Motorola MG7700 vs Netgear C7000: The Motorola MG7700 and Netgear C7000 are both top picks if you’re looking for a Wi-Fi system. But which of the two is the best? We will compare the two items side by side in our Motorola MG7700 vs Netgear C7000 comparison study to see which is the superior choice.
Motorola MG7700 vs Netgear C7000– Quick Comparison Summary
- While the Internet Plan Speed Compatibility of the Motorola MG7700 is up to 800 Mbps, the Internet Plan Speed Compatibility of the Netgear C7000 is only up to 600 Mbps.
- The dimensions of the Motorola MG7700 are 8.6 x 2.6 x 9 inches, while the dimensions of the Netgear C7000 are 9.66 x 8.31 x 1.7 inches.
The Motorola MG7700 weighs 1.5 pounds, whereas the Netgear C7000 weighs 1.6 pounds.
In comparison to the pricey Motorola MG7700, the Netgear C7000 is less expensive.
The Motorola MG7700 and Netgear C7000 both have amazing features including Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1900 Mbps, DOCSIS 3.0, Dual-Band, and many more.
While the Netgear C7000 only offers a one-year warranty, the Motorola MG7700 comes with a two-year warranty.
Compared to Motorola MG7700, Netgear C7000 is a much more well-liked Wi-Fi system on the market.
Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility
Up to 800Mbps
Up to 600Mbps
Date First Available
March 28, 2018
June 18, 2015
AC1900 (up to 1900 Mbps)
AC1900 (up to 1900 Mbps)
Phone, Tablet, WiFi-Enabled Devices, Media Streaming Devices, Computer, PC, Mac, Gaming Consoles
Cable Modem Router, Power Supply, Ethernet Cable
Network cable, Wireless router – cable modem – 4-port switch (integrated)
Frequency Band Class
Recommended Uses For Product
8.6 x 2.6 x 9 Inches
9.66 x 8.31 x 1.7 Inches
Do you have to pay for tech support for your phone if it stops working?
What does this modem's range look like? I want a strong signal in my 4,000-square-foot home.
I got taken by netgear. I'm looking for a dual Wi-Fi modem that won't have connection problems. should I buy this one?
Do the ethernet ports have 1 gigabit?
do I need to buy the netgear ac1200 wi-fi usb, and if so, what does it do?
I see a lot of people asking about routers and getting answers like "only modem" even though the description says "wifi modem combo." Where am I going wrong?
Does it work with Time Warner?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MG7700 vs Netgear C7000
About this item – Motorola MG7700 Modem WiFi Router Combo with Power Boost | Approved by Comcast Xfinity, Cox and Spectrum | for Cable Plans Up to 800 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0 + Gigabit Router
- 24×7 DOCSIS speed 3.0 cable Modem with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, an integrated AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router, power-boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed, which supports service speeds of up to 650, is 1000 Mbps.
- Eliminate annual cable modem leasing costs of up to 156 dollars. Savings vary by cable service provider and are displayed for Comcast Xfinity.) certified by every major cable company, such as Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Charter Spectrum (No cable modem works with satellite, fibre optic, or DSL services provided by Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, or any other provider.)
- High-speed router built-in with AC1900 wifi and Power boost: Gives Wi-Fi gadgets like cellphones, laptops, tablets, and more access to the internet. There are 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports that can be used to wired connect to Mac and Windows PCs, as well as other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable modem chipset offers defence against denial-of-service assaults.
- Boosting wireless power for increased speed and range – Increases the wireless signals to their maximum legal strength by adding high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers, which results in a significant increase in speed and range. In order to further improve performance and range, anybeam, which operates at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, concentrates the signal on wireless clients.
- WiFi Power Boost in the air In order to provide faster WiFi and increase WiFi range, Power Boost technology amplifies the wireless signal up to the limit imposed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). To further improve wireless performance, AnyBeam WiFi beamforming at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz concentrates the wireless signal on your wireless devices.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000-Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox for Cable Plans Up to 600Mbps | AC1900 WiFi Speed | DOCSIS 3.0
- coverage for up to 30 devices in an area of up to 1,800 square feet at AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, allowing you to avoid paying equipment rental fees of up to US$168 per year.
- Speeds by provider: Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum, and Xfinity (up to 600Mbps) (up to 400Mbps)
- With 4 x 1G Ethernet connections, connect computers, gaming consoles, streaming devices, and more.
- Utilize the 2.0 USB connector to share a storage drive with any connected hardware.
- Utilizes leading cable providers Perfectly compatible with COX, Spectrum, and Xfinity by Comcast. Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirectTV, DISH, and any other phone service bundles are incompatible with this. With Serious Speed in Mind ensures quick, dependable internet speed for HD streaming and other uses. Supports cable internet plans with speeds up to 600Mbps.
- 1800 sq. ft. and up WiFi Range Thanks to boosted antennas and range-enhancing Beamforming+ technology, you can rely on strong, dependable WiFi coverage.
- Up to 30 devices can use the seamless WiFi. Selects between two bands intelligently to reduce interference and increase speed for your numerous smart wireless devices. A Serious Streaming Platform Wireless speeds of up to 1900Mbps (AC1900) are ideal for requiring HD streaming and gaming.