Motorola MT8733 vs Netgear CAX80: Selecting an appropriate networking tool is essential if you want to improve your internet connectivity. In this article, we will compare the Motorola MT8733 to the Netgear CAX80. Which of these two gadgets is the better option, given their similar set of features and performance levels? Come along as we break down the pros and cons of each so you can choose the best option for your personal or company network.
Motorola MT8733 vs Netgear CAX80 – Quick Comparison Summary
- The Motorola MT8733 isn’t as famous as the Netgear Nighthawk CAX80, which is a cable modem with a built-in WiFi 6 router.
- The Motorola MT8733 is less expensive than the Netgear CAX80, which costs more because it has more features.
- The Motorola MT8733 has a WiFi 6 router, a multi-gig cable modem, and two phone ports. The Netgear CAX80, on the other hand, is a cable modem with a built-in WiFi router, but it doesn’t have any phone ports.
- The Motorola MT8733 has 3×1 Gig Ethernet ports and 1×2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports, while the Netgear CAX80 has 4×1 Gig Ethernet ports and 1×2.5 Multi-Gig LAN or Internet port.
- The motosync app can be used to set up the Motorola MT8733’s smart mobile app in minutes. With the Nighthawk app, the Netgear CAX80 can be set up in minutes.
- The Motorola MT8733 can cover up to 1,850 square feet, but the Netgear CAX80 can cover up to 2,500 square feet.
- The Motorola MT8733 can cover up to 100 or more devices at once, while the Netgear CAX80 can cover up to 30 devices.
- The Motorola MT8733 can go up to 2.5 Gbps, while the Netgear CAX80 can go up to 6 Gbps.
- The Motorola MT8733 doesn’t have a USB port, but the Netgear CAX80 does. This USB port can be used with computers, game systems, and a lot more.
- Through the Moto Sync app, parents can set rules for the Motorola MT8733.
- Motorola MT8733 and Netgear CAX80 both have some great features in common, such as Wifi 6 AX6000, Smart App, Dual-Band, Next-Generation DOCSIS 3.1 Technology, Setup in Minutes, and much more.
- The weight of the Motorola MT8733 is 3.61 pounds. The weight of the Netgear CAX80 is 4.45 pounds.
- The Motorola MT8733 is 10 inches by 6.65 inches by 6.14 inches, while the Netgear CAX80 is 12.56 inches by 10.12 inches by 5.24 inches.
Number of Ports
3X1 Gig Ethernet ports
4X1 Gig Ethernet Ports
2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port
Wifi 6 AX6000
Next-Generation DOCSIS 3.1 Technology
2 Phone Ports
1850 square feet
upto 2500 square feet
upto 100+ devices
upto 30 devices
upto 2.5 Gbps
upto 6 Gbps
1 x USB 3.0
10 x 6.65 x 6.14 inches
12.56 x 10.12 x 5.24 inches
I have Comcast Triple Play and intend to downgrade to Comcast internet just with my Ooma phone. Is this a good option for making this transition?
I recently upgraded my account to the 1000 mbps plan and would like to make the most of it. Will this gadget allow me to download at 1000 Mbps?
Mt7711 switches from bridge mode to eroute_dualmode at reboot or when prompted by Xfinity. Has anybody discovered a way to keep it in bridge mode?
Is this AT&T-compatible?
Will this modem operate with Comcast, Xfinity, or X1 bundled services and home security?
I notice a lot of people inquiring about routers and getting replies that state "modem only," while the description reads wifi modem combination. What am I overlooking?
Is it possible to connect a phone line to this unit?
Is this compatible with MoCA?
Will this be compatible with Cox's favored $150 plan?
Is this modem compatible with WiFi boosters that operate on a mesh network?
Amazon.com Description: Motorola MT8733 vs Netgear CAX80
About this item – Motorola MT8733 WiFi 6 Router + Multi-Gig Cable Modem + 2 Phone Ports | for Comcast Xfinity Voice and Gigabit Internet Plans Up to 2500 Mbps | AX6000 | DOCSIS 3.1 | with Smart Motosync App
- Superior, but it pays for itself: annual savings of up to $168 on modem leasing expenses
- Multi-gigabit Internet speed: Next-generation DOCSIS 3.1 technology provides ultra-fast rates of up to 2.5 Gbps. One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port and three 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports are included.
- The fastest multi-gigabit rates deliver up to 2.5 Gbps using next-generation DOCSIS 3.1 technology, which is 10 times faster than DOCSIS 3.0.
- Effective Mobile App With the motosync app, you can easily manage your network—run speed tests, set parental controls, share guest WiFi, and more.
- Compatible with Xfinity Internet and Voice—Xfinity certified—and works wonderfully with Xfinity Triple Play. NOT compatible with voice services not provided by XFINITY.
- Xfinity Internet and Voice: Advanced functions such as caller ID, call forwarding, and conference calling are supported via two integrated phone lines.
- The AX6000 WiFi Performance (WiFi 6) delivers excellent speeds. plus two phone lines for use with Xfinity service for smooth, uninterrupted calls. Caller ID, call forwarding, and conference calling are among the improved call options provided.
- Improved Gaming and Streaming The entire family may stream, game, and video chat on 100+ devices at the same time.
- Smart mobile app: The Motosync app allows for quick setup. From anywhere, you can manage, optimize, and safeguard your connected home.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem with Built-in WiFi 6 Router (CAX80) – Compatible All Major Providers incl. Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox | Plans Up to 6Gbps AX6000 speed DOCSIS 3.1
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet connections, 1 Gigabit LAN or internet port (supports port aggregation), and 1 USB 3.0 port for PCs, gaming consoles, streaming players, storage drives, and other connected devices Increase your internet speeds with 2-port aggregation, which may reach up to 2 Gbps for ultra-fast downloads for streaming and gaming.
- DOCSIS channel bonding in 3.1 and 32×8 dimensions
- Compatible with major cable internet providers such as Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox, among others. NOT compatible with VZW, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH, or any phone service package. Best for cable provider plans with speeds up to 6 Gbps.
- It takes the place of your cable modem and WiFi router. You may save up to $168 per year on equipment rental rates.
- NETGEAR Armor software provides an autonomous security barrier for your WiFi and connected devices (PC, phone, camera, TV, Echo, and so on) for real-time hacker protection and enhanced privacy with a VPN. A 30-day free trial period is offered.
- With dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6 Gbps), you can get up to 2,500 square feet of coverage and 30 concurrent devices.
- With the Nighthawk app, you can simply modify WiFi settings at the device and network levels, test internet speed, and monitor data use in minutes.
- Get rid of monthly modem rental fees. Never pay expensive modem rental fees again, saving up to 168 dollars every year.
- Important internet security With a 30-day free trial, you can protect your family’s WiFi with an automated shield of protection across all your connected devices.
- Wireless security protocols WPA, WPA2, and WPA3 are supported.