Netgear GS308 vs GS308E: The Netgear GS308 and the Netgear GS308E are both great options for an 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch; but which model is superior? We are attempting to discover which product is superior by contrasting the Netgear GS308 with Netgear GS308E.
Netgear GS308 vs GS308E– Quick Comparison Summary
Both the Netgear GS308 and GS308E have several amazing features in common, like mounting options for the device that may be either wall or desktop, 8 x 1G Gigabit Ethernet Ports, Plug-and-Play Setup Ease, Energy Efficient Design, Industry-leading 3-year limited hardware warranty, and more.
The price of the Netgear GS308 is more affordable than that of the Netgear GS308E, which is more expensive.
While the Netgear GS308 is only available as an unmanaged switch, the Netgear GS308E offers a Plus management type.
Securely isolated networks (VLAN) and bandwidth prioritization are features included with the Netgear GS308E (QoS).
Netgear GS308 dimensions are 6.22 x 4.02 x 1.02 inches, while Netgear GS308E dimensions are 6.2 x 4 x 1.1 inches.
Both the Netgear GS308 and GS308E 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch are extremely popular on Amazon.
The weight of the Netgear GS308 is 0.85 pounds, whereas the weight of the GS308E is 1.1 pounds.
While Netgear GS308E only has 8 ports, Netgear GS308 has 8 ports with enhanced features.
8 Port with Enhanced Features
Advanced Network Features
Securely separate networks (VLAN), Prioritize bandwidth (QoS)
Easy, Plug-and-Play Setup
Energy Efficient Design
Trust the Networking Leader
Date First Available
March 25, 2019
March 7, 2019
# Gigabit Ethernet Ports
8 x 1G
8 x 1G
Number of Ports
3-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
3-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
8-Port Switch (GS308v3), Power adapter, Quick installation guide
GS308E, 12V 1.0A power adapter, Quick install guide
Desktop or Wall
Desktop or Wall
6.22 x 4.02 x 1.02 inches
6.2 x 4 x 1.1 inches
Does the GS116 support Cat6 even if the specification only mentions Cat5?
What is the difference between unmanaged and unmanaged+?
Is there a benefit to using more than one input cable from the router, and will any of the ports serve as my "input port" from the router?
Are there 8 outputs and 1 input? Or no?
Despite the fact that the specification states Cat5, does this GS116 also support Cat6?
What is the temperature range of operation? I'll keep it in the attic in Texas.
Is the "in" connection wired or wireless?
Is the switching capacity of 48 Gbps the same in the 16-port model?
Will it work with a 220 volt power supply? I see conflicting responses here.
Amazon.com Description: Netgear GS308 vs GS308E
About this item – NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS308) – Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, Plug-and-Play, Silent Operation, Desktop or Wall Mount
- Believe the networking leader When it comes to home networking solutions, NETGEAR is the brand of choice. Desktop or wall mounting
IEEE802.3az-compliant energy-efficient design
- The NETGEAR 8-port Gigabit unmanaged switch is a simple, dependable, and cost-effective way to expand network connections in homes and small offices. It is plug-and-play and has a tough metal case.
- Auto-MDI/MDI, an LED indicator on each port, energy-efficient technology, fanless design, auto-negotiation, and non-blocking switching architecture are also included.
- Silent operation is ideal for noisy environments. The jumbo frame can hold 9,720 bytes.
- Energy-Efficient DesignEnergy-efficient technology saves energy in your home.
- allows for desktop or wall mounting.
- 3-year limited hardware warranty, which is industry-leading.
- There are eight gigabit Ethernet ports.
- A simple plug-and-play setup requires no software installation or configuration.
- Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, and NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (GS308) Plug-and-Play, Silent Mode, and D The setup is simple and plug-and-play. Simply connect your devices. There is no need for any software or configuration.
About this item – NETGEAR 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (GS308E) – Desktop or Wall Mount, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet Splitter, Silent Operation, Black
- Count on the leader in networking When it comes to home networking solutions, NETGEAR is the preferred brand.
- Introducing the NETGEAR GS308E, an 8-port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with VLAN, QoS, cable health check, and loop prevention.
- Through an intuitive graphical user interface, it delivers simple, dependable, and inexpensive plug-and-play connectivity to rapidly expand your business for workstations, servers, NAS storage, printers, and PCs with a solid metal design. The GS308E also features Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for optimal power savings and contains a 5-year warranty and 90-day support from NETGEAR.
- Plus, software with an intuitive interface provides basic network configuration, security, and monitoring functions.
- Silent operation is appropriate for noise-sensitive settings.
- Easy, Plug-and-Play Setup Just plug your devices in. There is no required configuration or software.
- Allows for placement on a desktop or a wall.
- Energy-Efficient Design Energy-efficient equipment reduces your home’s energy use.
- There are eight Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- industry-leading, three-year limited warranty on hardware.
- IEEE802.3az-compliant, energy-efficient design