Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1200: Which of the two cable modem options—the Netgear CM1200 and the Motorola MB8600—is the best? In this article, we will compare the Motorola MB8600 with the Netgear CM1200 in an effort to establish which of these two products is the superior option.
Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1200– Quick Comparison Summary
- Both the Motorola MB8600 and the Netgear CM1200 have some of the same excellent features, such as DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 channel bond, all major cable providers and Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, and COX, and much more.
Because of all of its additional features, the Netgear CM1200 is significantly more expensive than the Motorola MB8600.
While the Netgear CM1200 only offers a one-year warranty, the Motorola MB8600 comes with a warranty good for two years.
Compared to the Netgear CM1200 cable modem, the Motorola MB8600 is extremely popular on Amazon.
The dimensions of the Motorola MB8600 are 7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches, while the Netgear CM1200 is 6.1 x 3.4 x 10.3 inches.
The Motorola MB8600 Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility is up to 1000 Mbps, whereas the Netgear CM1200 Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility is up to 2Gbps.
While the Netgear CM1200 weighs 1.95 pounds, the Motorola MB8600 weighs just 1.09 pounds.
The Motorola MB8600 has a single Gbps Ethernet port, but the Netgear CM1200 has four 1G Ethernet ports.
Motorola Netgear CM1200
Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility
Up To 1000 Mbps
Up to 2Gbps
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
4 x 1G (with multi-gig port aggregation)
Date First Available
May 17, 2017
April 22, 2019
Cable Provider Compatibility
All Major Cable Providers, incl. COX, Spectrum, Xfinity
All Major Cable Providers, incl. COX, Spectrum, Xfinity
DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 Channel Bonding
DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 Channel Bonding, OFDM 2×2
7.25 x 2.25 x 7.88 inches
6.1 x 3.4 x 10.3 inches
Do all four Ethernet ports on this modem output the same amount of bandwidth, or do some only operate at full capacity?
Is this powered by the now-infamous Intel Puma 6 chipset?
I also require wifi; what do you suggest?
What chipset does the mb7621 use? Intel, Broadcom, or another?
Why does your description mention 4x ethernet ports when there is just 1?
Can you connect your computer directly to the router using one wan port on the cm1200 and residential cable internet from Xfinity?
Is there support for more than one Router Output or only one?
Does the Netgear Nighthawk raxe500 router work with it?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MB8600 vs Netgear CM1200
About this item – Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem – Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum, Supports Cable Plans up to 1000 Mbps | 1 Gbps Ethernet Port
- All Multi-Gigabit Speed Tiers’ Fastest Internet Speeds – This device is the finest cable modem according to Wirecutter for users of gigabit internet plans. For all cable Internet providers, built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 capabilities provide the fastest possible internet rates.
- Save money by skipping the annual cable modem leasing fees of up to 168 dollars. Savings vary by cable service provider and are displayed for Comcast Xfinity.) All speeds, including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast, are approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne. not appropriate for RCN.
- Fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services provided by Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and other providers are not compatible with any cable modem.
- Flexible Compatibility – Connect to any Wi-Fi router of your choice, including mesh or whole-home routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi.
- Any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port, whether a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or gaming console, can be connected to a 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port. There is no built-in wireless router or phone calling feature on this cable modem.
- Network security that is proactive – A broadcom chipset offers high protection against denial-of-service attacks.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) – Active Queue Management considerably lowers Internet latency on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services, resulting in faster page loading for all Web traffic and improved interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. In order to increase speed and conserve energy, the MB8600 also comes with a full-band capture digital tuner.
- choosing cable Internet service is a wise decision Eliminate monthly charges for renting a cable modem – reduces the cost of renting an Xfinity cable modem by about $156 annually. Your service provider will determine your actual savings.
- Maximum actual Internet download speed: 1,000+ Mbps A high-speed cable connection to any router, computer, or other Internet-enabled device can be made using a GigE Ethernet connector.
- Any WiFi router can be connected. Easily plugs into any router to provide all of your WiFi and Ethernet-capable devices access to the Internet. This cable modem can be paired with whatever router you choose for your WiFi requirements thanks to the flexible approach, such a mesh network or a gaming router.
- The Ethernet port on the MB8600 can be plugged into a computer, HDTV, game console, or other Ethernet device if it isn’t being utilised for a router.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200 – Compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | For Cable Plans Up to 2 Gigabits | 4 x 1G Ethernet ports | DOCSIS 3.1, Black
- Compatible with all significant cable internet providers and capable of 2Gbps download speeds. presently accredited by Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox (up to 1Gbps) (up to 800Mbps). With these service providers, future speeds could alter over time. Not compatible with any bundled voice service, Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, or DISH
- Utilizes any WiFi router: To support all of your wireless devices, connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port.
- Reduce monthly rent payments: Your cable modem is replaced by the Model CM1200, which reduces your annual equipment rental costs by up to $168.
- You may quickly connect your computer, separate WiFi router, printer, game console, and other devices with the four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- cellular technology 32×8 channel bonding, OFDM 2×2, and DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-gig ethernet were all used in the engineering: Link aggregation increases wired ethernet speed by combining two 1G connections into a single 2G port.
- Please verify that your cable Internet service provider offers DOCSIS 3.1 service and that it is compatible with the data speed tiers on their website before using this modem; otherwise, it will only function as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. With cable bundled voice services incompatibility
- Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1 (CM1200), Ethernet cable, Quick installation guide, and Power adaptor are all included.
- Link aggregation is supported by NETGEAR’s Nighthawk Multi-Gig speed Cable Modem to give actual Multi-Gig Internet speeds. Your internet connections will be improved, and online gaming and streaming will go smoothly.
- This DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem is prepared for the service plans offered by Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox today as well as any upcoming updates.