Kwikset Halo vs Schlage Encode: These two amazing smart locks each have a variety of benefits, but which is the superior model? We’ll find out which smart lock is the best in this Kwikset Halo vs Schlage Encode Comparison Study.
Kwikset Halo vs Schlage Encode – Quick Comparison Summary
The Schlage Encode is a very popular item on Amazon.
Kwikset Halo is less expensive than the competition.
Both the Kwikset Halo and the Schlage Encode are touchscreen deadbolts that have a smart lock with smart-key security that needs the use of Alexa.
Schlage Encode, on the other hand, only provides you with access to 100 unique user codes, whilst Kwikset Halo provides you with access to 250 unique user codes.
The Schlage Encode is equipped with built-in alarm technology, but the Kwikset Halo is without this function.
Both the Kwikset Halo and the Schlage Encode feature built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, enabling you to access them from any place while using your mobile to connect to the internet.
Kwikset Smart Lock
Schlage Smart Lock
Wi-Fi Smart Lock
Low Battery Indicator
4 AA batteries required. (included)
4 AA batteries required. (included)
3.99 x 4.24 x 9.74 inches
0.89 x 3 x 5 inches
Is this compatible with Echo Plus or does it require a separate hub?
Is the touch screen the only difference between the 99380-001 halo wi-fi smart lock keyless entry and the less priced kwikset 99380-001 halo wi-fi smart lock keyless entry?
I am now based in Athens, Greece. Will I be able to use and unlock the application, or does it just operate with firms or networks in the United States or Canada?
Is it compatible with 2 3/4" thick doors, and if so, which thick kit should I order? (I found two contradictory responses on this.)
Is there an auto-lock feature?
Will a pre-programmed code still function if there is a power outage?
Is the keypad lighted?
Is it possible to have two of them in my home, one for the front entrance and one for the back door?
About this item – Kwikset 99390-001 Halo Wi-Fi Smart Lock Keyless Entry Electronic Touchscreen Deadbolt Featuring SmartKey Security, Satin Nickel
- Wi-Fi enabled: Kwikset Halo smart lock is a Wi-Fi connected door lock that connects directly to your home Wi-Fi network and smartphone for a secure smart home that does not require a third party smart home hub, panel or subscription
- 250 customer user codes: Create up to 250 unique user codes for friends, family, or guests that you can disable, or delete from the Kwikset App; Set schedules for custom user codes from your smartphone using the Kwikset app as well
- Receive notifications: Receive notifications of your lock’s activity and view the lock event history from your smartphone using the Kwikset app
- SmartKey security: Protects against advanced break-in techniques and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds
- Secure screen: Patented security feature for Kwikset touchscreen deadbolts that prevents on-screen fingerprint user code identification by employing random digits prior to entering a personal user code
- Voice assistant: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Kwikset products compatible with the Kwikset App only work in the United States and Canada
About this item – Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt with Century Trim in Matte Black
- Smart lock with Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere – no additional accessories required. Pair with the Schlage home app or Key by Amazon app to create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family for recurring, temporary or permanent access
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Check the status of your lock and lock / unlock your door. In addition, Alexa will let you know when your battery is running low or set-up smart reorders through Amazon Dash Replenishment so you always have replacement batteries when needed.
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking. Optional voice control offers hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled products. Security/ANSI Grade : ANSI Grade 1 (Best)
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator offers advanced warning for battery replacement
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver. Unique snap ‘n stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation