Netgear CM600 vs CM1000: The Netgear CM600 And NetGear CM1000 are both great options if you’re searching for a cable modem. But which of the two is the best? We’ll compare the two items in our Netgear CM600 vs CM1000 comparison study to see which is the superior choice.
Netgear CM600 vs CM1000 – Quick Comparison Summary
On Amazon.com, the Netgear CM1000 cable modem has a huge number of satisfied customers. Consider the Netgear CM600 as a comparison.
The Netgear CM600 is more affordable since it is an older version of the product, whereas the Netgear CM1000 is more costly because it is the most recent version.
The maximum download speed for the Netgear CM600 Cable Internet Plan is 400 Mbps, while the maximum download speed for the Netgear CM1000 Cable Internet Plan is 1 Gigabit per second.
While the Netgear CM1000 Modem Technology is a DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem(10x Faster Download Speeds Than DOCSIS 3.0) With 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port, the Netgear CM600 Modem is a DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem(8x Faster Download Speeds Than DOCSIS 2.0) With 1 Gigabit Ethernet Port.
Both the CM600 and the CM1000 from Netgear have some of the same features, such as being built for serious speed, being compatible with any wireless router, and having an easy setup that takes only five minutes.
The weight of the Netgear CM600 is 2.27 pounds, and its dimensions are 8.47 by 9.97 by 3.78 inches. While the NetGear CM1000 has dimensions of 8.8 by 5.4 by 5.9 inches and a weight of 2.14 pounds, it only weighs 2.14 pounds.
DOCSIS 3.0 Channel Bonding
Cable Internet Plan Speed Compatibility
Up to 400 Mbps
Up to 1Gbps
Works With Any Wi-Fi Router
Gigabit Ethernet Ports
1 x 1G
1 x 1G
DOCSIS 3.1, 32×8 Channel Bonding, OFDM 2×2
Telephone Voice Ports
Internet service provider
Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum
Does this support IP from Spectrum or U Verse?
What does it imply that it is incompatible with voice services included in cable packages? Is this both a router and a modem in one?
Does this modem also offer WiFi?
Can voice be used with a phone to ethernet splitter?
Is there a location where an ethernet connection from the ooma telo may be plugged in?
What gaming modem is best?
Amazon.com Description: Netgear CM600 vs CM1000
About this item – NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600 – Compatible with Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 400 Mbps | DOCSIS 3.0 | 24×8
- Gigabit Ethernet port on a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem. DOCSIS 3.0 delivers download rates that are eight times quicker than DOCSIS 2.0.
Memory: 128 MB of RAM and 8 MB of NOR flash Plans for cable Internet speeds of up to 300 Mbps are available.
- All speed levels up to 500 Mbps are advised. A separate router is needed for WiFi. 24×8 channel bonding Only Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink cable modems are incompatible (no WiFi router).
- It is incredibly quick, easy to use, and contributes to a whole-home experience, making it perfect for streaming 4K UHD entertainment, quick downloads, and high-speed online gaming!
- It’s perfect for streaming videos and handles ISP plans up to 300 mbps with no problems.
- We connected it to a brand-new Tenda WiFi router, which has a dual band, a wonderful interface, high wireless data speeds (300 mbps + 867 mbps), and a high frequency per second.
- It also has a superb interface with a 1 Gigabit connector and a USB port for thumb-drive file sharing.
- compatible with a variety of cable providers, including Cablevision, Charter, Cox, and Comcast Xfinity. Cable Internet service is necessary.
About this item – NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000 – Compatible with All Cable Providers Including Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, Cox | for Cable Plans Up to 1 Gigabit | DOCSIS 3.1, Black (CM1000-1AZNAS)
- It is the ultra-high speed cable modem prepared for both current service plans and upcoming upgrades, and it is compatible with both DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 cable Internet service providers.
- A connection to high-speed cable Internet with rates of up to 6 Gbps is made possible by the Netgear CM1000-1AZNAS ultra-high speed cable modem.
- Enjoy 32×8 channel bonding or 2×2 OFDM for quicker download rates, even during busy times, while streaming Ultra HD video over IP.
- One Gigabit Ethernet port is used to connect to your computer or a separate Wi-Fi router.
Reduced monthly rent payments: Your cable modem may be replaced with the Model CM1000, saving you up to $168 in annual equipment rental costs.
- Utilizes any Wi-Fi router: To support all of your wireless devices, connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem’s Ethernet port.
- It is compatible with all major cable internet providers and has a download speed of 1 Gbps.Xfinity is currently accredited by Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) (up to 800Mbps). It is not compatible with any bundled voice service, Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, or DISH.