Janome HD3000 vs HD5000: What makes the Janome HD3000 and HD5000 different from one another in terms of heavy-duty sewing machines? The goal of this comparison review of the Janome HD3000 and HD5000 food preservation systems is to determine which is the best.
Janome HD3000 vs HD5000– Quick Comparison Summary
- When compared to the Janome HD5000, the Janome HD3000 is an extremely well-liked heavy-duty sewing machine on Amazon.
Both the Janome HD3000 and HD5000 have some amazing features in common, such as the hard cover included, the 6.5 mm max stitch width, the top loading full rotary hook bobbin, the 18 built-in stitches, the built-in needle threader, the 7-feed dog piece FREE ARM, and many more.
There is no difference in price between the Janome HD3000 and the Janome HD5000.
Janome HD3000 dimensions are 7.2 x 16 x 11.3 inches, while Janome HD5000 dimensions are 7 x 16 x 12 inches.
The Janome HD3000 offers foot pressure adjustment; the Janome HD5000 does not.
Janome HD3000 has 2 needle positions but Janome HD5000 only has 1.
The Janome HD3000 weighs 23.2 pounds, whereas the Janome HD5000 weighs 23.7 pounds.
Foot Pressure Adjustment
Date First Available
October 5, 2018
October 11, 2021
Built-in needle threader
Hard case Cover
Hard case Cover
Maximum Stitch Width
Feed Dog Piece
7.2 x 16 x 11.3 inches
7 x 16 x 12 inches
Can this machine handle jean seams that are thick?
What about keeping it up? How do you oil the parts and clean them?
Does this machine sew upholstery and Sunbrella? I am using the singer heavy duty right now.
Can this machine sew fabric that is very thin? looking for a sewing machine that can sew both thin and thick fabrics
What is the distinction between the HD 3000 and HD 5000? I'm wanting to buy something for my sister.
Is there a walking foot included with the Janome hd5000be?
Is it possible to stitch leather with this machine?
Is this machine only 110V?
Amazon.com Description: Janome HD3000 vs HD5000
About this item – Janome HD3000 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine w/Hard Case + 1/4″ Seam Foot + Blind Hem Foot + Overedge Foot + Rolled Hem Foot + Zipper Foot + Buttonhole Foot + Leather and Universal Needles + More!
- Turning a dial adjusts the presser foot pressure, so you can tailor your sewing to a wide range of fabric thicknesses. Accessory Pack Includes: Automatic Buttonhole “R” Foot, a Pack of Needles, Screwdriver, Small Screwdriver, Spool Holder (Large), Spool Holding Cleat, 1/4″ Seam Foot, 2 Packs of Leather Needles, a Pack of Universal Needles, a Pack of Bobbins, Blind Hem “G” Foot, Overedge “C” Foot, Rolled Hem “D” Foot, Zipper “E” Foot, and Buttonhole “B” Foot
- This Automatic Needle Threader eliminates eye strain!Put your frustrations to rest and use the automatic needle threader that comes standard. / Jam The bobbin system is a foolproof top-loading design, so you never have to worry about your threads tangling or your bobbins falling out of the machine. Jam -Proof
- To select a stitch, simply rotate the dial to the desired setting, at which point the selected stitch will be highlighted in red. The flip-up stitch panel allows quick access to the 18 preprogrammed stitches.
- The HD-3000 is an industrial-strength sewing machine well-suited for novices and experienced sewers alike. The machine’s top tray conceals a helpful instruction manual that details how to use the device, including where to find the appropriate feet and stitch settings for common projects.
- You’ll have everything you need to tackle any sewing project thanks to the machine’s heavy-duty aluminium body and 18 stitches, among which is a one-step buttonhole. The controls for adjusting the stitch’s length and width are conveniently placed on the machine’s front panel. Possibility of Using Your Arms Freely Full rotary hook, horizontal, painted aluminium body, 860 SPM top speed. 18 Stitches: The maximum width of a stitch is 6.5 mm, and the maximum length is 4 mm.
- Foot pressure can be adjusted in three stages using a dial on the sole of the shoe. The machine has a horizontal spool pin, a 7-piece feed dog, a drop feed, a reverse stitch lever, a push-pull bobbin winder, a stitch selection dial, and an extra-high presser foot lift.
About this item – Janome HD5000 Black Edition Heavy Duty Sewing Machine with Bonus Quilt Kit
- Additional Storage Storage tray with top access for tools and accessories To use the Free Arm for stitching around small parts like sleeves or pant hems, remove the accessory storage tray.
- Our goal is to create tools that encourage innovation and creativity while remaining user-friendly. We are aware that what you generate with our products—not the devices themselves—is what matters most.
- We build our machines with performance, comfort, quality, and simple operation in mind. Because releasing your creativity is the most crucial job our machines do at Janome America, we design our products to inspire rather than to intimidate.
- Pop-up stitch diagram The machine’s top tray door houses a helpful instruction manual that lists the appropriate feet and stitch settings for a number of stitching applications.
- The Janome HD-5000 Black Edition offers a remarkably robust design and user-friendly features for a durable and satisfying sewing experience. The sturdy aluminium body architecture of this machine makes it a fantastic option for sewers wishing to work with a variety of fabrics and sewing styles. A four-step buttonhole and 18 stitches offer stitches for a variety of uses. Even extras like a storage tray and an integrated needle threader are included.
- Needle Plate with Needle Thread Clear markings on the needle plate at standard hem and seam allowance measurements; one-handed needle threader for easy threading.