Janome HD1000 vs Singer 4452: The Janome HD1000 and Singer 4452 are both great options if you’re searching for a heavy-duty sewing machine. But which of the two is the best? We’ll compare the two products side by side in this Janome HD1000 vs. Singer 4452 comparison review to see which is the superior choice.
Janome HD1000 vs Singer 4452– Quick Comparison Summary
- Janome HD1000 comes with a dust cover, but Singer 4452 comes with a soft-sided dust cover.
- Compared to the pricey Janome HD1000, the Singer 4452 is more affordable.
Compared to the Janome HD1000, the Singer 4452 sewing machine is extremely popular on Amazon.
Singer 4452 dimensions are 6.25 x 15.5 x 12 inches, but Janome HD1000 dimensions are 18.25 x 8.5 x 15.25 inches.
Singer 4452 features top loading bobbins, but Janome HD1000 has front loading bobbins.
The maximum stitch width of the Janome HD1000 is 5mm, while the maximum stitch width of the Singer 4452 is 6mm.
Singer 4452 only has an automatic 1-step buttonhole, but Janome HD1000 has a 4-step buttonhole.
Singer 4452 has 32 built-in stitches while Janome HD1000 has 14 built-in stitches.
The Janome HD1000 and Singer 4452 both have some amazing features in common, like free arms, automatic needle threaders, and many others.
Singer 4452 has a maximum stitch speed of 1100, while Janome HD1000 has a maximum stitch speed of 860.
Janome HD1000 weighs 15 pounds, while Singer 4452 weighs 14.6 pounds.
14 Built-in Stitches
32 Built-in Stitches
Max Sewing Speed
Up to 5mm
Up to 6mm
Date First Available
October 11, 2008
December 6, 2014
Included Case Cover
Soft-Sided Dust Cover
Easy to Load Bobbin System
Front Loading Bobbin
Top Loading Bobbin
4 Step Buttonhole
Automatic 1-Step Buttonhole
Auto Needle Threader
18.25 x 8.5 x 15.25 inches
6.25 x 15.5 x 12 inches
How many threads per inch (tex) can this machine accommodate?
Can Leather be sewn with this machine?
Can it stitch fleece, polyester, and rayon?
What is this machine's weight? I am seeking for a portable device to bring to class.
Can it stitch leather?
I've never used a sewing machine before. How do I know what kind of needles this machine needs?
Is this something a beginner should be able to use? I heard that the speed of sewing is too fast for a beginner.
Will this machine blindstitch neoprene for a wetsuit that is 3 to 4 mm thick?
Amazon.com Description: Janome HD1000 vs Singer 4452
About this item – Janome HD1000 Heavy-Duty Sewing Machine with 14 Built-In Stitches
- The HD1000 has a free arm for sewing pants, cuffs, and collars, as well as a drop feed for darning, stippling, button attaching, and other free motion applications.
- Needle Plate with Needle Thread one-handed needle threader with clear needle plate markings at the common hem and seam allowance dimensions for easy threading.
- Stitches 14 Turn the stitch selection knobs to easily utilise any of the 14 built-in stitches or buttonholes.
- Storage for Accessories top-accessible storage tray for tools and accessories.
- HD1000 Janome sewing machine The Janome HD-1000 has a solid build and simple features for a consistent and fun stitching experience. This machine’s heavy, durable aluminium body structure makes it an excellent choice for the sewer who wants to work with a variety of materials and sewing kinds. Stitches for a variety of applications are provided by 14 stitches and a four-step buttonhole. Extras include a built-in needle threader and a storage tray.
- Arm Is Free Remove the accessory storage tray to reveal a free arm that can be used to stitch around narrow sections such as sleeves or pant hems.
- The Janome HD1000’s body is made of cast aluminium, and like the metal machines of yesteryear, the Janome HD1000 is built to last. It comes with a variety of accessories, including bobbins, felt, extra needles, two screwdrivers, a seam ripper/buttonhole ripper, a zipper foot, a hem guide, and a soft cover.
- 14 built-in stitches, including utility and stretch stitches, as well as a simple four-step buttonhole
- The Janome HD1000 even has an automatic needle threader built in, so you can thread your needle with ease and without straining your eyes.
About this item – SINGER | Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine , Gray
- High-Speed Sewing Machine: The Singer 4452 stitching machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches per minute, allowing for speedy project completion. Because it has a 60% stronger motor than normal sewing machines, it can sew through heavyweight fabrics with ease.
- Drop Feed Increases Capabilities To disengage the feed dogs, just flip the drop-feed lever. ideal for buttoning, darning socks and pants, and creative free-motion sewing.
- Automatic Needle Threader Sewing Machine: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature allows you to thread the eye of the needle without straining your eyes or becoming frustrated. Machine Dimensions: 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine comes with a slew of capabilities that make crafting gorgeous outfits and gifts for yourself and others a joy.
- The sewing machine has 32 built-in stitches, which include 6 basic, 7 stretch, 18 decorative, and 1 fully automatic 1-step buttonhole. a wide range of stitches for all forms of sewing, including crafts, home design, apparel fabrication, and much more. Sewing space of 6.25″ (needle to tower) and height of 4.25″
1-Step Automatic Buttonhole Buttonhole sewing is a straightforward, one-step method that yields consistent results every time. Simply place the button in the buttonhole foot, and the machine will sew a buttonhole exactly the right size for that button.
- Needle Threader on Autopilot Threading the machine is so simple that you can thread the entire machine in seconds, from the spool to the needle’s eye.
- Sewing space is 6.25″ (needle to tower) and the height is 4.25″.
- Metal Frame with Heavy Duty The sewing machine’s interior skeleton is made of heavy-grade metal. This robust support maintains the precise alignment of all mechanisms for skip-free sewing and overall durability.
- This sewing machine is only warranted for use in the United States and Canada at 110 volts. Amps (0.7) / Watts (84) / Volts (120V) / Hertz (60).
- Any cloth can benefit from 110 stitch applications.
- The Singer Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine is the best-selling sewing machine. The stainless steel bedplate allows for smooth fabric movement, and the heavy-duty inner metal structure prevents skips. The top drop-in bobbin is simple to insert, remove, and monitor thread supply with.