Motorola MB7621 vs Arris SB6190: Comparison And Differences, Similarities
When it comes to choosing a modem, there are many different factors that you need to take into account. But two of the most important ones are speed and compatibility. In this article, we will be comparing the Motorola MB7621 vs Arris SB6190 modems to help you decide which one is right for you.
Speed is measured in Mbps (megabits per second), and it is important to get a modem that can support your current or desired internet speed. Compatibility is also important because not all modems are compatible with all routers. So make sure to check both of these factors before making your decision.
- The Motorola MB7621 cable modem is a huge popular among customers on Amazon compared to the surfboard Arris SB6190. The Motorola MB7621 has more than 23,600+ customer reviews on Amazon with a 4.5-star rating, while the Arris SB6190 has just over 4,877+ customer reviews and a 4.4-star rating.
- Motorola’s MB7621 and Arris’ SB6190 prices are almost the same because they have almost the same features. If you are looking for a modem with the best bang for your buck, then either of these two would be a great choice.
- The Arris SB6190 is a great choice for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem as it has 32 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels. This allows for faster speeds and more bandwidth for streaming and gaming. The Motorola MB7621 is also a good choice, as it has 24 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels. This gives you slightly less bandwidth but is still plenty for most users.
- Motorola’s new MB7621 cable modem supports internet speeds up to 900 Mbps, while Arris’ SB6190 supports plans up to 800 Mbps. But if you’re not currently on a plan that fast, or if your ISP doesn’t offer speeds that high in your area, you’re better off with the Arris modem.
Both Motorola MB7621 and Arris SB6190 share some great features, such as:
-1 Gigabit Ethernet Ports
-Works with any Wifi Router that has an Ethernet WAN port
-No Telephone Ports
These modems are both great choices for those in need of a high-quality, reliable modem. However, there are a few key differences to consider before making your final decision.
- There is a noticeable weight difference between the Motorola MB7621 and the Arris SB6190 modems. The Motorola MB7621 weighs in at 1.12 pounds, while the Arris SB6190 only clocks in at one pound.
- The Motorola MB7621 is 7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches, while the Arris SB6190 is 7.15×4.5×6.11 inches
- The dimensions of these two modems differ in terms of height and width, with the Motorola MB7621 being taller and wider than the Arris SB6190
DOCSIS Channel Bonding
24×8 DOCSIS 3.0
32×8 DOCSIS 3.0
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Works With Any WiFi Router That Has an Ethernet WAN port
Cable Plans Up to
7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches
7.15 x 4.5 x 6.11 inches
Date First Available
December 20, 2017
April 12, 2017
Built-in wireless router.
Does this modem's four Ethernet ports all send out the same amount of bandwidth, or do only some of them work at their fullest capacity?
Confirming that, even though the modem has more than one LAN port, only one device can be connected to it? you can't, say, connect your computer and a router at the same time?
I also need wifi, what do you recommend?
Will it work with MAC filtering?
Is anyone on spectrum extreme internet? Did you get faster speed without upgrading your account or internet service?
Is the sb1690 model good for 400 or 600 mbps internet plans?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MB7621 vs Arris SB6190
About this item – Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 900 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
- With the quick start guide, setting up is quick and easy. It requires cable Internet service.
approved by and can be used with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and other cable service providers.
- Save up to 156 dollars per year on cable modem rental fees.Savings are shown for Xfinity, but they can be different for other cable companies. No cable modem works with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and other providers’ fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services. The MB7621 doesn’t have a phone jack.)
- The 1 Gigabit Ethernet port on this cable modem lets you connect it to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game console, or device for streaming video.
- It’s great to use with whole home WiFi or mesh networks like eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. This cable modem does not come with a wireless router or the ability to make phone calls. All of Motorola’s MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 have a wireless router built in.
- For real cable Internet speeds of up to 650 Mbps, the MB7621 model is recommended. According to Wirecutter, this is “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner makes sure that the Internet is faster and more reliable.
About this item – ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Approved for Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others (Black), 800 Mbps Internet Plan
- DOCSIS 3.0 is the best cable modem for plans with speeds up to 800 Mbps. With the SURFboard Central app, you can easily set up your modem.
- Compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity, and other major cable Internet providers in the United StatesIt is not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink, or any other DSL or fiber internet provider.
- The SB6190 is a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem that can bond up to 32 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels.
- It works best with speeds of up to 800 Mbps.
One Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a Wi-Fi router or other device; DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels.
- Internet service through cable is needed. It does not include Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service.
- Also, when you buy your modem, you not only get the most up-to-date technology for your home network, but you also save money on modem rental fees. Get your own modem and start saving right away.
- Setup has never been easier. To get your modem up and running, all you have to do is download the SURFboard Central app and follow the step-by-step instructions.