Keurig K Select vs K Classic: Which Keurig K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker is best? Both the Keurig K Select and the Keurig K Classic are great options. Learn more about our comparison. In this comparison analysis, we’ll compare and contrast the Keurig K Select with the Keurig K Classic to see which product is the best.
Keurig K Select vs K Classic – Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the Keurig K Select and the Keurig K Classic are two of the most popular coffee makers currently available on the market.
- The prices of the Keurig K Select and the Keurig K Classic are almost the same.
- While the Keurig K Classic only comes in three different cup sizes (6, 8, and 10 ounces), the Keurig K Select comes in four different cup sizes (6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces).
- In comparison, the Keurig K Classic has a huge 48-ounce water reservoir, and the Keurig K Select has a large 52-ounce water reservoir (which enables you to make 5 cups before needing to refill).
- While the Keurig K Select comes with a removable drip tray that fits a 7.2″ travel mug, the Keurig K Classic comes with a removable drip tray that fits a 7.1″ travel mug.
- Strong Brew and Quiet Brew Technology are two of the additional features available on the Keurig K Select, although the Keurig K Classic does not have these features.
- Both the Keurig K Select and the Keurig K Classic have a number of great features in common, including an automatic shut-off function, programmable controls, a removable tank, a brew time of one minute, the use of plastic construction, simple button controls, and much more.
- In comparison, the Keurig K Classic weighs 9 pounds, while the Keurig K Select weighs only 7.35 pounds.
- While the Keurig K Classic has dimensions of 9.8 inches deep by 13.3 inches wide and 13 inches high, the Keurig K Select has dimensions of 9.2 inches deep by 11.6 inches wide and 12.5% high.
Keurig K Select
Keurig K Classic
6, 8, 10, 12oz
6, 8, 10oz
Water Reservoir Size
Removable Drip Tray
Quiet Brew Technology
1 Minute Brew Time
9.2″D x 11.6″W x 12.5″H
9.8″D x 13.3″W x 13″H
Automatic Shut-Off, Programmable, Water Filter, Removable Tank
Programmable, Removable Tank, Auto Clean Function
Date First Available
September 1, 2017
December 2, 2015
Human Interface Input
Is this version 2.0?
What is the difference between a Keurig K-55 and a Keurig K-Select? I'm not sure which one to buy.
Is it possible for an 86-year-old to operate the K55?
Can I brew any kind of pod in this machine?
Where should the water filter be placed?
Is it possible to prepare iced tea with this model?
Does it include?
Can you use "pods" produced by companies other than Keurig?
What is the height of the coffee maker?
Does selecting a 10-ounce option rather than an 8-ounce one simply dilute the coffee?
Is there a temperature control on this unit?
There is a water filter accessible.
Is the K55 and K40 compatible with "all" K Cup brands? I do not desire an RFID-enabled model.
Amazon.com Description: Keurig K Select vs K Classic
About this item – Keurig K-Select Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker, Matte Black
- What’s in the box: One water filter handle and one filter to ensure your beverages taste the best they can.
- REMOVABLE DRIP TRAY: Holds a full unintentional brew for simple cleaning and fits travel mugs up to 7.4″ tall.
- MULTIPLE CUP SIZE BREWS: (6, 8, 10, 12 oz.) Enjoy the most popular cup sizes, all featuring Quiet Brew Technology, which reduces noise while in use.
- The matte black Keurig K-Select single-serve coffee maker combines a sleek appearance with more intuitive features to help you create the ideal cup every time. With the push of a button, you may prepare 6, 8, 10, or up to 12 oz. of your favorite coffee, tea, hot cocoa, or iced beverage.
- For those who want a stronger cup of coffee, the Keurig K-Select machine is ideal. The Strong Brew function increases the strength and intensity of your coffee, allowing you to experience a stronger brew. Choose from hundreds of delicious K-Cup pod flavors, or use the My-K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter (available separately) to make your own ground coffee. You can make 5 cups with the K-Select brewer between refills of the huge 52-oz. water tank.
- Strong Brew: Increases the strength and intensity of your coffee.
- BUTTON CONTROLS ARE SIMPLE: Simply insert a pod, choose your preferred cup brew size, and enjoy quick, fresh-made, excellent coffee in minutes.
- LARGE 52 oz. WATER RESERVOIR: Brews 5 cups before needing to refill, saving time and streamlining your morning routine. The removable reservoir makes refilling simple.
About this item – Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod, Single Serve, Programmable, 6 to 10 oz. Brew Sizes, Black
- 1) Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or not tamping the grounds adequately before brewing can all result in insufficient pressure for a decent brew. 2) It is crucial to remember that the amount of espresso extracted varies based on the grind size and amount, and reprogramming may be required if the size and amount are changed.
- Please read the user guide, user manual, or user guide (given in PDF below) before the first usage.
- Large 48-ounce water reservoir: brews 6+ cups before needing to be refilled, saving you time and streamlining your morning routine. The water reservoir is detachable, making it simple to replace as needed.
- Controls are as simple as a few buttons. Simply insert a pod, pick your preferred cup brew size, and make a delicious cup in under a minute.
brews a variety of k-cup pod sizes: The most common k-cup pod brew sizes are 6 ounces, 8 ounces, and 10 ounces. To make the strongest brew, use the 6-ounce brew size.
- Plastic is the fabric kind.
- K-Classic Keurig Coffee Maker Single Serving Pod Coffee Maker with K-Cups
- Every time, the Keurig K-Classic produces a rich, smooth, and delightful cup with the quality you expect from Keurig. Simple touch controls make brewing stress-free, and several K-Cup pod brew sizes ensure you get the right cup. Whether you want your coffee strong, light, decaf, or flavored, the Keurig K-Classic can make all of your favorites, and with a huge 48-ounce water reservoir, you can create six or more cups before needing to refill.
- Descaling is an essential step in cleaning your Keurig brewer. This procedure aids in the removal of calcium deposits, or scale, that can accumulate within a coffee maker over time.
Auto-off: An auto-off function may be easily configured to switch off your coffee maker after 2 hours of inactivity, therefore saving energy.