Motorola MB7621 vs Arris SB6183: What’s The Difference?
When it comes to choosing a modem, the Motorola MB7621 and Arris SB6183 are two of the best options available. The Motorola MB7621 is a cable modem that has a download speed of up to 900 Mbps And is 24X8 DOCSIS 3.0 certified, meaning that it can support speeds up to 1 Gbps. The Arris SB6183 is also a DOCSIS 3.0 certified modem that has a download speed of up to 686 Mbps It has 16×4 channel bonding, which means that it can support speeds up to 1 Gbps.
Overall, both of these modems are great options, but the Motorola MB7621 is a slightly better option because it has a higher download speed and it is DOCSIS 3.0 certified.
- The Motorola MB7621 is a popular cable modem on Amazon, compared to the Arris SB6183. The MB7621 has a higher data throughput than the SB6183, making it a better choice for gamers and other high-bandwidth users. The Motorola MB7621 And Arris SB6183 Both support DOCSIS 3.0.
- Arris SB6183 is cheaper than Motorola MB7621 because it has a less advanced version, while the latter has some extra features that make it more expensive. Nonetheless, both are good options when it comes to choosing a modem.
- The Motorola MB7621 supports internet plans with speeds up to 900 Mbps, while the Arris SB6183 Supports up to 686 Mbps. So, if you are looking for a modem that can offer you the fastest possible speeds, then the MB7621 is the better option. However, if you are on a budget and don’t need quite as much speed, then the SB6183 will still be a good choice.
- The Motorola MB7621 DOCSIS 24X8 Channel Bonding modem is better than the Arris SB6183 DOCSIS 16X4 because it has more channels that can be bonded together. This means that it can theoretically provide faster speeds, although in practice the difference may not be noticeable.
- The Motorola MB7621 and Arris SB6183 share some great features, such as 1 gigabit Ethernet port, compatibility with any wifi router that has an ethernet WAN port, and a 2-year limited warranty. In addition, they both weigh around 1 pound.
- Arris SB6183 is much easier to set up and manage, thanks to the SURFboard central app. Motorola MB7621 doesn’t have a similar app, making it more difficult to manage.
- The Motorola MB7621 is a bit larger than the Arris SB6183, with dimensions of 7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches compared to 5.25 x 2.17x 5 inches for the latter model. However, both modems are still relatively compact and shouldn’t take up too much space in your home.
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Maximum Internet Download Speed (Actual speeds are lower)
DOCSIS Channel Bonding
24×8 DOCSIS 3.0
16 X 4 DOCSIS 3.0
Built-in WiFi Router
Works With Any WiFi Router That Has an Ethernet WAN port
Item Dimensions LxWxH
7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches
5.25 x 2.17 x 5 inches
Date First Available
December 20, 2017
July 31, 2014
This modem's four Ethernet ports produce the same amount of bandwidth, or do just select ports run at their maximum capacity?
Confirming that despite extra LAN ports, only one device may be connected to the modem. You cannot connect your computer and a router at the same time.
I require wifi as well; what do you recommend?
ARRIS/Motorola supports firmware updates for the 6183 via consumer PC downloads? If not, then why?
What distinguishes this modem, the SB6183, from its predecessor, the SB80?
Do the majority of customers require such a quick cable modem? Is Comcast performance available?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MB7621 vs Arris SB6183
About this item – Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 900 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
- The 1 Gigabit Ethernet connector on this cable modem connects to a WiFi network, computer, HDTV, gaming console, or streaming video device.
- Excellent compatibility with whole home WiFi or mesh networks, such as eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. This cable modem does not have a wireless router or the capacity to make phone calls.
- The Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 are equipped with an integrated wireless router. compatible with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and many cable service providers.
- Annual cable modem leasing costs of up to $156 can be avoided. Savings are displayed for Xfinity and vary by cable company. No cable modem is compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others’ fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services. The MB7621 does not have a phone jack.).
- It requires cable Internet service for true cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps, the MB7621 model is suggested. According to Wirecutter, this is “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner guarantees a more dependable and rapid Internet connection.
About this item – ARRIS Surfboard SB6183 Cable Modem, White
- Use DOCSIS 3.0 technology to combine up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels. The ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 enhances your personal media experience while providing high-speed internet access.
- Setup has never been easier. Simply install the modem by downloading the SURFboard Central app and following the step-by-step instructions.
- No longer will you need to contact your internet service provider to activate your modem. Surfboard Central guides you through this procedure to get you up and running as soon as possible.
- Up to 686 Mbps download and 131 Mbps upload speeds are available (speeds based on your cable Internet service provider). compatible with the majority of U.S. cable services.
- IPv4 and IPv6 Internet standards are supported. It is optimal for plans with speeds up to 400 Mbps. Stop paying money each month on rent. The SURFboard SB6183 gives your home network power.
- With DOCSIS 3.0 technology, up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels may be bonded. It requires cable internet service. If you are uncertain about your service, please confirm with your cable provider.
- The SURFboard SB6183 is a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem that can bind up to 16 downstream channels and 4 upstream channels.