Motorola MG7550 vs Netgear Nighthawk C7000: Both the Motorola MG7550 and the Netgear Nighthawk C7000 are excellent choices for WiFi Router Combos, but which one is the best? When comparing the Netgear Nighthawk C7000 and the Motorola MG7550, we are trying to determine which is the better product.
Motorola MG7550 vs Netgear Nighthawk C7000 – Quick Comparison Summary
The Motorola MG7550 is an older version of the 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with a built-in AC1900 dual band, whereas the NetGear Nighthawk C7000 is the most recent version of the DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem with 32 x 8 channel bonding (DOCSIS 3.1).
The Motorola MG7550 and the Netgear Nighthawk C7000 both have a maximum wireless speed of 1900 Mbps on their respective networks.
NetGear Nighthawk C7000 cable plants can deliver up to 800 MBPS, but Motorola MG7550 cable plants can only deliver up to 300 Mbps.
The Motorola MG7550 is less expensive, whereas the NetGear Nighthawk C7000 is more expensive.
When compared to the Motorola MG7550, the NetGear Nighthawk C7000 is extremely popular on Amazon.
When it comes to ports, the NetGear Nighthawk C7000 features four gigabit ethernet ports as well as two USB ports, whereas the Motorola MG7550 has four gigabit ethernet ports but no USB port.
Netgear Nighthawk C7000
Recommended by Comcast Xfinity for Internet Service This Speed Tier or Below
Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps).
Maximum Internet Download Speed (Actual speeds are lower)
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
YES (DOCSIS 3.1)
10.9 x 10.2 x 2.8 inches
9.6 x 8.3 x 1.7 inches
OTHER POST => Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 920 vs 930 – Comparison And Review
The range, according to the sellers, is outstanding. What is the exact range of this router? Please provide numbers. Before I invest any money, I need to know the facts.
Is this a modem with 32 bands?
How simple is it to set up this device? Is it necessary for me to contact my provider (Comcast)?
Which cable modem is the most effective? c7000 or c7000v2 are two different models of the c7000.
We subscribe to Comcast and utilise their phone service. Is there a jack available so we can continue, or will our phone connection be lost?
Is this router Mediacom compatible?
Is it possible to use this as a T-Mobile hotspot?
About this item – Motorola MG7550 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, More | for Cable Plans Up to 300 Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0
- Integrating the cable modem and router produces a secure connection that saves desk space by reducing bulky wiring and power adapter clutter. The vertical form saves space on shelves and increases cooling while looking stylish in any home or office. It comes with a two-year warranty and strong lightning and power surge circuits to protect your money.
- Internet access via cable is required. Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW, CableOne, and other cable service providers have approved it for use. You can save up to 156 dollars per year on cable modem rental fees.(Savings are based on Xfinity and may vary by cable provider.) Fiber optic, DSL, and satellite services from Verizon, AT & T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others are not compatible with cable modems. (The MG7550 does not have a phone jack.)
- DOCSIS 16×4 3.0 cable modem with an integrated AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router, four Gigabit Ethernet connections, a firewall, Power Boost, and other features.Actual cable Internet service speeds of up to 375 Mbps are recommended for this product. Denial of Service attacks are protected by a Broadcom cable modem chipset. Even in multi-dwelling units with a lot of WiFi noise from neighbours, WiFi performance is superb. The importance of DFS and Power Boost cannot be overstated.
- The Wireless Power Boost uses high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost wireless signals to the permitted limit, significantly increasing speed and range. Unlike other routers, this one can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, making it less susceptible to WiFi interference from neighbours. Furthermore, beamforming at both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands concentrates the signal on wireless clients, improving performance and range.
- Internet connectivity for Wi-Fi devices such as smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV is provided by a built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, Power Boost, and DFS. Wired connectivity to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices is provided via four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Cable Plans Up to 800Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0
Fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices are provided by 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports. These connections can be changed to fit your needs.
Wi-Fi performance is quick. With AC1900 speed and up to 1800 square feet of wireless coverage, you can connect up to 30 devices (up to 1900 Mbps).
Save up to $168 per year in equipment rental expenses by replacing your cable modem and Wi-Fi router with the Model C7000.
Note: For troubleshooting instructions, see page 102 of the user guide.
Carriers’ speeds: Spectrum, Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), and Verizon (up to 400Mbps).
Technology used in modems: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32×8 channel bonding were used in the design.