go photographer: printing images requires far too many steps. Printing full-color images is now more straightforward and less time-consuming than it ever was before, thanks to the Kodak Step printer.
- Simply pair the printer with any smart device that supports Bluetooth or NFC, and you’ll have breathtaking photo prints in full color in the palm of your hand in less than a minute. Zink Zero Ink technology eliminates the need for costly inks, toners, and ribbons, and it produces cool 2″x3″ photos that can be peeled and stuck to any surface.
- STUNNING ADVANCEMENTS IN ZERO-INK TECHNOLOGY: The creation of Zink does away with the necessity of purchasing pricey ink cartridges, toners, or ribbons. Sticky-back paper measuring 2 inches by 3 inches that has embedded dye crystals produces prints that are of high quality, durable, reasonably priced, and wonderfully detailed. These prints are also resistant to moisture, rips, tears, and smudges.
- The maximum number of pages that can be printed in black and white in one minute is one.