Netgear CM1100 vs CM1200: The Netgear CM1100 and CM1200 are both great options if you’re looking for computer networking cable modems. But which of the two is the best? We’ll compare the two models in our Netgear CM1100 vs CM1200 comparative study to see which is the superior choice.
Netgear CM1100 vs CM1200 – Quick Comparison Summary
When compared to the Netgear CM1100 Cable Modem, the Netgear CM1200 is an extremely popular item on Amazon.com.
While the Netgear CM1100 is more affordable, the Netgear CM1200 is more costly.
Both the CM1100 and the CM1200 from Netgear have some of the same features, including speeds of up to 2 Gigabits per second, channel counts of 32 x 8, link aggregation, and DOCSIS technology. 3.1.
There are two 1G Ethernet ports in the Netgear CM1100 and four in the CM1200.
The weight of the Netgear CM1100 is under 1 pound, but the weight of the Netgear CM1200 is 2.5 pounds.
The Netgear CM1100 was first introduced in 2018, while the Netgear CM1200 is the most recent version, having been introduced in 2019.
The dimensions of the Netgear CM1100 are 10 by 7 by 5 inches, whereas the dimensions of the NetGear CM1200 are 6.1 by 3.4 by 10.3 inches.
10 x 7 x 5 inches
6.1 x 3.4 x 10.3 inches
Works With Any Wi-Fi Router
Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility
Up to 2Gbps
Up to 2Gbps
Total Ethernet Ports
32 x 8 / 2 x 2
32 x 8 / 2 x 2
Easy 5 Minute Setup
Can I use this to replace my current Spectrum cable modem on my own, without a service call or the need to contact customer support?
Did it address any other bugs? Was there a different rental internet modem like the one I use from Comcast?
Most contemporary routers only have one pug in them, but this one has two. What use does the second plug-in serve?
Can you connect your pc directly to the router using one wan port on the cm1200 and residential cable internet from Xfinity?
How well does it function? And should I get in touch with Xfinity before using it?
Is the cm2000 a substantial speed improvement over the cm1000?
Amazon.com Description: Netgear CM1100 vs CM1200
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.1 for XFINITY by Comcast, Spectrum
- Link aggregation is supported by the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1100 Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem to give genuine Multi-Gig Internet speeds.
- Link aggregation is supported by NETGEAR’s Nighthawk Multi-Gig speed Cable Modem to give actual Multi-Gig Internet speeds.
- Your Internet connections will be improved, and online gaming and streaming will go smoothly. Any service packages available now as well as upcoming upgrades are compatible with this DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem.
- supports 2Gbps cable internet services, enabling quick, dependable internet speed for HD streaming and other uses.
- Your internet connections will be improved, and online gaming and streaming will go smoothly. This DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem is prepared for the service plans offered by Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox today as well as any upcoming updates.
- Start streaming by connecting the modem to the router that best suits your wifi requirements.
- After setting up link agg on both devices, ports 1 and 2 from the CM1200 to the RAX120 were linked in turn.
- The modem’s communication with Comcast took a bit longer than expected, but once it did, everything went well.
About this item – NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem CM1200 – Compatible with all Cable Providers including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox
- Cellular technologies include 32×8 channel bonding, OFDM 2×2, and DOCSIS 3.1. Multi-gig ethernet was all that was used in the engineering: Link aggregation increases wired ethernet speed by combining two 1G connections into a single 2G port.
- The four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to quickly connect your computer, separate WiFi router, printer, gaming console, and other devices.
- Because outlets and voltage vary from country to country, this device might need an adapter or converter to be used where you are traveling. Before buying, kindly verify compatibility.
- Utilizes any WiFi router: To support all of your wireless devices, connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port.
- Reduced monthly rent payments: Your cable modem is replaced by the Model CM1200, which reduces your annual equipment rental costs.
- It is compatible with all major cable internet providers and has a download speed of 2Gbps.(up to 1Gbps) (up to 800Mbps) Xfinity, Spectrum, and CoxWith these service providers, future speeds might alter over time. Any bundled voice service, Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, or DISH are incompatible.