Merkur 34C vs 33C: What makes the Merkur 34C and Merkur 33C different from one another in terms of Razor with Heavy Duty? The purpose of this comparison study of the Merkur 34C vs. Merkur 33C razors is to determine which razor has the best heavy duty.
Merkur 34C vs 33C – Quick Comparison Summary
Merkur 33C is less expensive than Merkur 34C, which is more expensive.
The overall weight (range) of a Merkur 34C is 77 grams, while the overall weight (range) of a Merkur 33C is only 56 grams.
Merkur 33C dimensions are 4.75 x 1.8 x 1, whereas Merkur 34C dimensions are 2 x 4 x 4 inches.
Merkur 34C Handle Diameter (Range) is 11.6 mm (0.46 inches), whereas Merkur 33C Handle Diameter (Range) is 9.6 mm (0.38 inches).
Whereas Merkur 33C weighs 0.15 pounds, Merkur 34C weighs 0.13 pounds.
When compared to the Merkur 33C, the Merkur 34C is a much more popular razor with heavy duty on Amazon.
Merkur 34C and Merkur 33C both have a straight comb, brilliant chrome, a closed comb head, and many other fantastic features in common.
The length of the Merkur 34C razor is 83.3 millimeters (or 3.28 inches), but the length of the Merkur 33C razor is 84.6 millimeters (or 3.33 inches).
Merkur 34C has a handle length (range) of 75 mm, while Merkur 33C has a handle length (range) of 77.5 mm.
Handle Length (Range)
83.3 mm / 3.28 inches
84.6mm / 3.33 inches
Overall Weight (Range)
Handle Diameter (Range)
11.6 mm/0.46 inches
Number of Pieces
Number of Blades
Finish / Colors / Model Number
Open or Closed Comb Head
2 x 4 x 4 inches
4.75 x 1.8 x 1 inches
What are the benefits of having such a short handle?
Does the blade come with this razor?
Is this the model Merkur 34c HD?
Where is this blade produced?
Will this razor promote ingrown hairs on curly haired people?
Is this the same razor as the Mekur 34c? If so, why are the other ones priced higher on Amazon?
Is it possible to remove the handle?
Are there any female users? How does it stack up against other store-bought razors?
Amazon.com Description:Merkur 34C vs 33C
About this item – Merkur Mk – 34c Double Edge Razor with Heavy Duty Short Handle
This product’s success has resulted in it being sold under a variety of different names throughout the years, including Merkur HD, Merkur Heavy Duty, or 34C, as well as combinations of any and all of those names. It’s the same product across the board, and it hasn’t changed at all since we started selling it.
This razor has a two-piece construction and employs all regular double-edge blades to provide a close and comfortable shave. Additionally, the blades are all double-sided. Replacement blades are available.
Due to the fact that it ranks in the middle of the aggressiveness scale, it is consistently the first option for beginner wet shavers. On the other hand, it is not overly harsh, which is why even seasoned veterans of traditional shaving enjoy using it.
Investing in this would make you financially secure for the rest of your life…and you could even give it to your grandchild. As long as you clean it in accordance with the instructions provided by the manufacturer, it should survive for decades.
The Merkur 34 C Heavy Duty Safety Razor is a two-piece DE razor with a chrome finish. This razor is one of our most sought-after products. The ergonomically sound handle measures around three inches in length and features a stronger grip that is knurled to prevent slipping.
Although it is shorter than something like a Fusion, the lesser length actually makes it more maneuverable and is characteristic of older Gillette models. One of the most well-known products available for wet shaving on the market today.
About this item – Merkur Classic Straight Safety Razor, MK-33C
- The length of the ergonomically sound handle is roughly 3 inches. In addition to that, the handle is knurled, which provides a textured grip that prevents slipping.
- Those who are just getting started with wet shaving will find this to be an excellent razor. However, it is also a favorite among seasoned shavers since it provides a close and comfortable shave.
- Merkur had already manufacturing blade edges long before the safety razor was even conceived of. Merkur has been at the forefront of sharpness since its founding in 1896.
- Now they have a reputation all around the world for producing great grooming equipment for men. Try your hand at shaving with the well-known Merkur 33C Classic Safety Razor.
- Merkur’s traditional safety razor, plated in chrome and featuring a knurled grip; three-piece construction for quick and simple blade replacement
- The 33C is a chrome-plated, 3-piece double edge razor that mimics the appearance of a classic grooming staple. The chrome protects against corrosion and lends both durability and shine to the surface! In addition, the design is a timeless three-piece construction.
- The two head plates sandwich the blade between them and are held in place by the handle’s screws. As a result, you can easily replace your razor’s blade with a brand-new one that won’t break the bank whenever you need a clean shave.
- To choose which of our blade sampler packs is best suited to your needs, we recommend giving one of them a try.