Motorola MB7621 vs Motorola MB8600: When it comes to options for computer networking modems, both the Motorola MB7621 and the Motorola MB8600 are quite good alternatives. Nevertheless, which one is superior? In this article, we will compare the Motorola MB7621 with the Motorola MB8600 in an effort to establish which of these two products is the superior option.
Motorola MB7621 vs Motorola MB8600 – Quick Comparison Summary
The Motorola MB8600 and the Motorola MB7621 are the same product with slightly different models, and both are incredibly well-liked cable modems on Amazon.com.
The Motorola MB7621 is more affordable, while the Motorola MB8600 is more costly.
While the Motorola MB7621 supports DOCSIS 3.0 24×8 cable modem and can achieve speeds of up to 900 Mbps, the Motorola MB8600 is capable of achieving speeds of up to 1000 Mbps and features DOCSIS 3.1 32×8 cable modem support.
Both the Motorola MB7621 and the Motorola MB8600 have one Gigabit Ethernet port, as well as no built-in WiFi router or telephone ports, and they are compatible with any WiFi router that includes an Ethernet WAN port. Additionally, their weight is nearly identical at 1.1 ounces each.
Internet service provider
Time Warner Cable, Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Cox
Optimum, Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
DOCSIS Channel Bonding
24×8 DOCSIS 3.0
DOCSIS 3.1 plus 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0
Recommended by Comcast Xfinity for Internet Service This Speed Tier or Below
Built-in WiFi Router
Built-in Telephone Port
Works With Any WiFi Router That Has an Ethernet WAN port
GigE Ethernet port
YES – 1
This modem's four Ethernet ports produce the same amount of bandwidth, or do just select ports run at their maximum capacity?
I require wifi as well; what do you recommend?
Rapid start According to its guide, it lacks wifi functionality and a router. Therefore, can I access xfinitywifi wirelessly?
Confirming that despite extra LAN ports, only one device may be connected to the modem. You cannot connect your computer and a router at the same time.
What is the most ideal router to complement the MB8600?
Can someone confirm whether or not this modem is compatible with Mediacom's 1 gig service? If it hasn't been approved, might it still function?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MB7621 vs Motorola MB8600
About this item – Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 900 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
- For true cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps, the MB7621 model is suggested. According to Wirecutter, this is “the best modem for most people.”
- A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner guarantees a more dependable and rapid Internet connection.
- The 1 Gigabit Ethernet connector on this cable modem connects to a WiFi network, computer, HDTV, gaming console, or streaming video device.
- Excellent compatibility with Whole Home WiFi or Mesh networks, such as eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. This cable modem does not have a wireless router or the capacity to make phone calls.
- The Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 are equipped with an integrated wireless router.) Compatible with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and many cable service providers.
- Eliminate cable modem rental payments up to 156 dollars each year. (Savings are displayed for Xfinity and vary by cable company.
- No cable modem is compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others’ fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services. Model MB7621 has no phone jack.) Requires cable Internet service.
About this item – Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem – Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum, Supports Cable Plans up to 1000 Mbps | 1 Gbps Ethernet Port
- Top Internet Speeds for All Tiers of Multi-Gigabit Bandwidth- According to Wirecutter, this device is the finest cable modem for individuals with Gigabit internet subscriptions.
- DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 with 32×8 capabilities provide the fastest Internet speeds for all cable Internet providers.
- Eliminate the need for cable modem rentals and save up to 168 dollars per year. (The savings displayed are for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable provider.) Approved for all speeds, including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast, by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne.
- incompatibility with RCN. (No cable modem is compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others’ fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services.).
- Compatibility with any Wi-Fi router, including Whole Home Wi-Fi and Mesh routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi. A 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port permits the connection of ANY SINGLE Ethernet-capable device, such as a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or gaming console. This cable modem lacks a wireless router and telephone calling capabilities.
- Proactive Network Security- A Broadcom chipset offers superior protection against denial-of-service assaults.