Liftmaster 8900W vs 8500W: What distinguishes the Liftmaster 8900W and 8500W from one another as Jackshaft garage door operators? Discovering which Liftmaster 8900W or Liftmaster 8500W is the best Jackshaft garage door operator is the goal of this comparative review.
Liftmaster 8900W vs 8500W– Quick Comparison Summary
- The Liftmaster 8500W can be used with the timer to control it; however, the Liftmaster 8900W cannot be used with the timer.
- If you have a Liftmaster 8500W, you can use your smartphone to control this device; if you have a Liftmaster 8900W, you cannot use your smartphone to control this.
When compared to the Liftmaster 8900W, the Liftmaster 8500W comes in at a lower price due to several additional features.
Liftmaster 8900W weighs 30.8 pounds, compared to 11 pounds for Liftmaster 8500W.
While the Liftmaster 8900W does not have built-in wifi, the Liftmaster 8500W does.
Compared to the Liftmaster 8900W, the Liftmaster 8500W is a much more popular Jackshaft garage door operator on Amazon.
The dimensions of the Liftmaster 8900W are 27.7 x 11.9 x 9.9 inches, while the dimensions of the Liftmaster 8500W are 7.5 x 7.9 x 21.5 inches.
The Liftmaster 8500W is suitable for both home and commercial settings, while the Liftmaster 8900W is designed exclusively for use in a business setting.
built in wifi
Smart Phone Control
Compatible With The Timer To Control
Residential And Commercial
Maximum Weight Capacity
Maximum Door Height
Maximum Door Width
27.7 x 11.9 x 9.9 inches
7.5 x 7.9 x 21.5 inches.
Does this have a remote control? It is not quite clear.
Will this fully open a 17'1" door that is 13' wide?
Is this kit complete with mounting hardware, sprockets, and other components for installation on a new roll-up door?
Is a remote included, as shown in the picture and description?
Why isn't the liftmaster 8500w compatible with low clearance tracks?
Is this going to work for everyone?
Will the wifi/app function without the need for additional services?
How much room is required between the ceiling and the centre line of the shaft?
Amazon.com Description: Liftmaster 8900W vs 8500W
About this item – LIFTMASTER 8900W (and 1-891LM) LIGHT-DUTY COMMERCIAL JACKSHAFT OPERATOR W/BUILT-IN WI-FI FOR SECTIONAL DOORS LJ8900W…
- maximum door size Up to 14 feet is the maximum height for a door. Up to 18 feet is the maximum width for the door. Max Square Footage: 180 Sq. Ft.Required headroom clearance is 3 inches, measured from the centre of the torsion bar. MAX. DOOR WEIGHT: 850 lbs.
- WHAT COMES STANDARD Cable Tension Monitor for Commercial Door Operator (LJ8900W) (#48) (041A6104) Control Panel with Push-Button Controls for Chain and Sprocket (APBS1) Sensors for the Protector System’s Emergency Braking and Reversing Optional Accessories (Sold Separately) 827LM MyQ Remote Led Light may be controlled by the operator automatically and can be used in conjunction with the MyQ App.
- When the power goes out, the operator can be powered up by the 485 LM battery backup capacity. When the door is closed, the 841LM automatic door lock will automatically lock the door with a deadbolt. 480LMB Alternate Mounting Kit that is designed to be used on doors that have a short headroom (less than 3 inches) or impediments near the end of the torsion bar.
- For dependable operation in outdoor environments, the KPW5 and KPW250 wireless keypads feature electronics that have been sealed to NEMA 4X standards.
- Warning Product Videos for Residents of California Regarding Proposition 65
- Included in the package is a remote control transmitter model 1-891LM for Security+. Rolling code technology provides access control for the 2.0 version of the building.
- The commercial-grade design of the robust LJ8900W boasts a steel chassis and a strong plastic cover for further durability.
About this item – LiftMaster Elite Series 8500W Jackshaft Garage Door Operator, WiFi
- maintains an extremely low operating volume by preventing the transmission of sound and vibrations to the ceiling.
- This model from the Elite Series is completely outfitted with safety features. 2.0, myq
- Roll-up doors, low headroom tracks, and Wayne Dalton torquemasters are incompatible with this product. Torsion bar suspension with a front mount is a requirement.
- Our P3 motors provide performance that is dependable, long-lasting, and extremely powerful.
- This modern device’s space-saving design allows it to be installed on the wall next to your garage door, liberating ceiling space.
- This modern and efficient design may be mounted on the wall next to your garage door, so freeing up room in the ceiling. This model from the Elite Series is completely outfitted with safety features. 2.0, myq Our P3 motors provide performance that is dependable, long-lasting, and extremely powerful.
- Maintains an extremely low operating volume by preventing the transmission of sound and vibrations to the ceiling. Roll-up doors, low headroom tracks, and Wayne Dalton torquemasters are incompatible with this product. Torsion bar suspension with a front mount is a requirement.