Motorola MB7621 vs Netgear CM600: Which of the Motorola MB7621 and Netgear CM600 is the best option for a cable modem? We are attempting to decide which product is superior when contrasting the Motorola MB7621 and the Netgear CM600.
Motorola MB7621 vs Netgear CM600 – Quick Comparison Summary
When compared to the Netgear CM600 on Amazon.com, the Motorola MB7621 is an extremely popular cable modem.
While the Netgear CM600 is more affordable, the Motorola MB7621 is a bit more costly.
The maximum download speed for the Motorola MB7621 is up to 650 Mbps, whereas the maximum download speed for the Netgear CM600 is up to 300 Mbps.
Both the Motorola MB7621 and the Netgear CM600 have several of the same features. These features include a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port with 24×8 Channel Bonding, no built-in Wifi Router, and the ability to work with any WiFi Router that has an Ethernet WAN Port.
The Motorola MB7621 has dimensions of 7.25 inches by 2.25 inches by 7.88 inches, but the NetGear CM600 has dimensions of 8.47 inches by 9.97 inches by 3.78 inches.
DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding
Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility
Works With Any Wi-Fi Router
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
Telephone Voice Ports
Internet service provider
Time Warner Cable, Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Cox
Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
Do all four Ethernet ports on this modem produce the same amount of bandwidth, or do some only work at full capacity?
Confirming that, despite multiple LAN ports, only one device may be linked to the modem?
What do you recommend for wifi as well?
Is there a router integrated into this modem?
Is this compatible with Spectrum or U Verse IP?
Is WiFi available with this modem?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MB7621 vs Netgear CM600
About this item – Motorola MB7621 Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 900 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0
- Internet access through cable is required.
The 1 Gigabit Ethernet connector on this cable modem connects to a WiFi network, computer, HDTV, gaming console, or streaming video device.
- Excellent for use with whole home WiFi or mesh networks such as eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. (This cable modem does not have a wireless router or the capacity to make phone calls.) A wireless router is incorporated inside the Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700.
- For genuine cable Internet service speeds of up to 650 Mbps, the model MB7621 is suggested. According to Wirecutter, this is “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner guarantees quicker and more dependable Internet access.
- Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1-approved, as well as Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and other cable service providers.
- You can save up to 156 dollars per year on cable modem rental fees. (Savings for Xfinity are given; savings vary per cable service provider.) No cable modem is compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, or other providers’ fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services. (The MB7621 does not have a phone jack.)
About this item – NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600 – Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 400 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0 | 24×8
- All of this adds up to a recipe for quickness and dependability, with little interruption throughout our house.
- I studied Netgear’s product offerings and guarantees (along with a slew of other brands and models at various price points), as well as hundreds of reviews.
- More than a dozen providers are supported: Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Internet access through cable is required.
- a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with a 1 Gigabit Ethernet portDOCSIS 3.0 provides 8 times higher download rates than DOCSIS 2.0.
Only Verizon, AT&T, and CenturyLink cable modems are compatible (no WiFi router).
supports cable internet plans with rates of up to 400Mbps, delivering fast, dependable internet access for HD streaming and other activities.
- Supported memory: 8 MB of NOR flash and 128 MB of RAM Cable Internet service options with speeds of up to 300Mbps are available. All speed packages up to 500 Mbps are recommended. WiFi requires a separate router.
- Bonding of the 24×8 channels Netgear did an excellent job of bringing out the essential performance-related data and product features in an easy-to-read and understand format. It’s ideal for streaming 4K UHD video, quick downloads, and speedy online gaming.